Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'll play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

HiipFire posted:

I've been working on it recently, people who have played Secret Invasion can vouch for me I think

Vouch. Aside from the highest volume posters, Hiipfire was among the most active.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I picked the one thing in the world noisier than me as my role!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poque posted:

angelina jolie and steven tyler making out?

I picked one of the two things in the world noisier than me as my role!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poque posted:

giada de laurentiis eating an orca whale whole?

Guillermo Del Toro falling down a staircase littered with Wes Anderson's favorite childhood toys.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poque posted:

I bet he would scream "OHHH, all of my bones" in the process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhay0VKmtPA

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

gulag and pmush are cool people, give them a bit more time? :O

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i volunteer to play two roles!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

IT IS I!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

##vote ernie broke rolling start

i can see, now

you're stuck in a funk,

that's why you've come after me with this bunk,

but i don't care if you're poisonous or have a trunk,

you're going to have to do a lot better than this junk!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

Apparently, not you. I'll elaborate when the time is right.

It's not me, either, if that helps.

The way that I know that it isn't me is because I assume that I would know if it is!

You're welcome.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

Fun story I played beer pong on halloween against a whole army of the most bro-y looking guys Chicago could offer and I beat every single one of them and did the crotch-chop just like this each time (only this was before it was a thing, so step off becky)

I used to play beer pong with actual ping pong paddles ... in actual ping pong games. I had such a culture shock when I moved here and then realized that people actually use their hands and play table basketball and call it beer pong.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

How does that even work??

Same way you play normal ping pong but you have to defend the cups. You can lose a game without having to drink!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

I love ping pong. I wish they had ping pong halls in the same way there exist pool halls.

Come to Ottawa! >:]

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

They're called rec centers.

I think KB wants an actual bar-like thing where you can go for pickup games or book a table with friends etc. This is a thing Ottawa/Canada are good at.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote eccoraven

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

to be fair this is why i'm voting ecco

she's too pushy on something that seems very innocuous and not at all something she's incapable of believing is townie trolling

if she were only voting rurea without trying to actively to rush everyone else i'd think it was okay

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

He then scumclaimed but quickly retracted it.

what

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##unvote

i can never vote anyone channelling their inner krell

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

That is an amazing role if true.

If we lynch Rurea before then, do we break time?

##vote rurea

haha this would be amazing

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

gently caress it. This is the right vote because of that shot. This is the right vote for science.

##vote Rurea

rurea was okay with someone dying in jokephase for a joke

same thing

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Ecco, Ernie and I are two of the few people that will, as town, work with a 3P. We've talked about this before, he and I. If you tell us truthfully right now you are 3P, we will not policy lynch you. You have my word.

I dunno, man, if Ecco is channeling her inner Krell, I might channel my inner merk! This funky brass music does weird things to a man's heart!

ecco isn't a 3p, it's an extension of her joke

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Shark Mafia posted:

Hey who wants to join my gang

We'll hang out and hunt scum and fake-punch nerds that get too close, it'll be great

will we get to school some fish?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Apparently I don't get jokes, but whatever. Let's break the space-time continuum!

Ecco, if you turn out to be 3P later I'll assume you didn't claim because you were working against town, FYI.

to be honest with you, byers, i wouldn't work with ecco as a 3p

this has nothing to do with vendettas or angst or any such silliness, but ecco is always in control of her game and her mood. someone like that is eternally untrustworthy to me when claiming to be playing against me. no matter how i react i'd be playing into her game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

today i am a changed man

a pun i made saved my life

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

Hey Shark Mafia why did you do that?

don't answer this, questions are lethal!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

well he sure was gang tagged, eh fellas?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

the longer rurea remains un-cuddled the more i grow suspicious that the scum team is made up of a bunch of doctors

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

the longer rurea remains un-cuddled the more i grow suspicious that the scum team is made up of a bunch of doctors

doctors, who?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

it's unlikely shark is mafia

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

LordVorbis posted:

Hi Yuming! :D So nice to see you again :D Yup, they are doing well, busy in their busy lives :P

I am SUPER suspicious of Shark. ##Vote Shark Mafia

I've just had a "I've not played mafia in ages" brainwave. What if Rurea and Ecco are scum, Rurea knew the kill wouldn't kill Ecco and so used my semi-serious vig request as a great excuse to put those two at odds? Am I insane? I can't tell. I know if I had a day vig A: I'd use it ASAP but B: I'd totally use it on someone I'd want to kill not be directed.

Suspicion levels on Rurea are rising.

SCUMMY POST

keeps everyone in suspicion in suspicion and doesn't give his own opinions actually

##vote lordvorbis

yuming posted:

I don't understand, what do you mean Ernie?

it's a doctor who joke

anyone who doesn't want to break the time continuum must be a doctor

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Except for when he straight up does and votes Shark?

shark is also under suspicion

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

So? You can't be suspicious of someone who isn't already under suspicion?

you can, but i'm saying that particular post was motivated by pretending to add to the conversation, while not changing topics or easing up on any of the people seen as scummy. note that he doesn't say why any of them might be town.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Because...?

because they're arguing from a position of weakness against everyone not on their side

they're actively convincing everyone of their position, instead of arguing everyone else down from suspicion

the reason scum don't overdo the first is because when they flip it's easy to see who isn't on their team based on how they tried to overcome that person's logic. the second one is ambiguous because it could be bussing! that's my reasoning.

:D

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Just to make sure I understand, you're saying it was so bad and the defense has been so devoid of logic that they have to be scum?

i'm saying mixing it up is what scum tend to do because their role mechanics necessitate it! the shotgun method of convincing any and everyone is something scum instinctually avoid.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Because he's responding to everyone, he's not scum?

you're still missing the details of the argument byers

when you're scum, why don't you instinctively answer any suspicion against you with the words 'yes, i understand your viewpoint, but you absolutely positively must unvote me'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Maybe I'm missing it because that's what I do as scum when I can't out-logic a case.

your posting restriction isn't helping :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

I don't have a posting restriction?

then why are you so antagonistic?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Shark killed the person who answered his query, that's not a shot targeting KB for his play.

shark's personal take on the matter is:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707593&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post443019603

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

am i the only one who sees byers posting completely differently from his normal self?

• Locked thread