Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«21 »
  • Locked thread
Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

With Galactica's chain of command still unstable and unclear after the brief mutiny, the senior officers are surprised when President Baltar marches into CIC and starts shouting orders. The Doctor seemed to have realised in all the internal disruption on board Galactica, Starbuck was out there alone fighting off the Cylons almost single handed. Taking Baltar's advice into mind, Galactica's Communications Officer orders a wing of newly trained pilots to act as Starbuck's cover. A Viper is able to deplete the mass of Raiders and give their new Admiral some vital breathing room...

A Viper from 4 moves to 5 and shoots once. 1d8=5 HIT! Raider destroyed!

As Baltar congratulates himself as several small red dots on the DRADIS vanish due to his plan, he receives a message from the Quorum. The battle outside has made it difficult for the supply transports to reliably restock the civilian carriers and people are going hungry. Should he allow the situation to worsen and concentrate on the fierce battle, or allocate a portion of Galactica's provisions to the civilian fleet?

Crisis!

Water Shortage ( C): President Chooses: -1 Food.

OR The President discards 2 Skill Cards, then the Current Player discards 3 Skill Cards.

Activate Basestars (no Jump).

President Baltar (OhHiMaahk), is Food an Issue? Also Choose a Card for your Delusional Intuition draw before you make your choice. As you are both the President and the Current Player, remember that the bottom choice would have you discard 5 cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


We need skill cards way more than food right now!

##Draw 1 TAC
##Choose -1 food
##Clench buttox

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Baltar deals 1 TAC, Food is decreased by 1.

Basestars activate! 1d8 = 2 MISS 1d8 = 5 HIT Weapons Control Damaged!

Baltar doesn't hesitate in sending a response. With the military situation desperate and a high priority, the civilian fleet will have to fend for itself. Supplies begin to slowly dwindle among the rag-tag armada and people start to go hungry...

The Cylon fleet continues it's endless pursuit and a salvo of warheads crash into the hull of the aging Battlestar, causing the Galactica to reel and groan. Heavy damage is sustained to the ship's guns and point defenses...

Meanwhile, on Colonial One, Tom Zarek is told of the confusing situation on the Battlestar. With the President still off ship, and apparently taking military matters into his own hand, can Zarek keep the Quorum and press in line during this time of crisis?


Turn 1.4: Zarek (Fat Samurai) is the Current Player.

Zarek (Fat Samurai) draws 2 LEA, 2 POL and 1 TAC.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


I guess I'll fix Weapon Control on my turn if I snag a Repair. I can also get Gaius some Quorum pulls, but I get nervous about letting any President draw too many of those, much less Gaius.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.


##Play XO on Starbuck

Some more pew pew, Admiral, if you please. I'd rather not lose two Admirals in consecutive turns.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


##Shoot at the raiders twice again!

(BH, do I need to wait for you to post before I do this?)

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Nah that's fine. Fat Samurai, would you like to move, or will you be staying in Administration?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.


Brony Hunter posted:

Nah that's fine. Fat Samurai, would you like to move, or will you be staying in Administration?

I don't remember if there is anything to prevent movement, and I doubt anyone will want to XO me, but ##move to the press room anyway.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Zarek moves to the Press Room and uses LEA 1 - Executive Order on Starbuck. She shoots twice at the Raiders. 1d8 = 1 MISS 1d8 = 5 HIT One Raider Destroyed!

With nosy journalists badgering him for questions regarding the President's absence, Tom Zarek calmly addresses the crowd and informs them everything is under control. After the brief press conference ends, he receives word that Starbuck had lead another strafing run on the Cylon Raiders. Although her shooting wasn't as sharp as before, it did help stave the enemy off the unarmed civilian ships - for now at least. As he sits down in Baltar's comfy swiveling chair, he looks out the window and rubs his eyes. Were there even more Cylon ships jumping in?

Crisis!

Boarding Parties: Activate Heavy Raiders.

Set Up Ships: 1 Basestar in Sector 2 (Component limit reached, no effect), 2 Heavy Raiders each in Sector 1 and 3 (Component limit reached, Current Player must choose between Sector 1 and 3), 4 Raiders in Sector 2, 1 Civilian in Sector 4, 2 Civilians in Sector 5[/b]

Surprise Assault: There are no Vipers in this setup.

Before I set up the board, DaisyDanger, would you like to use Secret Destiny for this Crisis? If Secret Destiny is not used, Fat Samurai, please choose to place 2 Heavy Raiders in Sector 1 or 3.

I'll let you guys discuss it over before you make a choice, if you want.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


Jesus. Yeah I'd like to discuss that.

We are so hosed. It's early to use my OPG but we've been so unlucky with crises and the lack of jump prep. Thoughts?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


Naw, let it ride. As long as someone doesn't reveal here, I bet we'll have time to get a handle on this.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.


