Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
IT'S MARCH HOW HYPE ARE YOU
This poll is closed.
HYPE 14 13.86%
REAL HYPE 37 36.63%
ehn 8 7.92%
Seriously ban anyone who picks #3 42 41.58%
Total: 101 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Meltathon posted:

It was scheduled like a month ago, and not by me. I'll still be watching the first half from my work computer though.

An idiot I work with scheduled a presentation by a big name speaker for the middle of the WVU game, which is also the Friday before spring break. When informed this was a bad idea if he wanted anyone to attend it, he seemed to think that his talk was way more important and that people were being silly for thinking that those factors would contribute.

I've already made it known I am not sticking around for the talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Meltathon posted:

See if you can get someone to take a picture of the low low attendance.

I'll have to pop in and setup everything for the recording :(

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

cyclone gonna cyclone

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Scrode posted:

As much as I'd love to see Northeastern pull this off it just gives Kentucky an easier route to the final four. So conflicted.

Notre Dame ain't beatin' Cayuts.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

go dragons or whatever

blazers

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol at those dudes just humiliating charles barkley for his gay rear end bracket

sir charles gives no fucks.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

Then their logo should be a midpriced suv or a sportcoat, not a dang dragon

yes well, they're playing a team with a cardinal as their mascot who are really named after a tornado so,

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

at one point the bird was in a tornado but alas

that was a cool logo imo

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

SHARTING BEAR posted:

Why would you want Verne Lunquist with anyone??

Vern owns in an ironic sort of way.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

Bird In A Blender

this would be a pro name change for someone

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Jastiger posted:

The Cyclones used to be the cardinals way back when, I think. So thus the bird.

ISU is just missing the easy shots right now. They aren't rebounding and they don't seem to have the hustle they should be in an NCAA tourney.

don't try and defend your lovely branding decisions. *pounds fork and knife on table* bring back bird in a blender

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

God, how do they manage to make the MM Live worse every loving year

The Boss Button, sponsored by BUICK.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Spintzel posted:

I feel like an idiot for listening to ISU hype. Somehow I was convinced this wasnt going to be the same team that lost to Texas Tech

Don't. They're going to end up winning this 20.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

mike brey is one of the worst tournament coaches of all time

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Kidd-Liggit posted:

Worst loving possession ever, christ almighty

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Marquis de Pyro posted:

You know if they were the bigger team the refs would have bailed them out there

yup

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

but yes mike brey is an awful, awful tournament coach

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

Norfolk St beating Mizzou was one of the crowning moments of basketball, so you shut your mouth.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I love how this team's entire offensive philosophy is, "Clunk, score on the offensive rebound."

We went to a final 4 with that.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

:dogbutton:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

i am cumming

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

what?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

hahahahahahhahahahahhahahha

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

think that dude just landed himself a real job

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kindermord posted:

big12 champs getting knocked off in the first round by Podunk U that's not embarrassing at all for the STRONGEST DIV 1 CONFERENCE

given how many times this happens to the acc,

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

so metly needs to get his name change on

Meltathon posted:

Out of my meeting, what's up? gently caress me.

bird's been blended

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

To be fair, Baylor is about to lose to Georgia State, and then we're both going to have to reckon with the fact our conference is probably overrated as gently caress.

before or after WVU knocks out Kentucky :smug:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Posting my new name. It's what I get for trusting in Iowa State Athletics.

I approve.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

^^--Louisville

Still the weirdest coaching hire recently. Just, why?

Sayeth a dude who roots for a school who once hired Frank Haith

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Go the fighting Panthers.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

horry loving poo poo

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kindermord posted:

b12 humiliation continues apace

i am strangely okay with this

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

all andichu conferences are garbage in the post season

the big east won like 7 out of 10 titles so?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

stimpy posted:

probably just reminds you of the old Big East days

this is, however, a very big east first day

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ZentraediElite posted:

WVU preppin' to look like the best Big12 team in the tourney when we knock off Kentucky :cool:

I don't think I could contain the :smug: if that happened

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

the_american_dream posted:

GA States coach owns

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

i am gonna have to find my post where i predicted baylor would lose in hilarious fashion to some lovely mid major in the first round

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

I will weep tears of joy if the Big 12 somehow goes 0-7.

this is entirely possible. but the big ten of all people should not be smug about another conference making GBS threads the bed in post season play.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

in women's basketball or?

lol okay 4 out of 10, which is still exactly like 4 more than the Big Ten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

the conference had almost half the elite 8 last year

i was reffing your success in football in recent years silly

like i don't honestly even care because it's hard for me to be invested in this conference beyond just being happy to be here and also fully knowing we're going to somehow poo poo the bed tomorrow

• Locked thread