Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I haven't done a cyor in a while, in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

flatluigi posted:

Sharkmafia and Hiipfire have responded, but I've asked both for better role ideas. Still waiting on Gulag and PMush.

Get it together, Hiip

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's a pool hall with a bunch of ping pong tables in Nanaimo, come visit and we'll ping some pong.

Also confirming

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You don't want to go to the east coast. It's cold there, and they have inferior light bulbs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Right then, light's out ##vote KB

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EccoRaven posted:

Sure ok.

You should vote for Rurea though because his thing was way scummier than your thing.

See to me though, the fence sitting usually would mean rurea is town, and that KB was trying to hang back so when Rurea flips town he can go "See, I knew it!".

I haven't read back far enough to see what Rurea did, so maybe it's egregious, but these things tend to follow patterns

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That was a good vig, I'm cool with Shark.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

There is clearly a cylon/machine running lose that we won't be able to find now that KB is gone, so I don't think it really netted us anything.

I think that's a dead end, like those stupid curly lightbulbs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

keeps everyone in suspicion in suspicion and doesn't give his own opinions actually

Except for when he straight up does and votes Shark?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So? You can't be suspicious of someone who isn't already under suspicion?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

you can, but i'm saying that particular post was motivated by pretending to add to the conversation, while not changing topics or easing up on any of the people seen as scummy. note that he doesn't say why any of them might be town.

You've lost me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

Killing randomly is a townier move than a targeted kill? How is that even remotely true?

##vote CShark

KB was suspicious, I'm not sure why people keep calling this a random vig. It was a good shot.

##vote Ecco On board with this, the aloofness looks scummy to me. Sorry ernie, hope it's ok that I agree with people

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

Shark killed the person who answered his query, that's not a shot targeting KB for his play.

The question is would he have killed anyone who answered the question or was that coincidence? And if he would just kill the first player to answer how does that make sense as a scum power or play

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

Why are you defending Shark so much?

Because I had my vote on KB and I'm glad it went down the way it did.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

See now this is why posting quotas never go well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I kind of like Hiip's stuff on Byers and want to read into him a bit better

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote vorbis for that super fake hand wringing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

Vorbis is a really weak vote.

I disagree

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

No, I disagree.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Opop, is this ~GUT~?

A little I guess, mainly it was all the pearl clutching in his last few posts

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sure are a lot of vigs this game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shark Mafia posted:

Okay so actually my big issue with voting lordvorbis is that ghostgangster is voting for him, and I don't like that guy's posts.

Let tell me tell you about a little thing called bussing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pretty sure GG is going to flip town. He's playing like a townie in over his head a bit. he's also likely to get modkilled/replaced so I don't want to vote him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey guys, so what did I miss :stare:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shark Mafia posted:

Okay yeah that was probably a given

so since it turns out ecco was 100% on the level I guess two of these four people are the last scum

Also there's me I guess

Shark Mafia posted:

I guess I could be a deep cover operative, so deep even I don't know it, but I'm going to assume not and look at the other people

Well that's suspicious

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shark Mafia posted:

Yeah its 'mislynch 3 times our of five total people and lose' which I don't think has an acryonyn

Also yes I concur here goes

I am the GHOST GANG, my powers are to vigkill the first person to say 'mike jones' in the thread. Also I could night-recruit a person into my gang as an unconfirmed masonry. I decided to use it on yuming because it didn't seem that useful and I wanted to hang out, but then it turned out she was scum and she got lynched before saying anything in the mason doc, rip

So are you 3P?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm a light bulb salesman who refuses to get on board with CFL bulbs.

My old bulbs keep going out at night, leaving me in the dark and making me untargetable, though the flavour has been leading me to believe I'll betray myself and upgrade soon (probably at LYLO)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This ain't my first rodeo, ernie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No, you've scared me into revealing my true nature and caught me in my web of lies, oh grandmaster!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not 3P hunting, I actually thought Shark was claiming 3P and was asking. And I didn't really know how I felt about the ecco stuff or how that would work, and frankly wasn't paying a lot of attention since a)I had to wake up at 5 for work today and b) It's MsPop's birthday and I was too full of Mexican food to think straight and c)roughly two days happened in between times I could have gotten a handle on things.

Kudos to you for not trying to spring a trap card on me like I assumed you were, though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Assuming Ecco was telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and it's entirely possible Ecco was not, then I suppose Shark and either Rurea or Max.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie how dare you, I trusted you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Now I realize this looks bad coming from someone on the list, but before we get a big ole chain kill going I would like to point out again that Ecco was not town, and we have no real reason to believe they were telling the truth, or more likely that they were telling the entire truth.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

Why would she lie? In that situation, telling the truth was the best way to survive.

That's why I specified "the whole truth". I think withholding information is more likely than outright lying. Or maybe Ecco was entirely upfront and honest, I just wanted to point it out

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He seems to be telling the truth and has a fairly confirmable role

Also gut, of course

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

That's fair enough, and something to keep in mind in later days, but right now we're probably at 2 scum out of 10 players and scum were threatened enough by Ecco to kill her after her second round of actions. So for now I'm going to focus on that second set of players.

Unless of course Ecco was wrong/lying, and scum killed Ecco in order to cause a giant chain kill that wipes out a bunch of town :tinfoil:

I mean that's a worst case scenario but it's kind of my main concern here.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

• Was on board about Hiipfire getting his role in.

What?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Maybe the Hiipfire support casing is weak since that's technically during the pre-game, but your joke prodding of him to 'get it together', Rurea's 'Typical'.

But don't discredit my casing without addressing the rest of what I brought up against you.

Anyhow, I gotta' at least pretend like I'm a valuable employee (for a little bit, I'll return).

Well the other points are weak and don't go anywhere, I just wanted to ask about that one specifically to confirm that you were, in fact, commenting about something that happened before anyone got their PMs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

you know what

this is entirely pointless

i will never vote GG because he posted his role PM

that's a game-breaking post

can i request a modkill on gg?

Yeah, i kind of feel like he's modconfirmed town now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote rurea Posts on this page alone are absolutely not the kind of posts a townie makes. They are the kind of posts a panicky scum would.

• Locked thread