Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Oh, I get it. Liv Moore, "live more." Nyuk nyuk.

I'm glad that they didn't just leave the jane doe having Lady Gaga's name there, I was wondering how long it would take them to come back around to that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah, I think I'll give this a DVR spot, even though I still hate the name. Hope it keeps up.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

pentyne posted:

Rose McIver does a fantastic job and the series really comes off as an interesting and unique take on the "special powers to solve crimes". I can see the constant references to it being Veronica Mars-like but I'm worried the whole "I'm a zombie and no one can know" might start to drag down the show. Usually the special power has to be revealed to the main ally (the cop) after too long or it just gets tedious.

It pretty much has to come up sooner than later, considering Liv's vision of the guy who turned her running wild.
Did we ever see the rival girl who invited her to the party again after she was zombified and climbing the sail of the boat? I'm sure there were more than a few people who went full zombie that weren't accounted for, which will likely be a future plot thread.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I enjoyed the pilot a lot.

I'm also watching Veronica Mars for the first time. I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but the third has not been going well for me. Seems like something was lost between two and three. But I don't really know what.

What was lost was a lot more obvious when it was airing, between season 2 and 3 is when WB changed over to CW and they made a sharp turn into Angsty Teen Drama territory as a network. For Veronica Mars this manifested in the form of a (long-defunct) network fan site that actively encouraged shipping and segments during commercial break featuring the "Aerie Girls", who were a bunch of teenage girls fawning over the male characters and chatting about the show like it was a soap opera, to match the amount of relationship bullshit that sandbagged the show in season 3.

It was just overall a really bad season until the last 2-3 episodes when everyone winds up back in Neptune and the show tries a bit to recapture its former glory, but doesn't have enough time left to develop things and just leaves a bunch of things hanging.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

qbert posted:

I liked the reveal that there are a bunch more zombies running around. Feels like a suitably interesting larger arc for the series to build on.

And apparently that zombification is indeed a sexually transmitted disease.

Did I miss something though, or were there no more zombies revealed in this episode than the lady that got turned?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Boogaleeboo posted:

Hilariously this show could be said to be a mix of two Eliza Dushku shows: Dollhouse and Tru Calling. A medical examiner solves the murders of dead people while picking up new skills and personalities each week.

The gimmick in Tru Calling was time travel, though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Jedit posted:

One good meal filled the void left by Pushing Daisies. This show is much more like Dead Like Me, coming from the opposite direction with less family drama angst. Hopefully it'll keep up the quality.

You shut your whore mouth, next you're gonna be talking poo poo about Wonderfalls.

I don't have to tolerate this poo poo from you punk kids
vvv

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 28, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Megazver posted:

People now think dietary cholesterol doesn't really translate into blood cholesterol. You can get your brain on without worry.

If the cholesterol don't kill you, that sodium will.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

M_Gargantua posted:

So if the producers are going for the Zombification as HIV metaphor then whats with her trying to get in the pants of her ex? Nasty move there.

It's not a huge mystery, she left him because it was the responsible thing to do, and between regretting that decision and having residual brain powers from Mr. Amorous she probably wanted to take it back in a moment of poor judgment.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Axel Serenity posted:

She's also a Kiwi, which I learned for the first time this week. Between this and Masters of Sex, I would have had no drat clue if it wasn't for some behind-the-scenes thing she did.

She also speaks in her normal accent when she does the "stay tuned for scenes from the next episode" credits voiceovers.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

It's possible that he's really on the level and Blaine just happened to be taking a brain order to somebody else.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Oh, I guess I missed that part.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, I don't understand why he wouldn't just kill Blaine and either take over the operation himself or set someone else up to manage it. Unless he's just waiting for the pieces of his plan to fall into place so he can step in and take over as smoothly as possible.

Maybe he's stringing him along with the promise of a cure. I don't think any of the characters are thinking of this whole zombie thing long-term, although it obviously will have to be or else there won't be any show.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Just got around to watching last week's episode.

