Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I am not a serious person but I do take offense easily so I'll join if there is room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Confirmed.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Ah the early game... How I have not missed you.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Orvin posted:

You could join in with the wild pointless accusations and have some fun.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

I don't like mr crawfish because early D1 lists are hilariously dumb. I also think he is pushing this "I'm so town" argument of his on what's his face way to hard and it weirds me out.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

TheRam posted:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~ LYNCH CANDIDATE PROPOSAL ~*~*~*~*~*~*

Player Name: Crazyeyes

Crimes:
  • Disingenuous use of the word "list".
  • Finger of Suspicion cast without vote.
  • Low fruit enthusiast
Further: Through his decision not to vote, Crazyeyes shows us
that he does not wish to draw attention. (S)He refers to Alasdair as "listing",
whilst Alasdair gave opinions of three players, it is disingenuous and downright
untownsly to attribute a scum mind to his post! You see, Crazyeyes has
given us a glimpse already of the malcontent hidden behind his town
facade. Crazyeyes early pursuit of the most vocal, and most presumably
mentally-handicapped poster (barring one Ram, The) and treatment of said
action betrays his desire to remain an elusive member of the scum faction.

Suggested sentence: Crazyeyes should be summarily hung, Day 1,
Achieved through the proclamation ##vote Crazyeyes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~ LYNCH CANDIDATE PROPOSAL ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lol @ u

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

i'm posting my reads its what mafia is about how is listing a few people "a list"

Because it was a weak list and looks like you were just posting something to look like you're contributing. Every person you name is "kinda" this or "sorta" that. It's a list without substance and to me too early in the game to constitute a list.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

lol at voting me for both "pushing an argument too hard" and "being too wishy washy" at the same time

I'm not voting you, ya dum dum. That's why TheRam is voting for me. Get your poo poo together.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

your dum dum

##vote: crazyeyes

No you

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Orvin posted:

I am having a hard time trying to figure out if the Crazyeyes and Alasdair votes for each other are two town players in a slap fight with OMGUS votes on each other, or if Crazyeyes is actually scum.

At this point, I am thinking Alasdair is town. And Crazyeyes doesn't seem to be putting any effort in.

##vote Crazyeyes

My vote on Alasdair is obviously a joke vote. I will post a more robust post later once I get home (around 1:00 EST give or take) cause I've been phone posting thus far.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Crazyeyes posted:

My vote on Alasdair is obviously a joke vote. I will post a more robust post later once I get home (around 1:00 EST give or take) cause I've been phone posting thus far.

##unvote

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Ok so I promised a long(er) post on my thoughts thusfar and am returned to my home so...

Alasdair Crawfish: I think he is going overboard on Samfucious for his "I'm town again..." opening post. It is beyond reasonable to still be obsessing about it and that he is is disturbing to me. This post in particular which I highlighted on earlier:

i'm legitimately okay with killing samfucious today for his scummy first post fyi. also we have 3 days until lylo so i'm fairly comfy with shooting from the hip. d1 is garbage

canuckistan comes off as kind of weird when he is mad about d1 jokephase ending so early.

king of bleh comes off as kind of aimless which makes me lean toward townie

haven't got much of a read on anybody else yet

is scummy as hell to me because he:

1. Wants to lynch Sam for what he calls a "scummy" post. Also a single post. Not a strong case by any means and yet he is willing to lynch him.
2. In the very next sentence he implies that he doesn't care if Sam is even actually scum because "we have 3 days til lylo" anyway so might as well just kill him.
3. throws in a few more names just to seem like he is making reads despite them being incredibly soft. While I would by no means expect hard and strong alignment calls on D1, they seem almost secondary to wanting Sam lynched. He has also on several occasions thus far said he would not mind a turbo lynch. He says it jokingly but is definitely pushing Sam hard.

While on the subject of Alasdair, I legitimately did not realize I put him at -1 with my vote. I will take the blame for that and blame the fact that I haven't played in a while and was phone posting and simply didn't count how many votes he already had. THAT BEING SAID it would be very telling, should Alasdair die at some point, to look back at that scenario as it would be indicative of who is scum and not based on who would have had the chance to end D1 early based on my idiocy.

Preview Edit: Why? Because he isn't voting?

Canukistan: I like Canuk for town. A vibe I'm getting. particularly this post:

Canuckistan posted:

I think it's obvious. I'm suspicious of anyone making bold moves or claims so early in the D1, as that could be a scumtell of playing bold and hoping that people read it as town.

How serious do I think he was? Well, if he was scum then I think he would be very serious. I have no idea if turbolynches happen in D1. This my my 4th game and I sucked in every one of them.

He also keeps attributing my vote as I'm mad about jokephase ending early. I've already explained that I don't give a fig about jokephase yet he keeps claiming it.
because it is very much in line with my own thinking.

King of Bleh: Hasn't said much but asked Canuk a few good questions which I liked. I'd like to see his opinion on the discussion taking place.

