Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Five
Jan 6, 2009

I think I can do two games. Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Five
Jan 6, 2009

I am here and also I am a Robomone.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

Guys, I have a confession.

I have no idea who the Ramones are.

They are a band - The lead singer is made of hair.

I suspect all of the Robomones were made of hair too.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Why not sounds like fun ##vote Opop

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Poque posted:

i'm liking these Ramones songs. I can really get behind the music even though vocally it sounds like they all have mouths full of marshmallows.

don't turbo opop don't be dumb

I dont trust your avatar one bit.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Actually impossible.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Also I'd like to hear some thoughts in general on Five and Chaos Lord from everyone, even if its just "no read" thanks guys :)

I think I'm town, obviously.

Also I just got back from work. Can someone please give me a quick refresher, thanks in advance?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

cute, but what about chaos lord? Nobody else reads anything from their last couple of posts at all?

Minor Towny. Ain't seeing whatever it is you're seeing, sorry.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

I thought you guys rated my scum game as better than that :(

This is Rarity's scummiest post.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Oh, there is never any reason to say "Scum lynch is bad for town" but its just a lovely metapost as there is in every game of Mafia I've been in to my knowledge so whatever.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Epsilon Plus, tell me about Rarity.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Do you think its worth throwing a vote down over it though?

If I did, I would have done it.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

CommaToes posted:

Bring me olives, Poque.

To me, day 1 has always been useless joking and empty posts so people can raise their post count to avoid suspicion. That being said, I don't play this often. Have there been any games with good day 1 discussions not borne from a stupid scum mistake?

I would like your opinion on MC Eating Disorder and Rarity.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Five even though you're not willing to vote on Rarity yet (and I get that since its evident they're not posting in the thread atm) what do you think about me and Rarity being scum team if we decide to lynch them and they flip scum?

I think this is a really weird question? That's not really an answer but its how I feel about it at the moment.

Also as to the other question ("I just think Five is spending a lot of time asking other people their opinions instead of posting theirs") The game suddenly turned from jokepost to seriouspost while I was at work way more concerned about lynch time in my other game so I am sussing things out in my own way, thank you very much.

Pretend Rarity isn't scum - Who is?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Regardless of whether you want to defend Rarity, that's definitely what you're doing if you are telling us to move votes onto Five and 'one of the numerous people yet to contribute' (lurkers).

I'm not interested in killing five day one, he's been away for ages. The last game I remember him in was Slenderman mafia.

Oh man I don't even remember that at all.

To be honest I wouldn't kick and scream being lynched Day 1, as long as I can get some people posting their opinions and stuff before they do it. One of the things I Have Learned over the intervening years (?) is that I shouldn't take things personally, especially from insane people on the internet.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Rarity

I'm moving so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post the next few RL days, I'm putting this down for now.

Hey if you get a chance here could you say exaktly why you're throwing down this vote? Actually you deserve this more than Opopopoponax right now. ##vote EXAKT Science

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

There's not much on Rarity tbh but while I'm here:

reads like you have decided Rarity is scum based on a scant handful of posts, want us to go through with some kind of Gedankenexperiment where Rarity is Scum, overly concerned with game status, and you seem to be pushing really hard to be leading town. Why is that, I wonder. Why would someone... push to lunch town... on spurious grounds... hmmm

##vote Five

If I thought Rarity was scum I would be joining the bandwagon train against them - I was asking MCed to drop that from his thinking if it was there. If anything I wanted people to run a thought experiment where Rarity was town.

Happy to help

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

Ok I was asked for reads on Opop and MC so here goes.

Oh hey, Opop didn't take long. 6 whole posts! Wowza! This is the only thing that leaps out to me as scummy. Not because he's accusing me, cause he just calls it a scum post without giving a reason for his read. It's easy for scum to just accuse people, it's a lot harder for them to fake justifications. Ok, onto MC.

Well I find it really weird that you asked for a read on you with your first serious post. What were you expecting me to say? Luckily, I went to bed so you've given me loads of content now!

My first thought is that I believe you've played mafia outside SA, cause for someone in their 4th game you play with a lot more confidence than I would expect. Look at the lovely ANarc for example, she's been in more games but she's still not really self-assured in her play. Hang on, I'm gonna go check out your other 3 games.

