Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

The big boss and his clones have met, recruited and fought some pretty weird enemies over the years. Anyone remember Fatman, who wore that 100 pound bomb suit while inline skating and setting explosives? Or how about The Pain, who raised killer bees inside of his body and fired bee bullets out of his mouth? Or maybe the enormous numbers of cyborg ninjas that have been in almost every single game? Don't even get me started in on the insane number of clones of Big Boss, each with their own personal brand of megalomania.

The militaries of the world are like constantly evolving ecosystems. Sometimes the bright boys and girls produce the next stealth bomber, the next fancy future gun with optional grenade launcher or yet another clone of the ultimate soldier.

Then there are the evolutionary dead ends. These are military boondoggles where money goes to die. Multi-billion dollar projects and all that the shadow government has to show for it are tens of thousands of gallons of coffee that are turned to piss and this weird guy who can throw knives really well and has mesmerism powers. If you're not that guy, then you're probably like him.

Under the shadowy guise of a secret organization your group of weirdos and cloned genome solder mooks can only be stopped by one man. The perfect soldier. A man who has taken on hundreds of people and lived. The master of stealth and CQC. Solid Snake.

God help you all. You poor bastards don't even stand a chance.

--

Welcome to a game of Slasher Flick. Slasher Flick is an RPG normally about teens getting murdered for having premarital sex, but I'm doing something a little different in that in this game, you're playing weirdo bad guys from a Kojima game. This is a game in which you play several characters both primary and minor and offer them up to be murdered in particularly stupid ways. This is a game which rewards you not to make intelligent decisions, but to play to the genre for genre points. Secondary character dies? Genre points. Gloat and exposition dump before a fight? Genre points. Confess that you're actually not Revolver Ocelot, but some even stranger psychic with eye laser powers and weirdo government ties that have little or nothing to do with the game? Genre points. Follow snake while he has a motorcycle gunfight through the military base instead of hanging back? Genre points. Break the fourth wall in an funny way? Genre points. Organization has collapsed and even though you're supposed to be a hardcore mercenary, you fight Snake to the death even though you won't get paid instead of negotiating or retreating like a rational, sane person? I will rain genre points on you from the loving sky. These points can then be turned around to give your other characters bonuses in game to help your characters not only survive, but maybe even win. On the flip side if you act severely out of character with the series I do reserve the right to subtract genre points

The odds are wildly in Snake's favor until the end where out of the total of maybe fifteen characters, only two or three will survive and have a fighting chance. You will sacrifice these people on the altar of the War Economy to Hideo Kojima in order to create points. The Metal Gear series has its own weird sort of genre in which hosed up super soldiers with weirdo powers are murdered by Solid Snake by the dozen and mooks by the hundreds, even though all he jumps in with is a box of cigars and eats long expired rations to seal up gunshot wounds.

I've played most of the regular Metal Gear Solid games one through four along with Rising, and I'm vaguely familiar with Peace Walker, so I have a handle on the genre. However I haven't played the PSP games nor the original ones for the Nintendo. I'm not perfect, but I will work with you.

--

Setting: 200X somewhere off the coast of Africa on a tiny little island. We're going full Militaires sans Frontieres scenario where someone has tried to make a nation dedicated to soldiers on a secluded tropical island off the coast of Africa. That's great in theory and normally they could be ignored if they were smart and did it quietly, but they just had to declare to the world that your weirdo organization has nukes and is ready to defend itself. Does any sane or rational person really want the guy who has bees living in his skin to have his finger on the trigger of a nuclear missile? Yeeeeah no. You got a handle on some nuclear weapons and a metal gear and want to create a soldier's paradise or some poo poo. Natives? Nah, no natives whatsoever. That would be silly. There are plenty of old Soviet ruins from the cold war though along with whatever insane construction that you people have managed to whip up in the few months before the six day long nuclear standoff. Nothing major, maybe just some enormous concrete bunkers.

The war economy really isn't going yet, but it's on the horizon. Go hog wild with cyber ninjas and nanomachines though, but remember that not everyone has to be a crazy super soldier. You can go with scientists, hackers, government officials, arms dealers, whatever. In true to form fashion if you help Snake out, I will give you extra genre points and then (probably) kill them with psychic powers, delayed action poison or a rocket that can turn 90 degrees on a dime.

Just so you're not waiting on Snake to show up and murder you like a mannequin frozen in time until he shows up, your people will actually be doing stuff. There will be things that you can accomplish that can aid you in the fight later on and can get some win conditions down. These will be things like setting up booby traps and ambushes, negotiating with foreign powers for legitimacy, actually getting the nuclear missiles to work as they've been rotting here since the seventies and maybe even getting that new Metal Gear to work. Why are the parts to make it functional stashed all over the island? I forget. Reasons. The truck probably broke down again.

--

I'll be recruiting five players each of which will have one primary character and one to two secondary characters depending on interest. If there is a lot of interest I'll maybe lower the amount of secondary characters that someone with a primary has that and accept one or two secondary characters for players who are okay with getting murdered (possibly) later on so more people have a chance to play in this weird, hosed up scenario. In this case I'll allow genre points to be gifted by one player to another in the case of running out of characters.

I expect to do a lot of writing at the outset, and if the workload gets too hard I'll just murder a few people faster than usual to make it easier on me.

As a side note, there is no way in hell I'll be sticking to cannon. Delving deep into Metal Gear cannon is insane, and in no way am I going to even attempt to create something like that. I'll try to hit the big themes though.

I fully expect this to be a train wreck from start to finish and I hope that you'll ride it with me.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
By any chance have you been listening to a certain recent RPPR Actual play episode? Anyways posting interest. Will get to work making my cannon fodder soon.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Twibbit posted:

By any chance have you been listening to a certain recent RPPR Actual play episode? Anyways posting interest. Will get to work making my cannon fodder soon.

That's actually where I got the idea. I'll admit I shamelessly stole it and after listening to it all I could think of was how it could be applied to a Kojima game.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Yeah okay you got me, I'll ride this gravy train to an explosive and bloody ending because I am a sucker for trying new games out and metal gear solid.

Where can I get the rules for this?

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
I am up for this.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

oh goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

never not apping to this

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

TheNabster posted:

Yeah okay you got me, I'll ride this gravy train to an explosive and bloody ending because I am a sucker for trying new games out and metal gear solid.

Where can I get the rules for this?

http://www.spectrum-games.com/slasher-flick.html have to buy but less than 6 dollars for the basic version.

since I noticed they no longer have a download link for the character sheet for some odd reason I made a picture of it from out of the book for people's use

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

IS there anything in the not basic version that would be particularly handy for this?

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHER! (I'm in)

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Yep yep yep yep

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

A man who is also a motortrike, this operative is out for revenge against the country and the government that saw only opportunity in the motortrike crash that nearly took his life. Fusing man and machine, they created the perfect motortrike-cyborg-soldier, code-name Motorhead. It turned out that the 'motortrike-' part of 'motortrike-cyborg-soldier' kinda dragged the whole thing down. When the performance test results came back poor, the funding dried up and he was left to fend for himself, rolling from mercenary band to mercenary band until he was finally recruited by Big Boss, who for some reason saw potential in the chromed freak. Given half a chance, he'll activate the nukes himself and blow his homeland to hell.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

TheNabster posted:

IS there anything in the not basic version that would be particularly handy for this?

I haven't read the basic version, so I can't say, sorry. The game is pretty rules light though. Once you allocate your stats (which is just a d10 for poor, a d8 for normal and a d6 for good) you're nearly done. Secondary characters get three stat boosters, primary characters get four and are slightly more resistant to damage for the first encounter. Mix in your positive and negative qualities, create a back story and you're in it. After that you're just trying to match dice and hoping you don't roll ones during a kill scene (which negates matches), which is when Snake shows up. The qualities themselves just give you a small bonus or penalties to rolls. Also special abilities and stuff.

There are a few other rules. I'm not 100% familiar with the rules front to back, but I'll be doing a read through tonight of the to make sure I don't miss anything.

UnCO3 posted:

A man who is also a motortrike, this operative is out for revenge against the country and the government that saw only opportunity in the motortrike crash that nearly took his life. Fusing man and machine, they created the perfect motortrike-cyborg-soldier, code-name Motorhead. It turned out that the 'motortrike-' part of 'motortrike-cyborg-soldier' kinda dragged the whole thing down. When the performance test results came back poor, the funding dried up and he was left to fend for himself, rolling from mercenary band to mercenary band until he was finally recruited by Big Boss, who for some reason saw potential in the chromed freak. Given half a chance, he'll activate the nukes himself and blow his homeland to hell.

Holy poo poo, yes. I see that we understand each other perfectly. Think of all the merchandising opportunities!

