Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
A breeze blows over the empty lands, which have lain (mostly) untouched for the last five years. The fragments of the objects and bodies that populated it in days long past have rotted away, and a layer of dust has covered the gallows. Whatever caused the events back then has not been seen since.

But, then.

In an instant, 15... things appear. It's as if they've always been here; the land is suddenly specked with artifacts of where they've been and what they're doing now. It's strangely familiar, but as inexplicable as it was so long before. All that's known is that the promise of this new world and dominion over it is (and will always be) what leads to... Conflict.

Hello! This is a CYOR Mafia game in the vein of the ones I used to do way back when (click the links above if you have archives!). The rules are simple:

- Come up with a role name/concept and PM it to me after you've signed up and I've added you to the player list below. Ones in the past have included "Spike Seigel's Gun" "A Room Full Of Priceless Antique Harps" and "Jesus Christ, Superstar" if you're looking for inspiration. Anything goes, just don't be terrible (I might ask you for a different role idea at my discretion) + I'd prefer if you don't pick another mafia player as your role, just for my sake. (It's been done)

- Wait for me to write up what you're actually getting as a role. alignment will be RNG'd between scum and town (potentially a third party but no guarantees) and will have nothing to do with your role concept. Some people might get simple powers, some people might get wacky roles, some people might get post restrictions, some people might get daily goals, and some people might just be vanilla. All players are encouraged to post and have fun with their role - the game's as much fun as you make it!

- Standard mafia rules apply:
-- The GOOD GUYS win when there are no threats to them left in the game!
-- The BAD GUYS win when they have unassailable control over the game!
-- if there are OTHER GUYS, they win as stated in their role PM!

- Days will be about 3 days long (dropping to 2 if that's too long) and nights will attempt to be as short as possible. This might vary depending on activity.

- Voting is done by posting ##vote <playername>. Any actions posted in thread are done by ##action; if you see one of these please stop posting until things are resolved. (please toss me a message or ping me on Steam at the link below so I can respond promptly)

- All players are encouraged to add me on steam as a quick way to shoot me a message about the game and/or alert me about potential actions happening in thread. Will deny all Dota invites.

Taking 13 people plus replacements. May bump it up to 15 if there's lots of interest. (edit: there was!) Please only sign up if you're interested in actually playing and posting! Old guard returning players are encouraged, but new players are also welcomed!

Milestones:

Day 1 (Rolling) Start
Day 2 Start
Day 3 Start
Day 4 Start
Day 5 Start

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Living Player List:
  1. Byers2142
  2. Ernie.
  3. Ghostly Gangsta
  4. Little Mac
  5. Max
  6. Opopanax
  7. Poison Mushroom
  8. Shark Mafia

Dead Players:

Replacements:

- fits
- GulagDolls

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 27, 2015

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Adding to the OP:

- All players are encouraged to add me on steam as a quick way to shoot me a message about the game and/or alert me about potential actions happening in thread. Will deny all Dota invites.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You're all in so far + I've bumped the player limit to 15 since there's so much interest. Thank you everyone who's submitted a role so far, they're all lovely and exactly what I've wanted. Especially yours.

If you haven't figured out what role you want, there's still time! Don't stress about the powers, you're just submitting the role idea and I'm coming up with your powers.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

HiipFire posted:

sure im in

Active participation is required, are you up to it? I've been told you have a tendency to lurk.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
No problem!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pinterest Mom posted:

I've been in two games with Hiip recently and he's doing good and he's high in the top posters list for both :3:

(not a signup)

If you want to sign up I have one more spot :v:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Done!

-*-*-*- Regular Signups are Closed! -*-*-*-

Anyone after this who has interest will be put on the replacements list. Anyone in the OP without a <role submitted> by your name should submit a role!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Feel free to talk a bit and make non-specific comments on how your role idea is so totally better than everyone else's. If you have archives, I'd recommend clicking the links in the OP to see my old games, too. There's musical numbers!

I'd love to start this today, so as soon as I can get all your role ideas the better btw.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Poque posted:

angelina jolie and steven tyler making out?

Please don't roleclaim before the game starts

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

Feel free to talk a bit and make non-specific comments on how your role idea is so totally better than everyone else's. If you have archives, I'd recommend clicking the links in the OP to see my old games, too. There's musical numbers!

I'd love to start this today, so as soon as I can get all your role ideas the better btw.

Still waiting for these roles:

- Poison Mushroom
- GulagDolls
- Shark Mafia
- HiipFire

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It is currently 5 PM. If you're still interested in playing as a replacement post below; if I don't get a role idea from any of the four above players by 6PM you'll sub in for them and they'll be on the replacement list instead.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

yuming posted:

Ill be a replacement!

Added to the list!

Sharkmafia and Hiipfire have responded, but I've asked both for better role ideas. Still waiting on Gulag and PMush.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

fits posted:

Replacement :sun:

done! (come home from work quicker next time dude)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Confirming that Hiipfire has sent me a role! Not confirming how good it is, though.

