Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The comics are fun in the crazy Allred way but they go very big into supernatural stuff which I think this show is staying away from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

Not even I, Mr. Positivity, think that spinoff could work.

They've got a pretty drat good cast and the people have learned what makes the show work already as evidenced by this season and the last.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

Really? Who do they have?

Cliff Curtis, Kim Dickens, and Alycia Carey (Lexa on The 100)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

13 episodes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, they've pretty much confirmed it's already gotten as supernatural as it's ever going to get. Zombies are it for the show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Flatscan posted:

No, because this is good.

This is the correct answer to anyone comparing this to shows with Eliza Dushku in them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wow the show isn't changing the game after three episodes? What a slow burner! This show is much better written than either Flash or Arrow though and that much is very clear after only three episodes. No sign of super cringeworthy dialog at all yet and even the best episodes of Flash and Arrow are rife with that poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I kind of hope, and expect, this show to stay pretty much procedural. There's nothing wrong at all with procedural if it's done well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stop talking about Dollhouse in this thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Deakul posted:

I'm hoping the show eventually expands its scope to include the other craziness of the comics.(ghosts, were-people, monsters in general)

It's not. They've specifically said the show will not get more supernatural characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes, I'd rather they not include all those other things as well. The setup they have no is enough.

• Locked thread