Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
i just want this to come out and not feel like something still in Early Acess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
killing the wizards/magic-y mans first is generally a good idea

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I love my wizard. Not Aloth as a character, but after gobbling every grimoire I came across I eventually dropped the chanter NPC (I don't like him but he is at least more interesting than Aloth so far). Aloth can learn from any grimoire to fill in the holes, Druids and Priests get every spell wholesale on leveling, but in the Chanter's case you have to pick 1 chant/invocation. Eventually my wizard had some like 30 spells while the chanter has maybe 4-5 active spells he can do every 3+ passive chants (which is just boring from a gameplay perspective).

Wizards have pretty great debuffs, repel spells, and once you position your frontline not to be murdered by friendly fire, he can just poo poo damage over large aoe over and over.

That being said, as a spellcaster I way, way, way prefer the Druid and I'm really glad I picked that class.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

If a skill says targets, it means friend or foe, correct? I can just see my cipher's eyestrike biting me in the rear end when it blinds my tanks.

iirc if it says it affects: Target: single person targeting, Everyone: has friendly fire, Enemy: Only affects enemies. It's easy enough to see anyway since the spell targeting will make the cursors under your characters change and move if they're going to be affected by a spell.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Ending spoilers question

So what happens if you don't murder Raedric? Is there a way to kill him and not have him come back as a lich king? Is there a website will all the ending slideshows?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Spakstik posted:

I like this game well enough, but my god, the pathfinding and party AI (or lack thereof) are embarrassingly bad for a game released in 2015

Yeah I think if they could get a sequel out with the budget/polish of Blizzard, you could easily have one of the best games of the decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Azuth0667 posted:

Yeah this game has the best path finding of ie games to date and arguably it beats other games far more reliant on patching like sc: bw.

lol

• Locked thread