Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want to run a chanter and recreate my undead army from Diablo 2. What race would be best for this class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've been reading up on the Chanters and it seems like most of their attacks are the actual chants. Is summoning skeletons a specialization that comes later or can I play from the beginning with a focus on summoning?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So my pledge is confirmed. At this point what happens? Will they e-mail people their keys?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was just looking at my POE account page on my orders and the shipping status is now a big yellow PENDING. That made me way more excited than it should have.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

1stGear posted:

ropekid, how many surfaces in the office are currently covered in hookers and/or blow?

Also have you replaced your normal light sources with bejeweled chandeliers?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well, I know I already paid for the expansion, so there's that at least....

That's what's up.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is there a supply of custom portraits already ready for the game? Or does anyone have any good supplies? I'd like to pick some out before the game comes out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Now that it's preloaded into my system, I can relax. Can't wait to play this after I get home from work Thursday.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

From a little ways back, but I don't get people saying the dl size is 6gb. Mine was roughly 14 gigs.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ful posted:

Starting to feel pretty excited for the release. Can't decide between Steam or GoG though.
After Dragon Age 2 came out I told myself I wouldn't preorder games anymore; now here I am having paid for this, Torment and The Witcher 3.

Man this is exactly me, except add GTA 5 to the mix. I'm really looking forward to this. It's almost here.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

srb posted:

Haha, that guy has given exactly 4 reviews, all to Kickstarter CRPGs: Divinity 10/10, Wasteland 2 10/10, Dead State 0/10, Pillars 0/10.

I've never understood 0/10. Shouldn't that mean it's not actually a game, but instead a box of lent and other unknown objects?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Mantis posted:

so is this game going to be good or what

Yes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ZZZorcerer posted:

Everyone pre-buys the Expansion would be a good idea

It's nice to be ahead of the curve.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've seen it on a couple of let's plays and demos' but what are the dots above the characters during battle? Is that a setting you have to turn on? I don't see them above my characters when we fight.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Deaderinred posted:

neither do i... you on expert mode? i'm on expert mode so it might be that?

Oh God no. I stopped playing for difficulty as a younger man. I only roll on easy.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I'm thinking of rerolling as a priest, what should my stats look like to be effective?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I haven't checked the thread since Friday. gently caress you guys I'm not reading 3000 posts. Love the game though.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I gave in guys. I really tried my best to beat the Master Below. I had every intention...but in the end I tracked down a dragon hunter content in the peace she was able to offer to the world, ripped out her still living soul and with the horror still etched onto her face, allowed one of her ancient enemies to take her form and roam the Earth unchecked.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

Try harder. :colbert:

Specifically

Lay down a Repulsing Seal, pull the party back behind it, have someone go forward to engagethe convo with the dragon then run back to the party. Have the Wizard use a Potion of Eldritch Aim, Priest casts Bless, somebody uses a Scroll of Valor. Use Gaze of the Adragan when Adra Dragon trips the seal and knocks itself down.

Fire everything at the dragon. Congrats you win, petrify is insane.

That all sounds great. But...I'm already lord of my stronghold now. And it's not bad to have a dragon in my debt.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love having a high mechanic member in my group. It really saves time. While I was doing the quest looking for that girl in Dryford Village, I spoke with the people in that blasted out tower. I did a little quick save just in case, unlocked the backdoor and oh what's this? A hidden temple to an evil god? Well I guess I don't have to go look for that ogre any more now do I?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm pretty sure I got the story of Endless Path after beating it, but correct me if I'm wrong. A king from a long rear end time ago had a son who died. The king was wrecked with grief and decided to use magic in an attempt to bring his son back. In doing so, he built a big rear end statue on top of magic ore that could funnel souls into the statue. On the way to that, he and his subjects decided to cut corners and morality took a back seat. Then moments before being finished there was some sort of revolt, the king and his subjects died and they have been trapped ever since.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Disco Infiva posted:

Here, you just need to rename them.

And yeah, it's an awesome pic, definitely using it next time.

EDIT: This might be better, I think.

Thanks so much. This is a great pic.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Picked up the new expansion after taking a break. Decided to make a new character and went with a Bleak Walker. Question, should I only stick with cruel or aggressive options or is it OK if I do other stuff. I don't really want to be mean to my party members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

divx posted:

You should avoid Benevolent and Diplomatic options but everything else won't effect you.

If you did pick those options, what does that actually result in?

• Locked thread