Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I haven't played in years and then I got a PM from someone asking me if I was interested in getting back in the game.

I am.

I am interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Before this game starts just wanna say that I am pretty excited to get back into mafia. I played a decent number of games back in the day and the only time I was anything other than vanilla town was when I was the world's worst mason. Maybe I'll get some flavor this time, maybe I'll actually do something worthwhile.

It's probably for the best if I don't. :shrek:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Howdy y'all.

I get to continue my unbroken townie streak.

Yippee.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

goddamnit votefinder.

##vote: Samfucious

Hahaha, good try. If it makes you feel any better you are definitely not the first person to add an "o" there.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Why was my post scummy?

I am town, again. That's all I was saying. I have yet to be scum and I think it sounds kind of fun.

You're really stretching here.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

King of Bleh posted:

That's a pretty common position to take, actually.

I mean, it is impossible to argue that the townies know what they are doing D1, but a D1 turbolynch doesn't tell us any thing either. D1 the scum hold every card except numbers, it just seems silly to give them that advantage too by becoming a mob. At the end of the day the lynch will likely be a total crapshoot unless someone slips badly, but lets post a while first.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

TheRam posted:

I know what I'm doing D1, you get the crapshoot phase then you get the serious phase. I am actually a D1 scum catcher fyi. Sadly resigning yourself to not being the best does not a scum make!

Oh captain, my captain.

Teach me your ways.

I think Crawfish is being scummy, coming down as hard as he is. I was hoping he would get some sycophants so that I could point out some collusion, but nevertheless I think I will ##vote Alasdair Crawfish

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Oh, and MMM, Mills is still in the OP as a player.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

this is classic OMGUS. yawn

lol. I know I am town. You are pushing me hard. I would be stupid to ignore this for ~meta~ reasons. Nice try.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

this is legitimately an embarrassing poast

Posting honestly feels good, man. Try it.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

if your actually scum then your doing a standup job of playing a really stupid townie and you deserve to win

I am honestly trying to learn this game, and it seems you ate implying a "smart townie" should okay by being as abrasive as possible. Please confirm/deny.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I can't remember the procedure here: is ninja editing kosher for the purpose of correcting typos?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Atoramos posted:

Sam you have literally posted nothing other than "I'm townie" over and over and I'm fine leaving my vote here for now

At this point my own alignment is all I know. The fact that people are trying to deny that our own alignments are all we know is weird and illogical. Maybe I just don't get mafia, but I've tried to think of this another way and at this juncture my brain doesn't work that way.

I am a dumb townie, I have never played scum and only a handful of games so I have only conjecture as to how scum thinks. I know earnestness isn't a cool guy trait but it is what I got.

If you kill me today you can still recover, there are plenty of townies. And yeah, it'll be information. Not good info though, at least not as good as it could be if we finger scum. Don't do it. I have never seen the end of a game, and I'd love to see townies win.

Alastair is weirdly insistant and I don't like it. He made one case and then just made fun of my posting. It is a transparent or Ill-founded gambit to rally people in a scummy ad-hominem way.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

TheRam posted:

Follow this point through, why would a scum be weirdly insistent? Why are ad hominems scummy? Just because something isn't friendly or what you want doesn't make it scum. It's early D1 I know, but do you really think that it's a scum tell that a player with the post/av style of Alasdair Crawfish is posting in a zany way?

I feel like it would be a strong move to try and get a bandwagon going D1, because when there are more people you can dissapear into a crowwd better. Late game it feels like scum might have to be more wary of a bandwagon scenario, because once more evidence hits the floor people not obviously making deductions get the side-eye. That's why the insistent thing rubbed menthe wrong way. Then of course I turned around and got really insistent so :shrug:

In terms of the ad-hominem thing, it seems like an easy way to fish for votes. As much was we like to talk about playing really well, there are a look of newbies in the game and there is a strong attraction to just vote for who you don't like.

As for the zany thing, I play under the assumption that everyone else is better at deception than me, so an avatar doesn't really sway me to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

The thing is, it is pretty obvious to me that AC isn't really doing much of that stuff any more. It would be a bit hypocritical to keep my vote on him. I also agree with Ram that he is making the game more interesting. So for now ##unvote

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Jesus Christ I need to stop phone posting, this screen is too small and somehow I just read right over typos.

I will have a new vote in place in an hour or two, I need to get my car fixed and a haircut, then I'll be back (with a laptop)

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I have been convinced that crazyeyes is the smart vote, but just throwing a new vote out there without a bit of effort as to why I am switching has gotten me lynched in the past. I am walking out the door to run a few errands and I don't have the time to make that post. If you'll allow me to say that there have been some good points made about crazyeyes and just leave it at that, then yeah, I am cool with ##vote crazyeyes

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Crazyeyes posted:

Literally scummiest post of the game right here.

I want to know the logic behind this.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Haha, well, gently caress.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

TheRam posted:

Otherwise NK me?

Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

I'm looking at who he interacted with, seeing if it looks like any of them got spooked. Post coming tonight or tomorrow.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

King of Bleh posted:

I intend on ignoring most players in this game until it gets smaller/slower, I don't feel like responding to everything by everyone.

So you intend on playing badly?

I'm no paragon, but geez.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

okay so here's what I get from my rereads

king of bleh: mostly lurked, avoided saying anything controversial or putting himself out there
canuckistan: made a lot out of jokephase ending, also hasn't really said anything of substance. has spent most of the game pushing on me because he doesnt like me
MiR: mostly lurking until end of day, tried to play it off as avoiding NK (???), questions have been kind of softball and didn't vote me after saying I was extremely scummy, ended up hammering when I gave him poo poo for it
atoramos: always have a hard time reading him. he has actually picked fights which is more townie but unfortunately has spent too much time going over mafia 101
orvin: newbie hasn't said anything interesting, votes have always been on popular candidates
samfucious: stupid town hasn't said anything interesting except OMGUS

turn up the heat on king of bleh imo

##vote: King of Bleh

D1 you said that Canuckistan was your second choice. I know he's out now pending replacement, but assuming CE was your first choice, why didn't you drop a vote on Canuck in this post? You switch your focus to KoB, but I just went through your post history and you don't mention him much, spending a LOT more time on Canuck. You are the person who pushes so hard for people to drop votes on who they think are most likely scum, why didn't you follow your own advice?

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Your vote on Atoramos makes more sense, did you temporarily forget your own meta or was this a slip?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Unrelated question: are the forums absolutely chugging for anyone else?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Atoramos posted:

It's a 9 player game down to a 7 player game it's not like it's that difficult to read all 8 pages of a thread.

Yea there's some issue, it seems to be speeding up. If you went looking for people who were colluding with Alasdair why didn't you care about these posts:

which were the two posts suggesting what he did wasn't scummy?

Honestly you didn't really engage with me, and while you were voting for me you didn't seem to be pushing for a turbo, which was my big eye raiser. I was looking for something a bit more blatant at the time. Do you still think lynching me is a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

:ghost:~I'm so tooooown~:ghost:

• Locked thread