Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
It'd be easier to mentally process if it was like a big impact that he didn't get up from. But it looked like he just died after selling into the 619 position. What a bizarre and terrible thing. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Blast Fantasto posted:

I just don't understand how it went on that long. It seems like Manik notices something is up right away.

I mean I guess he could have just been unconscious, but Jesus, stop the match.
Not to compare my limited experience to a veteran, but I got knocked loopy in a tag team match once, and two of the guys in the match (my partner and the illegal opponent) didn't even realize it until we were talking afterwards. There was a couple of minutes I didn't remember, where I was basically out on my feet but still doing things like kicking out on instinct.

It's easy for me to look back at the video and see how out of it I was, and pinpoint exactly where it went wrong, but in the heat of a tag-team situation it's even harder than usual to communicate when someone's hurt and react accordingly.

In this tragic case there wasn't even an obvious fall or botch to clue people in, so among the four remaining guys in the ring it's hard to get a unilateral message of "stop the show now!" across.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 21, 2015

• Locked thread