Heavy raiders go straight for the hangar instead of clockwise, right? Then Section 3

Klades
Sep 8, 2011



I'm mostly worried about those civs in 4. We need to get more vipers out there or pull those civs back to 5. Then after we jump maybe I can get out of this box.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


Ok, if you guys feel confident, then I do too.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


Daisy, he may be waiting for you to bold that decision?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


No OPG, bring on the Cylons

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Heavies activate and a bunch more poo poo spawns!

Turn 1.5: Chief (Somberbreo) is the Current Player.

Chief (Somberbreo) draws 1 POL, 2 LEA and 2 ENG

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


Well... fart!

##play LEA 2 - Executive Order on OhHiMaahk(President Baltar.

I guess take a shot at those Heavies.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


Is everyone on board with that? I guess the main alternative would be quorum farming but I think someone should camp command given the board state.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


I mean, some Brutal Force would be nice but you're right there at Command.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Will you be moving anywhere, Somberbreo, or staying on the Hangar Deck?

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


Allrighty then

##Activate Command, launch 1 viper into 5 and take 1 shot at a heavy raider

I'll send a CO for my second action.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Chief plays a LEA 2 XO on Baltar! He launches a Viper into 5 and shoots at a Heavy.

Roll: 1d8 = 5 MISS

By CO he shoots again, twice.

1d8 = 3 MISS 1d8 = 2 4 MISS

welp

With evermore Cylons closing in, Chief Tyrol and his deck crew work around the clock to get more Vipers ready, and keep them rearmed and restocked. After smacking some older Vipers really hard with a wrench, he lets Galactica CIC know that another wing of fighters are ready for launch. Dr Baltar gives a presidential order to get reinforcements out into space. Unfortunately, the nugget pilots drafted have very little combat experience and don't come close to striking any of the Heavy Raiders that are looming menacingly close to the Basestar.

With no end in sight of the Cylon pursuit, the fleet is starting to get exhausted and restless... Is there no salvation or hope of escape in sight?


The Crisis Deck says "gently caress you guys" and reveals:

Crisis!

Thirty-Three:


Activate Raiders.

Set Up Ships: 1 Basestar in Sector 1 (Component Limit Reached), 1 Viper each in 5 and 6, 1 Civilian each in 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Relentless Pursuit: Keep in play until a Civilian ship or Basestar is destroyed. If this card is in play when the Fleet Jumps, shuffle it back into the Crisis deck.

Well, same question again. DaisyDanger, OPG? You'll note this CAC won't add anymore Cylon ships to the board at this stage, but it will add more Vipers and Civilians.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


Brony Hunter posted:

Will you be moving anywhere, Somberbreo, or staying on the Hangar Deck?

Eh, staying I guess?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


Well, whichever civ ends up in 3 is pretty much dead and we will have every single viper on the board. Opinions?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


So it goes!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


Yep. I'm leaning towards no OPG unless someone says otherwise in the next few minutes.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Hey maybe you guys might burn through every CAC in the deck before jumping and spend the rest of the game with no threat from Cylon Attacks at all

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


Yeah, might as well save your Destiny for another day. I'm more worried about the Heavies than anything.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


Ok, no OPG.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Activate Raiders: A Raider attacks an unmanned Viper in Sector 4. 1d8 = 1 Miss! Raiders in Sector 2 and 3 Advance! More Vipers and Civs are spat out!

Turn 2.1: Admiral Starbuck (DaisyDanger) is the Current Player.

Admiral Starbuck (DaisyDanger) draws 2 TAC, 2 PIL and needs to choose her variable draw.

DaisyDanger, choose a LEA or ENG before you take your action.

Starbuck
is an Expert Pilot! She may take two Actions. (You can still take 2 actions even if you use your Movement Step to go to a Galactica or Colonial One location)

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


LEA please.

I can't take my turn until I'm home in an hour or so. In the meantime, I'll happily listen to any opinions you guys may have about what I should be doing.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Starbuck draws 1 LEA

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


Blow up those Heavies while you can, I guess.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


What about all the regular ol' raiders right here? I don't want to move and leave the civvies in 4 with only one viper, do I?

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


If you have an XO you can use it on me and I'll shoot four times.

You'll still have an action left over as well.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


I think XOing you after this is probably a good idea, but considering you are Baltar, I'm a little cautious. I'm open to opinions from everyone else.

I am certain I want to take out those raiders, so let's play PIL 3 - Maximum Firepower and shoot at the raiders in sector 4!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Starbuck attacks four times! 1d8 x 4 = 7, 5, 8, 1 Three Raiders Destroyed!

The relentless Cylon assault leaves the entire fleet surrounded and exposed. Galactica scrambles every last Viper it has, throwing all or nothing into a desperate defense of rag tag human armada. Not wanting to rely on the nugget pilots to protect the civilians, and with Galactica's ordinance still offline, Admiral Thrace takes matters into her own hands. She charges her Viper alone into a large cluster of enemy Raiders...and singlehandedly shoots down a significant number of them with no damage to her own vessel.

DaisyDanger, you have one Action remaining.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


Play LEA 1 - XO on Baltar

Please don't be a cylon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


##Activate Command to shoot twice at the heavy raiders in sector 5

  • Locked thread
«21 »