Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

raditts posted:

I love that video, because for the first five minutes you're like "hey, isn't Prince supposed to be in here somewhere? Where is he?" And then the camera finally turns to him and he just destroys it.

Diamonds and Pearls was a great album. The Gold Experience was too and that came out afterward. If there's a line between "good Prince" and "not as good Prince" I think it's that triple album in the late 90s. Looks like it was called Emancipation, it was such a forgettable album that I couldn't even remember the name and I had to look it up.

I think the line is fairly well drawn with that loving squiggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jedit posted:

I think the line is fairly well drawn with that loving squiggle.

He was still producing amazing music during that period.

The best Prince story is from one of his old collaborators, I don't recall who offhand, who used to record with Prince for years and years and talks about the literal 100 fully produced albums Prince has made and been like "Naaaah, gently caress that." and locked them up in a vault.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

raditts posted:

I love that video, because for the first five minutes you're like "hey, isn't Prince supposed to be in here somewhere? Where is he?" And then the camera finally turns to him and he just destroys it.

I want to hear the wardrobe discussion beforehand. "Wait, WHO is wearing purple?"

quote:

Diamonds and Pearls was a great album. The Gold Experience was too and that came out afterward. If there's a line between "good Prince" and "not as good Prince" I think it's that triple album in the late 90s. Looks like it was called Emancipation, it was such a forgettable album that I couldn't even remember the name and I had to look it up.

Yeah, it might be. I just remember feeling disappointed by it at the time. It probably had more to do with what else was going on in the world of music by that time than Prince himself.

Rhyno posted:

He was still producing amazing music during that period.

The best Prince story is from one of his old collaborators, I don't recall who offhand, who used to record with Prince for years and years and talks about the literal 100 fully produced albums Prince has made and been like "Naaaah, gently caress that." and locked them up in a vault.

I've heard that there are literally thousands of tracks he never released.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pinky Artichoke posted:

I've heard that there are literally thousands of tracks he never released.

And while he saves everything he has left instructions for all of it to be destroyed when he dies. He is a cruel man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

And while he saves everything he has left instructions for all of it to be destroyed when he dies. He is a cruel man.

That probably won't happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

That probably won't happen.

You're right. He'll probably destroy it all himself.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Its fuckin Prince, how is this even a discussion!?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hangedman1984 posted:

Its fuckin Prince, how is this even a discussion!?

Bunch a drat kids around here.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rhyno posted:

You're right. He'll probably destroy it all himself.

Well of course, how do you think he's going to die

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The only good prince is the Fresh Prince.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Angela Christine posted:

The only good prince is the Fresh Prince.

You're going to hell. And not a very nice part of it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Prince was also really loving funny on New Girl. One of the few decent celebrity "guests" on a sitcom in the last decade that didn't suck.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait... wot?

brb Netflixing

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Rhyno posted:

Bunch a drat kids around here.

The other day I was musing on that Bowie line from 'Changes' about making GBS threads on the younger generation being a bad thing and feeling ashamed about falling into 'get off my lawn!'-ness but quite honestly, this new batch really is goddamn terrible and kinda deserves it. Eat the young, devour their souls and claim their vitality, it truly is wasted on them.

Okay, perhaps that's being a tad harsh. Just a tad.

Oh hey, yeah, iZombie. iZombie has been my favourite show of the year and I'm glad it's coming back!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sentinel Red posted:

The other day I was musing on that Bowie line from 'Changes' about making GBS threads on the younger generation being a bad thing and feeling ashamed about falling into 'get off my lawn!'-ness but quite honestly, this new batch really is goddamn terrible and kinda deserves it. Eat the young, devour their souls and claim their vitality, it truly is wasted on them.

Yeah, but in twenty years you'll be able to make fun of today's kids when they complain that the current generation doesn't understand the delicate nuance of Beyonce and Vampire Weekend.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!
iZombie - The Prince Discussion Thread

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Well what else do you expect us to do for the next 9 months?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Comic-Con's happening in a couple of weeks. Info will come out about the next season then.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

dik-dik posted:

Well what else do you expect us to do for the next 9 months?
Probably more like 4 months, but still, you make a good point.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rhyno posted:

You're going to hell. And not a very nice part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3PFC86UNI

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

datajosh posted:

Probably more like 4 months, but still, you make a good point.

