Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Viginti posted:

It was a weird episode in that it seemed like I had missed the backdoor miniseries or something given just how quickly they flew though the premise. That's not a bad thing mind, I think we're all well and truly sick of origin stories so it makes sense to skip to the meat. I don't know that the meat is all that appealing at this stage though, the procedural stuff wasn't remarkably inventive aside from the brain eating and the mythos is pretty rough. Ill give it an episode or two more, but it might be one I just keep an ear out for to see if it gets really good.

The CW's showrunners seem to be all about putting the hammer down these days. The Flash episode we got tonight would have been a second season finale on any other network, and Arrow's become famous for ripping through drama arcs that other shows would drag on for months in like three episodes tops. I'm all for slow burns, but it's kind of refreshing when the shows just get right the hell on with it.

And yeah, seconding the opinion that this show exists smack dab on the Veronica Mars to Dead Like Me axis of the TV spectrum. Whether it's going to settle down and become that good remains to be seen, but it's definitely got aspirations in that general direction.

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread