Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

oatgan posted:

lol if you think the promoter didn't approve/suggest it to begin with

I'm sure he did and it makes me even sadder/madder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Spinal stroke as I was taught it doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I'm also just a person who is going into med school, not an actual doctor. Aneurysm induced stroke seems more likely from the video but again, what the gently caress do I know?

(Probably as much as a Tijuana doctor)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Vertical Lime posted:

Dave Meltzer @davemeltzerWON
Whole building in tears at Lucha Underground, they just did a Perro tribute. Raw really should as Perro's father was gigantic in LA.

Don't see a Raw mention coming, imo

They can play a tribute to Joan Rivers, but a wrestler's completely out of the question.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
Why the hell do I always watch the videos? Why

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

chris dickinson interrupted a ten bell salute for perro aguayo stating that disrespect is his middle name. that is not how you get heat you huge poo poo fucker

Who the gently caress is Chris Dickinson and where did this happen?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Dickenson incident didn't actually happen. False rumour.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
THE gently caress

Informador: VIDEO: REY MYSTERIO JR. es detenido por el asesinato del hijo del Perro Aguayo. http://www.lnformador.com/2015/03/video-rey-mysterio-jr-es-detenido-por.html

Better be fake.

rovert fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 22, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I know nothing about Mexican media, but that site looks tabloidy and hopefully it's fake....

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

I know nothing about Mexican media, but that site looks tabloidy and hopefully it's fake....

Probably the Mexican version of the Inquistor

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

rovert posted:

Looking at the youtube channel the video comes from, they also have a 'report' on Michael Jordan being dead.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Nobody expects the inquisitor!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

oatgan posted:

lol if you think the promoter didn't approve/suggest it to begin with

Nah oat a 10 bell salute is prime time to go into business for yourself. Controversy Creates Cash

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

the real victim in all this is TNA. they couldnt even draw a mention in the kicker of the articles ive read.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

TV Zombie posted:

Now I'm curious as to what causes spinal stroke because a lot of other people take that same move from Rey when they set up the 619.

Cervical vasculature can be pretty sensitive as the cervical spine is less sturdy/more prone to rapid acceleration/deceleration injury than lower segments. I've encountered a couple people in the past who had cervical artery dissections related to chiropractic adjustment, for example (don't let a chiropractor touch your neck), so any jarring blow is a risk. I'd wonder if it wasn't something like this but that's just my semi-informed guess. Why did it happen in this specific case? Maybe he took the bump harder or in a different manner than usual, maybe there was a weakness or defect in one of his arteries, or maybe he was just unlucky.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

cause of death can be a subjective thing. maybe he did have a heart attack, because he was on pills and alcohol, and then his throat got crushed from hitting the ropes and then his spine got broke from when he was shook off the ropes.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mulaney Power Move posted:

cause of death can be a subjective thing. maybe he did have a heart attack, because he was on pills and alcohol, and then his throat got crushed from hitting the ropes and then his spine got broke from when he was shook off the ropes.

That's uh... like Final Destination levels of cartoonish overkill

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Since I'm real late to the AAA party (only started watching in the past two years), does anyone have any match suggestions? What I saw of the guy was really great and going through youtube right now only brings up the video of his death (saw once, wish I hadn't).

From what I've seen though, nobody seems to be overstating just how awesome this guy was. It's all so loving tragic.

For those who didn't click the gfycat link, this is how you get real heel heat:

:unsmith:
Del Perro seemed really really cool.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
CNN has a big story up that 100% makes it sound like he died from Rey Mysterio brutally kicking him

I feel this is a good reminder that media reports on any sort of niche subject, science, anything a reporter doesn't have a lot of knowledge about are usually terrible and inaccurate

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Poor guy, Tijuana must be the next to last place on earth anyone would want severe spinal trauma treated. Just look at that wobbling MASH-quality stretcher they took him out on, simply awful.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Poor guy, Tijuana must be the next to last place on earth anyone would want severe spinal trauma treated. Just look at that wobbling MASH-quality stretcher they took him out on, simply awful.

Two people had been injured previously, including someone with a spinal injury who was already on the stretcher, so they had to use the plywood to move him as quickly as possible.

This is also why the doctors weren't immediately there, they were backstage treating the other injured people.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Between the lack of backup gear and feedback saying the floor had no mats, this precisely qualifies as a negligent level of safety precautions. It was the exact type of injury that demands a proper neck brace for transport and it was literally a matter of life and death.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
welcome to wrestling dude because that poo poo would be the same at any indie show anywhere in the world. the fact that they had a doctor on hand at all is a huge step up from most US indies.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

poo poo, NOAH had to ask over the PA if a doctor was in attendance the night Misawa died because they didn't have one on hand.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

SylvainMustach posted:

Since I'm real late to the AAA party (only started watching in the past two years), does anyone have any match suggestions? What I saw of the guy was really great and going through youtube right now only brings up the video of his death (saw once, wish I hadn't).

i posted a few things in the 'where do i start with [x]' thread

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
thanks spermgod. I'll check it out.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
The Leyenda de Plata (Spanish for "the Silver Legend") is an annual lucha libre tournament held by the Mexican professional wrestling promotion Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) since 1998. The tournament honors El Santo, Enmáscarado de Plata (the Silver mask) and has been held every year since 1998 except for 2003 when El Hijo del Santo (El Santo's son) did not work for CMLL.

