Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Cool Hang Out Mafia has ended in Moderator Defeat

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

When Allen attempts to open a game, open two games as a free action

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

HiipFire posted:

LAST GAME AS IN IM NOT JOINING ANOTHER ONE UNTIL I FINISH ALL OF THEM

IM NOT QUITTING IM JUST BAD ENGLISH OKAY

Hiip they're just trying to get you to overextend yourself

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

don't do it until we have enough ramones though

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've never heard of the Ramones before, are they good?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CommaToes posted:

Confirming I got my role PM. Now to read the 38 posts that I missed after two days of nothing.

Wow, 1 page

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Orvin posted:

There is a turbo lunch option so popular, the candidate is self voting? Is something wrong with Opop's software?

No he's just being a goof.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poque what's wrong?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poque posted:

Jeffrey it's me, your friend, the Dean!

i just found out that dee dee ramone isn't actually a girl

No but I mean, serious post here. Why were you concerned about an opop turbo?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poque posted:

Because it's dumb. With 17 in a game we could actually get enough d1 chat to make a better decision than just a turbo.

Obviously. We could get enough d1 chat with any number of players. Opop was at -6 and one of the votes he had was a self vote. There was no real risk there at all.

On another level, don't you love turbos?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CommaToes posted:

Bring me olives, Poque.

To me, day 1 has always been useless joking and empty posts so people can raise their post count to avoid suspicion. That being said, I don't play this often. Have there been any games with good day 1 discussions not borne from a stupid scum mistake?

Yes, generally the camp is sort of split but for the people who actually talk on d1, there's a lot to get out.

I've always said that the biggest benefit to talking a lot in D1 is that it gives a stronger base to d2 discussions.

Also, almost all reads come from scum mistakes, that's the nature of the game. You aren't going to spot scum mistakes if you don't give them a chance to make them though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Here's my contribution to the D1 conversation. I am a robot. Let's find those fleshy beings and destroy them before they figure out how to short circuit us!

Do you think Poque is being genuine here?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somber, do you see what I see in Poque?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Noticed here that it's weird you don't try to interpret MCED on your own at all. Why ask what I'm thinking without talking about what you're thinking?

I don't think it's that weird. When I'm asking somebody a question in a game I try to have my opinion influence them as little as possible.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

He's posted once since.

I don't think that's a credible line anyway though. Asking questions is all about gaining info from somebody else and not tooting about your own reads.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

What's the purpose of the discussion you and I are having right now?

:shrug:
I think largely I'm just so hopped up on being in a mafia game after such a long break I'm just very excitable.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It occurs to me that I didn't really follow up on my Poque thoughts though.

Poque wasn't being genuine with his "don't turbo opop" thing. His early post about it and him admitting he didn't even know how many votes were on opop shows me he was more concerned with how he looked than what he was doing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

You're gung-ho to defend Chaos Lord before he can even defend himself, but I'm not attacking him. I was more interested in the tone of the response than the content.

It's because I disagreed with where you seemed to be going with that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Seeing his response is less than thrilling though. I don't like when players beg for forgiveness at slight pressure.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Seeing his response is less than thrilling though. I don't like when players beg for forgiveness at slight pressure.

I know he didn't actually apologize I just mean I don't like when players take their tone into "oh yeah you're very reasonable and correct, let me explain this misunderstanding" territory

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Going to work, I'll respond to POQUE'S points when I'm back

E: idk why my phone autocorrects Poque to all caps

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poque posted:

that's some crap! I didn't "admit" anything, that's manipulative language to obscure what actually happened.

1. I see a bunch of votes for opop and calls for a turbo.
2. I say "don't turbo opop"
3. You wonder why I responded the way I did.
4. I say it's because a turbo is a bad decision.
5. You say there wasn't risk.
6. I say I wasn't aware of whether or not there was risk.

why am I not allowed to chime and point out that a turbo would be dumb whether there's risk or not? Me not knowing the number of votes isn't "admitting" anything.

The use of admit is not any different that the tone of this post being "Oh I was just chiming in" It's the pov on the events.

Anyway the problem wasn't you saying that we shouldn't turbo somebody, that's common sense. The problem was that I thought you were doing it for yourself and you were strangely serious about it considering how jokey it was. On a meta level, you're not usually strangely serious, so I was wondering what made you get so real in this game.

Clearly nobody else is seeing this the way I am though so I'll give it a reread.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Five posted:

I think I'm town, obviously.

Also I just got back from work. Can someone please give me a quick refresher, thanks in advance?

The thread's not that long and it's not miving that fast. Take your time and read it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Also I'd like to hear some thoughts in general on Five and Chaos Lord from everyone, even if its just "no read" thanks guys :)

No strong read on either but I dislike chaoslord's response to somber's pressure.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I don't really think executing scum can be bad but I don't think the scum's big move this game is lining up and saying "maybe it's good to execute town"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm not decided on Rarity. I have no problem with her only having town reads, but her self consciousness about it is weird to me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MC Eating Disorder posted:

is substantially scummier than their first serious post

I know you're not talking to me here, but why do you think her earlier posting is scummier?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I really don't like the immediate meta defense. If I were town I would attempt to engage that vote on its own terms rather than saying I am too good to be caught this early.

Hey we agree on something!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MCED, are you new? I haven't seen you around before but you seem to have some background knowledge.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somber how did MCED get tied to Rarity and why are they scum again? I don't think I really understand this push.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Honestly, I'm throwing it down for pretty much the same reasons as Opop. I think the same posts he did are scummy. I know that's not really a satisfactory answer, so I'm sorry about that.

:what:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Honestly, I'm throwing it down for pretty much the same reasons as Opop. I think the same posts he did are scummy. I know that's not really a satisfactory answer, so I'm sorry about that.

Exakt all I ask is for you to make this post again but with different words

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Like just say what you were trying to say, but differently

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I have never seen a game with more "hey X, what do you think of Y?"

This not a complaint or anything, it's cool to get reads out in the open.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Exakt just rewrite that one post please

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:eng99: All I wanted was to know what you were trying to say.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Was the "he" in that post supposed to be "she"?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

The one talking about how Hiipfire should try harder?

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm sorry if this all seems pedantic but I've been trying to parse the meaning of it and it seems like kind of a key post in understanding you perspective on this game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

AH! I see it now. Thank you for taking that time Exakt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think I'm in the same boat as MMM. Exact, in that quote where you say "he", it seems like you are talking about Rarity -- but Rarity is a she.

So, were you referring to Rarity and got the genders mixed up? Or were you referring to someone else?

Yeah I was trying to tell whether EXAKT was misgendering rarity or taking a sudden swerve into saying opop was scummy for it.

• Locked thread