Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I'll play. I have only been in a handful of games before, but I have some time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I am not understanding these cards, but it seems to be an inner circle mafia thing.

Can you cast "Summon more Ramones"?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I need to come back every now and then to remind myself that I'm bad at Mafia.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
-2 Many Ramones

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Confirming I got my role PM. Now to read the 38 posts that I missed after two days of nothing.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

chaoslord posted:

What if they are only displaying 5 posts per page? :colbert:

Posts per page? I am on 5 pages per post. My screen resolution is horrible.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Bring me olives, Poque.

To me, day 1 has always been useless joking and empty posts so people can raise their post count to avoid suspicion. That being said, I don't play this often. Have there been any games with good day 1 discussions not borne from a stupid scum mistake?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Poque posted:

I don't follow

I think Somberbrero means that you can't ignore early posts, even if it is page 4.

I've been going through the posts thus far. No one jumps out at me. I am fairly sure that Henry Rollins is not one of the Ramones, however.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Five posted:

I would like your opinion on MC Eating Disorder and Rarity.

Hey there.

Rarity seems to me to not be scummy enough to vote right now. It seems that people are jumping on a pretty weak case and she is wondering where it came from. How she reacts to it when she next posts will tell more.

As for MC Eating Disorder, I'm reading town. I can relate to nervousness of posting in SA Mafia games. I don't play in them often because, quite honestly, it usually stresses me out.

I would like to see what Hal or Orvin has to say about today as they've been relatively quiet.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I will be home in an hour and a half to post my summations. It has been a busy day.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Alright, reading these past couple pages I've come to the conclusion that we don't have good reads on anyone, but we have some people who will passionately and verbosely attack any case that anyone brings forth.

At this point, I'm comfortable voting Rarity in the next hour if we need a lynch. I said I was going to watch how she reacted to her accusers and I haven't seen anything to exonerate her.

I know it's probably too late to bring it up, but The Science of Suck and Hal Incandenza have been almost total non-entities this game. I imagine that if they were just being lurker scum, they'd be quite happy with the events of today.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
yeah, ok.

##vote Rarity

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi hal are you a scum?

Yes he is. But not enough of one to vote today.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Nope.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

CapitalistPig posted:

Give 10 reasons in list format on why you are not scum.

please by midnight est.

tyvm

1) My PM says so.
2) See reason 1.
3) Repeat as needed.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Met posted:

Yeah, not into this. A scum wouldn't be a jerk to their teammates by intentionally getting voted out. If it's a gambit, it's something I'll deal with another game day.

What's worse is Comma and MMM throwing votes on Rarity after that.

##vote MC Eating Disorder

It's the fact that that was a passive aggressive play. If she's really overburdened, then she's not use to town as she's just going to keep suspicion on her and won't be able to contribute.

If she's scum, it's a way to throw people off the trail. If she's town, she's showing that she doesn't care about this game.

That's why I threw down the vote.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Hi there.

That's a fair read and yeah, there was a leap there that I didn't explain. My fault for not posting much between those two posts.

Yesterday didn't have cases that I liked. The posts of MCED really made me feel as though he was town and I wasn't going to vote him out.

At the time, there were two main options to vote, MCED and Rarity. I said before that she didn't seem scummy enough to vote at the time. I was waiting to see how she reacted to it. One way was to answer her accusers questions and concerns. Another was to put out a better case on someone else. I was waiting for something like that and I hadn't seen anything that I liked.

Later, she responded to the pressure with a passive aggressive "Feel free to vote me out" and as I said yesterday that is not a move that is pro-town. It sucks that she flipped town, but I stand by my vote.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Somberbrero posted:

So, Comma for resigned scum?

I'm not scum. I'm a third party survivor. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to allay suspicion on me, but I can't make a case on anyone. I think the real scum team is trying to get by on doing as little content as possible.

So there it is, I'm claiming because I can't see another way. I was given a cover story, but I'm not using it because I don't like lying in these games.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
It is an easy place to hide and I'm willing to be voted out today if you guys feel its best. I'm on my own team. Me being voted out doesn't harm anyone's game but mine, and possibly the town's game as it takes up a day and leaves the night for the scum/serial killer kills. If I'm unable to find scum today and get voted out, I'm just going to play the game my way. This is a game where the good guys tell the truth and the bad guys lie. I'm going to tell the truth and if I'm voted out, I'm going to be voted out with a clear conscience.

Also, if I was given a cover, it's probable that the Serial Killer has one too.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Opopanax posted:

We had a second, unclaimed kill last night, and we started with 17 players. I find it very hard to believe we have a Survivor and an SK ##vote comma

Why do you find it hard to believe that?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Poque posted:

It's weird given a cop flip since it's usually a claim that helps a scum avoid a not-town result. It's not weird in that it explains away weird behavior with a role that could be spun as townie. the case was there before the survivor claim, what do you think of that?

This is an odd phrase.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Poque posted:

I'm coming around to the idea but still think that a) survivor's an easy place to hide and b) a survivor would be trying to survive given his entire game is over if he dies.

just setup talk but a survivor in a 17 player game is a rough spot.

The funny thing is that in my PM Allen apologizes for me being a survivor.

I am going to look into specifically Hal and Opop. Something is not right about their play.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It's down to thread flow at this point. EXAKT is a juicier target as a potential scum but I'm more sure of comma's alignment.

EXAKT might say things that will change my opinion of them but I don't really care about what comma is saying at this point.

Purple monkey dishwasher.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Yeah, the most pro town vote is to vote for me. There are no better cases yet, and hopefully Allen's post will bring out the lurker scum so they can't hide right now.

If the night vig thing is true, you should only lose one town today.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Heh, well you had me completely fooled. I couldn't figure anything out, so I just said I was a survivor and just checked out. Well played, scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Antivehicular posted:

Technically he's just in the van. Probably the robots didn't even lock it.

CHEETAH CHROME WILL RETURN IN...
ANOTHER GAME WHERE HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON, PROBABLY

Hey, I was the only one who got unique art!

• Locked thread