Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«21 »
  • Locked thread
Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Gonna allow a brief pause to see if anyone would like to play a Strat Plan, should they have one. (If you do have one but want to hold onto it, PM me a CO)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Also, Baltar, feel free to send me a CO should both Heavies be wiped out

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


I am guessing we're sans robots right now, because if I were a robot I would tripping over myself to reveal here.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

By CO, Starbuck plays TAC 3 - Strategic Planning on the first shot.

1d8+2 = 4 Miss!
1d8 + 0 = 7 HIT! One Heavy Raider Destroyed!

Baltar, you have one action remaining. (Same deal as before regarding Strat Plans and COs, should Maahk choose to attack the Heavy Raiders again.)

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


Mr. President, I am sorry for thinking you might be a Cylon.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


Sorry for the delay

##Activate Command, shoot at the heavy

I'll CO for the second activation

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Baltar activates Command twice again. By CO, Zarek plays TAC 3: Strat Plan on the second shot.

1d8 + 0 = 1 Miss!
1d8 + 2 = 7 Hit! Heavy Raider in 5 Destroyed!

Inspired by the leadership of both their Admiral and President, some brave pilots shoot down some Cylon boarding parties moments before they were in range of impact with the Basestar. Tactical advice Tom Zarek phoned into Baltar contributed to this victory.

With the fleet's officers focused heavily on the situation on DRADIS, security aboard Galactica has become slack, especially around the Battlestar's CIC...


Crisis!

Security Breach - 6 LEA TAC:

Pass: No Effect;
Fail: -1 Morale, and all characters in the "Command" location are sent to "Sickbay."

Launch Raiders (no Jump).

OhHiMaahk (Baltar) is currently in Command. Everyone, play in or pass.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014




Someday we'll get a jump prep.

This isn't a hard crisis to pass and I think we'd probably lose more skill cards total by me starting in sick bay?

That being said I can't help a whole lot.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


Ughhhhhhhno jump prep

I should be able to help with this. I won't be home for like 2-3 hours though to make certain.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.


I can carry this with some help unless the Destiny deck decides to be a dick about things.

OhHiMaahk posted:

So it's going to be one of those games, is it?

Just quoting this for no reason.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Normally it's against the rules to quote from anything more than a page back...buuuut I'm letting that slide because it's pretty amusing and appropriate

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


Brony Hunter posted:

Normally it's against the rules to quote from anything more than a page back...buuuut I'm letting that slide because it's pretty amusing and appropriate

Wait really? Why is that?

I uh, don't really want to play into this but I can do that if it's necessary.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Not sure, it's an SA/PBP rule. I...I guess it's to simulate the fact that on a table the players won't have perfect memories and couldn't, say, bring in the exact results of a Skill Check done 5 rounds ago to accuse someone of being a Cylon, for example.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011



phonepost because my computer died, ##play 1

Klades
Sep 8, 2011



bsgedit: that's a low

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.


OK, I'm a loving idiot and completely misread the test and thought it required other cards. Didn't notice until I was about to send the PM.

I can help very little.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


Well, it seems like no one can help a lot, but everyone can help a little. Fortunately we only need 6 which shouldn't be too hard to hit.

Play 1, low

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


##Play 1, low

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


##play one, high

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.


##Play 1

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Security Breach - 6 LEA TAC

LEA 1 - Executive Order
LEA 4 - Declare Emergency
TAC 1 - Launch Scout
TAC 1 - Launch Scout
TAC 2 - Launch Scout
TAC 2 - Launch Scout
ENG 2 - Repair

Total: 9 PASS, No Effect!
Launch Raiders: Raiders are launched from each Basestar.

With the possibility of an internal threat as well as the external danger, a squad of handpicked marines is posted to protect Galactica's bridge, ready to protect the President and command crew should any mishaps occur. For the time being, at least, their fears are unfounded...

Turn 2.2: Adama (Klades) is the Current Player.

Adama (Klades) draws 3 LEA, 2 TAC and reshuffles the LEA deck.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits


Might be worth it just to scout for Jump, I think trying to protect that Civvie is too dangerous.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011



Sounds reasonable, let's ##scout the crisis deck (phonepost) (tac 1)

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Roll 1d8 = Top Crisis Sent!

Klades, keep or bury Crisis.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011



##bury it, surely we can do better

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Oh yeah, that roll was a 5, for the record.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Top Crisis Card moved to the bottom of the deck.

Despite being currently locked up in the brig of his own Battlestar, the former Admiral Adama still holds influence among certain factions of the crew. From his cell, he manages to contact a Raptor crew. Using the confusion of the ongoing pursuit, the Raptor jumps out of the system and scouts for incoming threats, before returning to Adama with information about their recon...