Wait, it's coming back in October??

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

dik-dik posted:

It was a midseason filler, I think. If it's coming back for a full order of 22 it will start in October.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

dik-dik posted:

According to the CW's fall schedule it is. :) Only a 13 episode order right now but Rob Thomas said they're hoping to get the back 9 picked up too.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Holy poo poo this is the best news I've ever heard in my entire life.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

That is some God-tier scheduling I have to say. It's been popular, or at least word from those that watched it seems to have been largely positive so I don't imagine they'll have any issues getting those episodes.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Its also the CW - they really do a good job of shepherding and protecting new shows so they can grow audiences.

Particularly in a case like iZombie, where a network executive actually approached and courted Thomas herself to get him onboard.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Narcissus1916 posted:

Its also the CW - they really do a good job of shepherding and protecting new shows so they can grow audiences.

When the hell did the CW become a quality network for new shows, anyway? :psyduck:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Polaron posted:

When the hell did the CW become a quality network for new shows, anyway? :psyduck:

The day Arrow debuted. They really ramped up their game 3 years ago. I mean, they had good shows before that but it's exploded since then.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Polaron posted:

They realized that if they kept up the same quality of show but made all of the shows about comics then expectations would be appropriately tempered for their programming.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Dearly beloved, we're gathered here today to get through this thing called, "life." Electric word, "life;" it means forever, and that's a mighty long time. But I'm here to tell you, there's something else.

(Prince is awesome. Who are you people? Jesus.)

Too bad about, "When Doves Cry." That would've been great.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Just to sum up and see if I missed anything - Blaine got half the doseage and seems to have been cured (hair going black again, seems to have more pain), and Major as well. Which means that every zombie Blaine made will go after him :getin: Major will be put as central suspect at the scene for gunpowder traces in his hands and possible eyewitnesses of him going in guns blazing (guy really can't get a break). Zombies all over the city will go mental; and Liv will not give an explanation for why her brother can't get her blood, breaking her relationship with her mother.

Oh, and they ran out/are about to run out of mccuffin serum to create more cures. You know, this is about the time where you really want to talk to the CDC.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Don't forget that Blaine and Major will likely see side effects from the cure too - and we still have no idea if this one is permanent. Also, they might get their hands on more of that stuff from Max Rager. I have a feeling we'll see Steven Weber more in season 2.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Max Rager EXTREEEEEME!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

So cute :3:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Wow, her American accent is really good, I had no idea that she's a Kiwi.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

datajosh posted:

Don't forget that Blaine and Major will likely see side effects from the cure too - and we still have no idea if this one is permanent. Also, they might get their hands on more of that stuff from Max Rager. I have a feeling we'll see Steven Weber more in season 2.

Yeah, they definitely seemed to be seeing him up as next season's villain. Blaine seems due for a face turn although I'm sure they'll still hate him since he's an opportunistic piece of poo poo murderer and all.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Polaron posted:

We had a 2 page circle jerk about it.... you missed out.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Polaron posted:

I had listened to her on Jake and Amir's podcast a long time ago and just kind of forgot about it. After the show started she came on the podcast again and talked about iZombie, I was so confused because she obviously didn't sound like she does on the show. She sounds like an LA person, which I guess is the defacto american accent, american TV english.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ElCondemn posted:

I had listened to her on Jake and Amir's podcast a long time ago and just kind of forgot about it. After the show started she came on the podcast again and talked about iZombie, I was so confused because she obviously didn't sound like she does on the show. She sounds like an LA person, which I guess is the defacto american accent, american TV english.

The defacto American TV accent is actually the Midwestern accent (which is what she uses for the show). You can thank Edward R. Murrow for popularizing it as the "generic" American accent, since basically every newscaster since has tried to be him.

Of course, LA is picking up that accent since nobody who lives in LA is from there :v:

Polaron fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Just binged this, what a great show. Wouldn't it be pretty trivial for Blaine to get zombied again if he wanted to? He knows where all the zombies are. Just get one of them to scratch you, give them 50% off for the week. Maybe that's not what he wants, though.

• Locked thread