Since Shark replied I'm giving him more time; if Gulag or PMush don't reply in the next 20 minutes I'm subbing yuming and fits in for them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ernie. posted:

gulag and pmush are cool people, give them a bit more time? :O

yuming and fits are also cool people and i promised the latter a spot in the next game i made (rip)

i could bump it up to 17? i'm fine with that, though it might be a bit unwieldy. it does let me make some more room for sillier things though!

edit: not doing that

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 20, 2015

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nope

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 20, 2015

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

EccoRaven posted:

I can't handle a 17 player game atm, sorry; I got my own game to run (eventually) and my life is pretty chaotic generally. 15 is pushing it honestly but more is merrier so.

yeah I had second thoughts myself, 15's going to be the limit

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The next two of PMush, Gulag, yuming, and fits to send me role ideas will make it in. I'm currently working on brainstorming actions and silliness in the meantime and completely expect to have to rewrite things once they send me things.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rurea posted:

I'm sweaty with anticipation

Open a window

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
PMs sent to all four. The great race begins!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Shark is and has been on the list. I'm still waiting on PMush/Gulag/yuming/fits to send me anything.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah if I still have no response from anyone by 8pm I'll just run with who we've got

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yuming has joined!

One spot left~

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Poison Mushroom posted:

poo poo, my internet went out for several hours, so I missed submitting a role. :saddowns:

No, you're still here!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I officially have all the roles!!

I'm gonna grab dinner and rejigger the setup, role PMs will go out soon and thread will be open by 9PM! Get hype :toot:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
After a bit of confusion of who was becoming corporeal and who was staying incorporeal, the 15 items on the empty lands finally settled down enough to get down to business: figuring out who was going to die.

DAY ONE HAS BEGUN!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
A voice rings across the plains.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
A short, balding man materializes in the middle of the plains.

Well first of all, let me say this: there are fifteen players in this game. FIFTEEN. That's a pretty large sample size and you wouldn't think the cream would rise to the top so easily but THERE IT IS. One man is greater than all others and in this game, in the center of THIS VERY GAME, MY CLIENT will power through ALL the scum of this game of mafia! Come hell or high water, come time for the end of Day 2, you will believe that the streak of scum victories will REST. IN. PEACE.

With that, he is gone as quickly as he came.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
TOOT TOOT TOOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggOVNYFlP7Q

BRAT TAT TAT TAA

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
[[ I'm listening to Rolling Start and watching Ernie's av and I recommend it highly. Also I'm going to finally actually get dinner so silliness might take a couple minutes to work through ]]

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
[[ I support ecco's current av. Also, silliness may continue now, if there is any further silliness to be had. ]]

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
An image flashes before your eyes:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the wind whispers

this is a true story

when i was in school, i went to a a special smart kids school one day a week. there, all the kids from the schools in the district would be gathered and given more advanced education, more rounded and interesting. it didn't work, but that's not important to the story.

one kid in the class (who's name i can't remember) was into magic: the gathering, back when it was first really taking off and you had things like $30 cards. one day for show and tell, he brought in his whole collection. literally hundreds of dollars of cards, and as all smart kids do he demonstrated he had no common sense and left that collection in the coat room. so my friend denny ray and i stole the cards. i was lookout while denny grabbed the cards, but there were boxes of them and we couldn't take them with us. the kid was going to notice they were missing and make a fuss, we knew that. so denny ray took the cards, unscrewed a vent from the wall, and stashed them inside. the plan was to move them the next week, then sell them and split 50-50.

but when the kid found the cards missing, he broke down. sobbing, utterly devastated, and he knew denny ray and i had stolen them but he couldn't prove it. and we stuck to our story, so they couldn't touch us. but on the bus ride home, all i could see was that kid's loving face, bawling. and i realized that we hadn't done it for the money, but because we were cruel kids and we wanted to pick on the biggest geek in a school of geeks. so that night i told my mother what i'd done, and told her i was ashamed. so together we called in an anonymous tip, that the cards were in the vent.

the next week, they gave him back his cards, and said they'd "found" them hidden in a vent. denny was pissed that the janitors apparently had cleaned the vents out that week, and i acted like i was as well, but secretly i was happy that he had his cards back.

this is a true story

the wind dies down

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

No.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
[[ Please toss me a message on steam if an action happens so I can respond to it ASAP, I'll usually be around ]]

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rurea posted:

Get sleazy!

##shoot Ecco

Rurea whips out a gun and fires it randomly into the crowd, hitting Ecco.

A few moments pass, the smoke settles, the noise fades away.

You realize, shortly, that Ecco is unharmed.

Day 1 continues.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
[[

]]

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
[[ i opened the thread up to a bunch of this and y'all scared me

]]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

King Burgundy ["Battlestar Galactica," GOOD GUY] has been run over.

Day 1 continues.

• Locked thread