Adama is in the Brig, no Crisis.

Turn 2.3: President Baltar (OhHiMaahk) is the Current Player.

President Baltar (OhHiMaahk) draws 2 POL, 1 LEA, 1 ENG.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


Well, I guess I'll try to setup for the raider onslaught.

##Activate Command, move 2 vipers from 5 to 4

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Under the orders of the President, Galactica's Vipers scramble towards the cloud of Raiders, ready to hold off the inevitable Cylon onslaught. Although Starbuck appreciates the cover, she starts to worry about Baltar's increased authority aboard the Battlestar. Her crew think the same, and she recieves several requests from her officers that she should seize power from the civilian fleet. With the military situation so vital, perhaps this is no time for the red tape that comes with politics? However, tensions are mounting and if Starbuck makes the wrong decision, infighting will become a very real possibility...

Crisis!

Declare Martial Law : Admiral Chooses: -1 Morale and the Admiral receives the President Title.

OR

-1 Population and the Admiral discards 2 Skill Cards

Activate Basestars (no Jump).

Admiral Starbuck (DaisyDanger), will you declare Martial Law? [b]OhHiMaahk[/b[, choose draw for Delusional Intuition.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


Did you forget to shuffle the DeckCylon?

Draw TAC

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

The spreadsheet automatically shuffles the Crisis deck at game set up. It...was not shuffled in the humans' favour, it seems

Baltar draws a TAC

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

As a note, after seeing the initial spread of Crisis cards I could have reshuffled the deck myself if I wanted, but I'm trying to be impartial - I'm just here to draw the cards, not influence the game.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

On the "bright side", drawing all these nasty Crises with no Jump Prep early on could mean the deck will be cleared of all the crappy cards later in the game! Maybe?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.


I don't suppose I feel the need to be a dictator.

##Discard PIL 1 - Evasive Maneuvers and TAC 1 - Launch Scout

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Starbuck discards, Population - 1!

Basestars Attack! 1d8 = 5 HIT Fuel Token Damaged! 1d8 = 6 HIT Food Token Damaged!

Starbuck has no time for politics as she is too focused leading the Viper squadrons in their defense of the fleet. She leaves the situation out of her hands for now. Some time later, she hears reports of riots aboard the civilian fleet in support of Baltar, with the protesters demanding that all military authority be given to the president. Before the revolt can spread throughout the fleet, Starbuck sends the marines in to diffuse the rioting. Although the protests are quelled, there are casualties on both sides.

Just as this is happening, the Basestars enter range of Galactica and open fire. A salvo of missiles barrage into the hull of the old Battlestar, breaching several key bulkheads. Soon, countless gallons of both Tylium and fresh water are jettisonned out into space through leaks in tanks and the hull, and although Tyrol and his deckhands are eventually able to bring it under control, a significant portion of the fleet's fuel reserves and water supplies are lost...


Turn 2.4: Zarek (Fat Samurai) is the Current Player.

Zarek (Fat Samurai) draws 2 LEA, 2 POL, 1 TAC.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.


Sorry, busy weekend. Been travelling a lot.

##Play TAC 2 - Launch Scout

At this point, anything with Jump Prep works, right?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Roll 1d8 = 7 Top Crisis Card Sent!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.


No objections means everyone agrees!

##Keep

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

With the fleet losing Tylium following the rupture of Galactica's tanks, concerns are raised whether or not a jump large enough to evade the Cylons is possible without refueling first. Fortunately, a collection of explorers and scientists have theorised that there could be several uncharted moons and planets in the nearby systems with abudent supplies of raw Tylium, ready to be mined and converted into starship fuel. It is an ambitious project and will require significant manpower and resources...assets which may be more useful in the current battle against the Cylons. As the President and Admiral are unavailable, the scientists go to the office of Tom Zarek, whose criminal connections may be able to provide them with raptors and willing volunteers...

Scouting for Fuel - 12 TAC PIL:
Current Player Chooses:

Pass: +1 Fuel;
Fail: -1 Fuel and destroy 1 Raptor.

OR Roll a die. If 4 or lower, -1 Fuel.

Activate Raiders, |PREPARE FOR JUMP!

Zarek (Fat Samurai), is the mission for fuel risked? Everyone, feel free to discuss this before Zarek makes his decision.

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at Mar 30, 2015 around 18:06

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014


Passing this would be nice considering we just lost a fuel, but 12 TAC/PIL might be hard considering what we've seen out of destiny. I can help a little bit if we go for it.

  • Locked thread
«21 »