A Worthy Uh: Kinda same boat as KoB so I can't tell ya much. I find his theory-crafting concerning what a "scumtell" is with regard post quality to be in line with my own views on the subject

a worthy uhh posted:

unless you play fast and loose as scum

so basically not trying hard OR trying too hard OR trying just enough are all scumtells

It is very true that, regardless of how one posts, someone could argue they are "acting scummy". It is a dangerous mindset as it lets your other biases affect how you are reading the post. If you think a certain person is scummy, you will naturally interpret everything they say to be scummy and then say they are "trying too hard to look town" or whatever else is necessary to justify your viewpoint.

Atoramos: This one is gonna drive me crazy because my meta on the subject is that I perpetually lean town on Atoramos and then get burned at some point later in the game. He is contributing quite a bit as I always remember him doing and that is always great on D1 so I have no issue with him so far. He appears genuine in his assessments and I approve of such play. His mere presence makes me paranoid though for the meta reason stated above.

Orvin: I think he is town for the following post:

Orvin posted:

I am about to turn in for the night, but I figured with 4 votes on Alasdair Crawfish, that might not be the best position to leave things in overnight. I will review things in the morning before placing another vote.

Off the cuff thoughts:

Lots of OMGUS votes being thrown around right now.

I still think TheRam is pushing Crazyeyes pretty hard on thin evidence.

and then TheRam hops on the Alasdair bandwagon pretty quickly.

Unless something changes overnight, I will probably be voting TheRam.

No scum in history would pass up the chance to hammer a town player (assuming Alasdair is one), nor draw attention to the fact that he was at 4/5 before going off for the night. On the other hand if Alasdair was scum I would think a scum-bro Orvin would push harder to dissuade the votes presently on Alasdair at that point. This is convincing evidence for me to think Orvin is town.

TheRam: Starts the game with joking nonsense as is standard for many. Jumps on me like a goddamn pit bull after I say I don't like Alasdair's "list" post and then sits on that for the duration. Gotta stretch pretty drat far to come to what he thinks is a solid case on me. He then begins defending himself pretty vigorously with all this "what do you mean 'pushing too hard'?" as if that is either an excuse or he doesn't know what the words mean, which I know he does. You act as though it is a new concept and plead ignorance which no one should be buying. This nonsense is followed by simply deriding other players for being out of the loop too long. While I admit I am not free of rust by any means, pretty sure TheRam was also dragged out of semi-retirement as well not long ago so not sure what his point is by making these statements besides misdirection from what he knows is a stretch case. My meta with TheRam from what I remember is that he fell solidly into the "thinks I am scum every game I play" camp. He was very rarely right on that point, but daggum did he want to be. Despite that irritation I believe he can be a very valuable town player when he wants to be.

If I were gonna vote for someone to lynch, it would probably be Alasdair (##vote Alasdair Crawfish. If there is a cop in the building (33% chance isn't awful after all) I would argue that TheRam is the best choice for target of an investigation as I think potentially confirming him as an asset would be incredibly beneficial.

Anyway, that's what I got to say.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Votecount for Day 1

Crazyeyes (3): TheRam, TheRam, TheRam, Alasdair Crawfish, Alasdair Crawfish, Alasdair Crawfish, Orvin
Alasdair Crawfish (2): Orvin, Canuckistan, Samfucius, Crazyeyes, Orvin, Crazyeyes, Canuckistan, Crazyeyes
TheRam (1): King of Bleh
Samfucius (1): Atoramos, Alasdair Crawfish, Alasdair Crawfish
King of Bleh (0): TheRam, TheRam
Canuckistan (0): TheRam, TheRam

Not Voting (2): a worthy uhh, Canuckistan

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 24th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 3 minutes.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

um are you just giving up on reading the thread. i have gone from "samfucious is scummy based on his opening post" to "samfucious is a dumbass townie" based on more of his posts. none of what you have said has been true for half the game

Not quite.

i think samfucious is more townie now because i reckon his hypothetical scumbuddy would do a bit more to stop him making retarded posts

This is not a legitimate statement moving away from Sam in my opinion. Saying he is "too dumb to be scum" is hilariously bad play and I do not accept it.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

I asked you to explain your #2 and you haven't yet, btw. Please do so.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

in fact to really take the wind out of your sails I'll go on record and say to me, samfucious is the person I think is most likely to be townie in this game

Literally scummiest post of the game right here.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

see the exchange starting here:

I guess I see what you were trying to say but am less than convinced about the level of extremity you seem to think it signifies.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Atoramos posted:

I enjoy how you like KoB when he's still riding his early-game vote on Ram because Ram won't be around much until later in the week.

Never said I liked him. Said he hasn't said anything.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Yes. I liked his questions. You are being willfully dense on this point.

TheRam posted:

If you're town this is a truly awful assessment of what happened. Also when I came out of retirement I was mean but didn't become bad, but then again I've played a lot of games. I also think I am a bad target for an investigation since I post a lot about my opinions generally and cop investigations should be used to nail the fuckers who barely post and intend to coast by.