I did not like the end to that episode. Goddamn it I hate that cliche "if you kill the bad guy then you're really just as bad as he is!" bullshit.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aside from that, is anyone else expecting the sideplot with Ravi's zombie rat bite to wind up that the bite makes him zombie-immune? When does the season end anyway?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

They are really loving Major over, I feel bad for that dude.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So was the Adele chick dead already or did she really just lie there and let that guy dump her in the lake while she was still alive?

Also, wondering if that guy will be coming back as a zombie after licking Liv's blood despite being turned into hamburger by the boat.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

LostRook posted:

Did you not finish the episode?

I must have been a couple minutes behind on DVR.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Goddamn that was a great finale. I really wanted Blaine to die but I knew he was far too "main character" for that to happen.
At least they destroyed his operation and effectively defeated him by "depowering" him. It was funny how quickly he turned into bitch mode once the only thing that gave him control was gone. Right back to punk-rear end street dealer mode.
I want to see Major turn into some kind of zombie daywalker in season 2.

One thing about the last part of the season that I thought was odd though - the whole "astronaut brains" thing. It was weird how it was just so casually a background thing, like they intended to make more of it but couldn't do anything with it so they dropped the plot line as well as they could. Wouldn't you think that an astronaut being murdered and having his brain removed is the kind of thing that would catch wider attention? I don't think Zombie Police Captain would be able to cover that up.

Oasx posted:

Since he didn't suffer any head injuries, i think there is a good chance that he could still be "alive"

They haven't been terribly clear on everything that can "kill" a zombie. Like obviously there's the old "bullet to the brain" standard, but there was that one episode where they were going to try killing Blaine with poison, and they mentioned that zombies still have a heartbeat and apparently are able to heal, so maybe stake through the heart would work too? Either way, being at the center of a humongous gas explosion I think can reasonably count on "not even a zombie is gonna walk away from this."

raditts fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 11, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Read posted:

Personally every time I've been in an hostage exchange involving a loved one I've been extremely level headed.

How often has that happened, exactly? :raise:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

Prince's music might suck, but if you say he's not a good musician. You're wrong.

You're also wrong if you say that first part.

Megazver posted:

He's an insane midget wanker?

Right, so how the gently caress do you not like Prince?

Air is lava! posted:

I feel bad for saying this, but I totally agree with Irish Joe here. This pretty much sums up how I feel about Prince.
I'm from a younger generation. And even though I am a huge fan of 80s music in general, his music always sounds boring and uninspiring.

The younger generation is a generation of bitches.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 15, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

Prince, out face melting Eric Clapton. Destroys one of the greatest solos ever, throws guitar into the crowd and pimp walks off stage.
The defence rests...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INsVaR-S-w

I love that video, because for the first five minutes you're like "hey, isn't Prince supposed to be in here somewhere? Where is he?" And then the camera finally turns to him and he just destroys it.

Pinky Artichoke posted:

They're also at a disadvantage, since all Prince's later self-indulgent goofiness is closer to their lifetimes. I feel like he was amazing before Purple Rain, partially resident inside his own rear end but still often quite great through the later 80s, and then totally lost to the world circa Diamonds And Pearls in 1991.

Diamonds and Pearls was a great album. The Gold Experience was too and that came out afterward. If there's a line between "good Prince" and "not as good Prince" I think it's that triple album in the late 90s. Looks like it was called Emancipation, it was such a forgettable album that I couldn't even remember the name and I had to look it up.

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 15, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rhyno posted:

You're right. He'll probably destroy it all himself.

Well of course, how do you think he's going to die

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

datajosh posted:

Don't forget that Blaine and Major will likely see side effects from the cure too - and we still have no idea if this one is permanent. Also, they might get their hands on more of that stuff from Max Rager. I have a feeling we'll see Steven Weber more in season 2.

Yeah, they definitely seemed to be seeing him up as next season's villain. Blaine seems due for a face turn although I'm sure they'll still hate him since he's an opportunistic piece of poo poo murderer and all.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

They've said that the show is going to deal with none of that and is going to remain zombies-only, so that's gotta be a step up right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is Peyton coming back? I forget what happened with her actress that caused the abrupt disappearance from the show.

• Locked thread