Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have seen a single episode of Dead Like Me and i hated it, on the other hand Veronica Mars is one of my favourite shows of all time, and i am happy that it leans much more towards Veronica Mars.
Really enjoyed this first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Apart from Piz season 3 was still really good, it just wasn't as good as the previous seasons, and the changes they had to make to satisfy the network meant we actually got a third season.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

JD-Smith posted:

I'm loving iZombie too. I was pleasantly surprised when I decided to check it out. I've never seen Veronica Mars though but I really like quirky detective type shows. So should I check it out?

When i first heard about Veronica Mars, i thought that a show about a teen detective sounded like the lamest idea ever, it wasn't until Joss Whedon called it the best show on tv, that i finally decided to give it a shot. I fell in love with it instantly, Veronica Mars is Such a great show, you should really see it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I still don't love the idea of Liv taking on the personality and abilities of the people she eats, but other than that i am enjoying the show, having the long term story continue every week really helps.

Aphrodite posted:

Just take a look at all the terrible romantic comedy garbage Kristen Bell has done since.

She still has all this good will with people though. That's how good Veronica Mars was. She would be Katherine Heigl without it.

People love her because from she is an allround awesome person, and just seems super nice and cool. she could easily have moved on from Veronica Mars, but she is as big a fan as anyone.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
By American standards Major Lilywhite doesn't seem to be that weird of a name.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rarity posted:

Bradley James's suave Brit act felt like it was directly channelling another performance but I can't figure out what :( It was very good though, can we just swap Major out for him?

Why settle for one of those two when she can have Ravi? :colbert:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am still shipping Liv and Ravi, but the new guy is better than Major at least. I am also happy that they ditched the bit where they feel the need to explain the premise of the show at the start of each episode, that is what the kickass into is for.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I like that they are giving Major something to do. And the English scene between Ravi and Lowell was pretty funny.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 29, 2015

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Pinky Artichoke posted:

I haven't been reading elsewhere, do people not like him? Something about him in the first episode or two did scream "low budget Canadian television" but in my opinion that's passed.

It is always hard being the "normal" guy on a show like this, so it is natural that his character is not that popular.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I like where they are going with Major, he could easily just have been the Duncan of iZombie.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Fast Luck posted:

It seems like Liv eats maybe a brain a week, so if he's got 20 clients it's possible he's gotta kill 20 people every single week just to keep them from raging out and starting to kill on their own like the rich lady did. How many people can disappear before the media starts paying major attention to the problem?

Whenever we see Liv eat, it really isn't a lot, so a single brain could probably feed 3-4 zombies if not more.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The show has officially been renewed for a second season. http://deadline.com/2015/05/izombie-renewed-season-2-cw-1201421862/

Oasx fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 6, 2015

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I love all the Veronica Mars cameos, i hope they continue. Also, as other have said that fakeout was pretty good.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't quite understand what the police captain was doing, he shot himself in the leg and then blew up the building, was he planning on running away before the explosion, or is his plan to escape from the morgue while everyone thinks he is dead?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

DarklyDreaming posted:

He shot himself so he could write "Blaine is the head of the zombie mafia" (Not actually what it says but that's what Seattle PD is supposed to figure out now) in blood. And I'm pretty sure he's 100% dead now, that was a suicide because he hated being a zombie

Since he didn't suffer any head injuries, i think there is a good chance that he could still be "alive"

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Angela Christine posted:

Exactly, we have no idea how any of this works. They don't get into the technobabble to heavily, because a zombie infection is nonsense and everyone knows it. Liv is a doctor who presumably does understand how the cure is supposed to work, and she wouldn't have wasted it on Blaine if she thought he'd be able to re-zombify.

Of course she began human trials after the cure had been tested on exactly two (2) rats, and 50% of them died, so lol. They have no idea what the side effects will be, other than a risk of sudden death. More fun in store for Major.

Also she only used half a dose on each of them. She didn't actually know if that would work, or any future consequences.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Season two promo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1hACoKIXT4
The trend of Veronica Mars cameos continues, but we still need to see Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The new season starts tomorrow/tonight, it was just announced that the network has ordered scripts for five more episode, so that is some good news.
Anyone up for making a new thread?

• Locked thread