Following his victory Perro Aguayo, Jr. broke the plaque with El Santo's mask on it, claiming that the Aguayo's were the greatest family in wrestling, refusing to accept a trophy with El Santo's name on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjZskpPrU-8

:unsmith: godspeed you glorious dickhead

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Marquis de Pyro posted:

CNN has a big story up that 100% makes it sound like he died from Rey Mysterio brutally kicking him

I feel this is a good reminder that media reports on any sort of niche subject, science, anything a reporter doesn't have a lot of knowledge about are usually terrible and inaccurate

Seems to be up on ESPN now as well.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Foxnews has the same one up except with typos. I dont think that whoever wrote these even watched the video.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/03/22/son-mexican-professional-wrestling-legend-dies-from-move-during-match/?intcmp=latestnews

quote:

Pedro Aguayo Ramirez, known as Hijo del Perro Aguayo, fell unconscious on the ring ropes after receiving a flying kick from wrestler Oscar Gutierrez, as known as Rey Mysterio Jr. according to video of the match that took place in Tijuana.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Boo hiss, Fox News.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Spermgod posted:

The Leyenda de Plata (Spanish for "the Silver Legend") is an annual lucha libre tournament held by the Mexican professional wrestling promotion Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) since 1998. The tournament honors El Santo, Enmáscarado de Plata (the Silver mask) and has been held every year since 1998 except for 2003 when El Hijo del Santo (El Santo's son) did not work for CMLL.

Following his victory Perro Aguayo, Jr. broke the plaque with El Santo's mask on it, claiming that the Aguayo's were the greatest family in wrestling, refusing to accept a trophy with El Santo's name on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjZskpPrU-8

:unsmith: godspeed you glorious dickhead

What a loving boss holy poo poo

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
17 year old Perrito in WWF in 1997:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k45qR68Rg4

crazy how polished he was with only 2 years experience even ignoring his age

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Seems to be up on ESPN now as well.

It's been on their frontpage since yesterday.

Rey being completely blamed is happening :(

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Couldn't somebody from ESPN Deportes who is actually on top of the story send an email up the line to cut that poo poo out?

Or just point them to Luchablog. The initial post has turned into sort of a slow-rolling live blog.

luchablog posted:

Updated (Sunday 12:30): The funeral wake was held earlier this morning. Perro Sr. was in attendance. Contrary to earlier reports, luchador Medico Asesino Jr. says he tried to contact Perro Sr. to tell him about Perro Jr.’s injury during the hour he was being treated in the hospital, looking for advice on what they should do, but saying he only got as far as Perro’s secretary.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 22, 2015

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Close enough

Triple H ‏@TripleH 7m7 minutes ago
RIP El Hijo del Perro Aguayo. My condolences go out to his family, friends and fans.

Stephanie McMahon ‏@StephMcMahon 2m2 minutes ago
#RIPElHijoDelPerroAguayo. Mi más sentido pésame a la familia Ramirez.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Vertical Lime posted:

Close enough

Triple H ‏@TripleH 7m7 minutes ago
RIP El Hijo del Perro Aguayo. My condolences go out to his family, friends and fans.

Stephanie McMahon ‏@StephMcMahon 2m2 minutes ago
#RIPElHijoDelPerroAguayo. Mi más sentido pésame a la familia Ramirez.

It took Stephanie approximately five minutes to figure out how to use Google Translate.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Needs More Ditka posted:

It took Stephanie approximately five minutes to figure out how to use Google Translate.

According to Ricardo's one shoot she knows how to speak Spanish as she butted in on one of his and Del Rio's conversations.

Also that Abismo vs Perro Jr match is sad seeing as both men are now dead.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

She probably speaks "Spanish class Spanish," like all white people.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

where was kevin sullivan during all this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Between the lack of backup gear and feedback saying the floor had no mats, this precisely qualifies as a negligent level of safety precautions. It was the exact type of injury that demands a proper neck brace for transport and it was literally a matter of life and death.

I'm not defending or accusing anyone here but consider that promotions like Chikara regularly hold live events without mats/crash pads and I'm pretty sure without any ambulances or medical staff on standby at all let alone two like at this show.

It's a really sad situation. Obviously it's not Rey's fault but it really puts all the seemingly low-risk stuff wrestlers do into perspective. Then you think of someone like Kurt Angle and holy poo poo how is this guy not dead?

Eleanor Pwnsevelt fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 23, 2015

• Locked thread