I didn't like the big post and didn't really agree at all with the reads of myself, Alasdair and Atoramos who are the most uh, vocal posters I guess so far. Over all I still want to lynch Crazyeyes.

That is a lovely way to use a cop investigation. They should be used to validate those who are guiding the course of the game, ie- those posting. The more they post the better the target. Regardless I was just making the comment that I would investigate you if I could and believe it to be a smart play. That is simply a difference of opinion on a purely theoretical situation.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

TheRam posted:

Nah, cop is a garbage role that confirms people right?
The other way of attempting to confirm people is by evaluating their reads etc, you know, playing mafia.

Cop shouldn't be used to attempt to further confirm people who are vocal and have things you can read about them. Cop should be used to target those who can't be targeted by real mafia player (i.e. actually reading people properly).

Nah. Hard evidence lets you actually trust what people have to say. In this setup a cop would 100% confirm somebody.

Samfucius posted:

I have been convinced that crazyeyes is the smart vote, but just throwing a new vote out there without a bit of effort as to why I am switching has gotten me lynched in the past. I am walking out the door to run a few errands and I don't have the time to make that post. If you'll allow me to say that there have been some good points made about crazyeyes and just leave it at that, then yeah, I am cool with ##vote crazyeyes

This poo poo gonna be so funny. I'll leave ya'll with the same thing I always say when I am town and everyone is so entrenched in their biased opinions to see that.

Look at those who came after me in force and the arguments made. There dwells your scum.

Oh yeah...

Crazyeyes posted:

Hello you infuriating bastards. I suppose I could join a game considering I am home on medical leave for the next month or so...

Too bad I'd get lynched almost immediately as the tradition of thinking I am a bad guy every goddamn time would no-doubt make a glorious return.

I'm a goddamn prophet.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

you know what is usually scummy? swansongs (especially when you're really not that close to being lynched)

Nah. It's just what I do. Blind people can't change what they see so after a certain amount of effort I stop trying to make them.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Atoramos posted:

Crazy I legitimately read the opposite of every single point you make. You say you like KoB's prodding of Canuck and you like the questions.... but those questions were suggesting that AC wasn't that scummy re: the very same things that you want to vote AC for.

I read them as simply seeking clarification and they are good questions to ask. It indicates to me a desire to understand the reasoning behind a statement.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

since idiots aren't posting the image that automatically updates:

Seriously why is there not a vote count in/near the OP? I hate having to go to votefinder for it and keep jumping to the OP out of habit to find it.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

King of Bleh posted:

##vote a worthy uhh has posted four times since joke phase ended and twice since the game really took off yesterday and contributed nothing with any of those posts. I'd rather lynch him than crazyeyes. I got the same bad vibes from his one *sirens* post that TheRam didn't like, haven't decided yet how his subsequent posts have made me feel.

Happy?

A D1 lurker lynch is rarely a good idea unless D1 is like... 10 days long or something dumb like that. Just saying.

oh boohoo king atoramos has to play with newbies :qq:

hope your tears dont ruin your jewel encrusted scepter

I dont think really anyone in this game is a "newbie" by any stretch. with maybe 1-2 exceptions.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Crazyeyes posted:

A D1 lurker lynch is rarely a good idea unless D1 is like... 10 days long or something dumb like that. Just saying.

I dont think really anyone in this game is a "newbie" by any stretch. with maybe 1-2 exceptions.

Actually i think "A Worthy Uhh" is the only name I dont recognize.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

King of Bleh posted:

You're pretty much a dead man walking, so building a case for day 2 is more productive than just hammering you :) ( :mafia101: )

The presumptuousness of this sentence is beyond hilarious. "building a case for tomorrow" would not involve voting for someone today

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

King of Bleh posted:

Stop posting! I need to break the modline!

I'm caught up now, I'm very happy with a crazyeyes lynch based purely on this:

your dum dum

##vote: crazyeyes

Crazyeyes posted:

No you

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

It boggles my mind how oblivious someone has to be to not see this as a joke vote.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Update: Would vote KoB for lovely bandwagon vote and counting his chickens before they hatch. The smugness of that "well you're dead anyway so moving on..." is too much. Still think AC is scummy but less convinced than before. Convinced he is a meany, though.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

you would vote? then why haven't you?

I am voting.

It's a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" situation. If I don't vote, you complain and call that scummy. If I do, obvious OMGUS case. Obvious trap.

I was saying I would be comfortable voting him if it came to it.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

King of Bleh posted:

Do you dispute that you placed an obvious joke vote on someone after voicing a legitimate, non-joke suspicion of them?

The two are unrelated but no I do not dispute it.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

no I am asking why you aren't voting for the person you said you would vote for.

nobody has accused you of OMGUS at all because you haven't done that, voting for someone voting for you isn't automatically OMGUS

If someone votes for you, and you immediately follow up by voting them, it is universally seen as OMGUS.

And I am voting for one of the people I said I would vote for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

:ghost:~~:ghost:

• Locked thread