Ok, I'm back! Even in your first Auspol game, you play with a familiarity to the game that just isn't how newbies play. You were scum in Periphary and played the "i'm a newbie" card whenever you came under suspicion. This whole "picking it up" thing is bullshit, so there's that.

This reads like backpeddling upon realising Comma hasn't really done enough to justify a strong town read. Also, you're throwing out a lot of questions. A LOT of questions.

##vote MC

Thanks for drawing my attention your way :v:

Although to be fair I don't like this post at all. Why do you think asking questions is bad?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

Five, seeing as you're around what do you think of my case on MC?

insomnia is fun!

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

Asking questions is a good way for scum to fake contribution. Yeah, it's certainly something that town should be doing but only up to a point.

Considering that half the people in the game are complaining that they haven't been able to get any reads at all and are complaining about this being "One of those games" I have to say that I don't think I could agree with you less on this.

I think your post on MC is awful - Its the new winner in the scummiest post you've made in this thread contest. Opop's vote on you actually seems justified and yet it's 'scummy' and you go out of your way to say you say that not because hes voting you. Then you redirect on MCed where I think the bulk of your case seems to be "You seem awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwfully good at this game for such a newbie.... vote".

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

Yeah that is the bulk of my case, I think it's a legit spot and it looks like MMM's spotted it as well from his earlier comment. Were you this confident in your 4th game?

My fourth game was years ago so I honestly do not remember.

##vote Rarity

For the reasons outlined above and because of continuing to try to follow the prophecy of your avatar.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Five is also scum. Mced is probably town.
Opop's back, baby

Please explain

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Oddly enough this makes me feel better about Exakt.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Or if you want to learn if someone else has ideas beforehand

Five
Jan 6, 2009

I'm not even sure what you mean by that

Five
Jan 6, 2009

I have 20 minutes until I have to get back to a stupidly busy day at work. I will try to follow along as I can and will be able to check in at least once before deadline. Has anybody posted any really compelling reason to change my vote?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hey guys I am going to be more active in this game now. I really thought mced was scummy so I'm pretty surprised he flipped town.

I'll have to go through the thread again and see what I can read. Note: I'm terrible at being able to detect scum.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Scummiest bit of waffling I have seen in a post. Oh gorsh I'm surprised he flipped scum. Boy am I terrible at scumhunting 😉

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Anonymous Narcotics, pop out of the woodwork and give me your thoughts on this Commatoes vote train.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I agree that is weird and scummy but I want to see the actual content. Don't you?

What do you mean by this exactly?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Anonymous Narcotics, you said you would post more, so post more. Tell me your thoughts, Anonymous Narcotics. Show me your thinking. Where are you, AN?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Because I am putting pressure on him until he gets that case out.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

She, for what it's worth.

Sure, I guess that's fair. It just looks less like you're legitimately scumhunting and more like you're trying to force content.

These two things are closely related.

AN has coasted through the game with no attention on her whatsoever, makes one post that is probably the scummiest thing I have seen so far, and then dissapears. Until I see a change in direction I am going to pick away at that.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

He's put in no effort today but I generally thought he came off townie Day 1.

Orvin, tell me what you think about Comma.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I was asking because he didn't do much until right before the deadline and there wasn't a ton of original thought in those posts.

I dunno, it strikes me as strange that you're casing Narco for lurking.

Im casing AN for lurking AND for making a post that set off every trigger in my scumdar.

Orvin hasn't drawn that attention.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Poque met exact scum team

##vote Met

Why

Five
Jan 6, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Poque met exact scum team

##vote Met

Why
##vote CapitalistPig

Five
Jan 6, 2009

To elaborate on mine - I just looked over FV and CapitalistPig's post histories. FV managed to do a good job of going through day 1 until he was replaced not making any serious contentions or throwing down a vote. Capitalist Pig comes in at the end of the day, ends up throwing down a vote on Rarity with no explanation, and then he comes in here today with that piece of nonsense?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

I would be willing to switch to Comma to prevent a no-lynch but I would like people to take a look at Capitalist Pig and AN.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

FV took over the modding for Taste's 100 player game, I think that's an important context to her play.

Sure, but Capig took over from her so look at him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Five
Jan 6, 2009

If I have, I don't remember it.

• Locked thread