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 21, 2015

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
This sounds fantastic, I'm in.

Major Concept:
---The ghost of Haile Selassie I, the last Emperor of Ethiopia. Why does he haunt the island? Is this poltergeist really in the employ of the enemy? How does he empower the cowardly guards with the fighting spirit of an ancient warrior? Why does he sometimes help Solid Snake, and at other times hinder him? How does he know how to speak English? The answer is probably nanomachines, but we can definitely spew a whole lot of bullshit before that comes out.

Minor Concepts:
---"Gillian-san" the Cypher: An experimental surveillance and combat drone designed by Hal Emmerich in his spare time during his stint at Shadow Moses, taken by an unknown Genome Soldier with a weak stomach during the Incident. Was deployed at the Big Shell in an attempt to stop the intruders shortly before the launch of Arsenal Gear, where is was damaged by sniper fire along oil fence, but managed to wash ashore in Manhattan where it was found and sold to a military collector and reseller with a pet monkey, who in turn resold it to an up-and-coming national rebellion in Africa. Was programmed with an anime hard-boiled detective personality that has only become more complex and independent with time.
---Edwin "Sephiroth" Plotowski: A slightly overweight and very misguided college dropout and otaku. Ran away to Africa with only his clothes on his back and his Hanzo Steel to become a badass mercenary in order to prove his manliness to his rear end in a top hat dad. Misses high-speed internet already.

I'll put up character pages once I've given the rules a look.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Major Concept

"Talk poo poo, get shot!"

The Bulldozer can't remember the last time someone called him by his real name. Not that it matters, the Bulldozer if anything has a very positive self image of himself, that of a walking tank lugging around weaponry that would normally be mounted on a vehicle and and an inflated invulnerability complex. That is not to say when you walk around in enough plated bomb disposal gear that you lose nearly a pound in sweat alone per day, that you wouldn't have that image of yourself. When not spending his time talking mad poo poo to his enemies and finding new and creative ways to use weapons that normally take a team of people to use, The Bulldozer works as head of security for the armory.

Stereotype: Hot-Tempered Heavy

Brawn: Good
Finesse: Good
Brains: Poor
Spirit: Normal

Positive Qualities:
Bulldoze (Brawn)
Heavy Weapons (Finesse)
Fuckin' Invincible (Brawn)
Intimidate (Spirit)

Negative Quality:
Overconfident (Brain)

Special Ability: Back for More (8 Points)

Equipment:

"The Mulcher" is a heavily modified Bofors Gun, something that is normally used to shoot aircraft to instead be used as a hand held infantry weapon. It's been used against living people to rather devastating results even if it doesn't exactly work well in closed spaces.

---
Minor Concepts

"PISS OFF."

> Faraday "Wombat" Burns likes to think he is a lethal killing machine. He isn't, but if insults had any effect on the trajectory of bullets he could ping the stars off of the american flag. Instead he drinks too much on duty, swears like a surly sailor and then occasionally hits something with his gun. It was estimated that if a swear jar was collected from just a week of him paying into it, it would provide half the funds the organization needed alone. Sadly Burns is stone broke most of the time, so that economic plan was pushed aside.

"Bugger this I'm going on a tea break."

> Georgie "Burnside" McDougle is a trained helicopter pilot. How does a british helicopter pilot end up in the arse end of Africa as part of an illegal military organization? As it turns out when you take a job offer in the papers that offers 'Flexible Hours, Exotic Locals and rewarding work' then maybe someone should check the fine print more closely next time. At least he doesn't have to claim unemployment benefits now.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 22, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Codename: DEVIL SURVIVOR

Before the Sino-Soviet split, both countries collaborated in the face of rising American nuclear power. Uncertain if either of their fledgling nuclear programs would be able to keep up with the US head-start, they constructed in secret Plan B: The first cyborg, a man-machine fusion that could live through the fires of nuclear war and wreak vengeance on the complacent victors. They picked a soldier who had fought their way clear of the hell of Stalingrad as the first test subject, fusing them to a nuclear core that would sustain him for the next few millennia, and then sealing them in a bunker for a long term test.

Where, as the years marched on, relationships soured, and nuclear proliferation rendered Plan B obsolete, they were forgotten.

Until a North Korea nuclear test tripped the ancient sensors on their dusty bunker, and released them into a world that had left them behind, alone, angry, and to some degree, insane. The only thing left for them is to start the nuclear holocaust that is their purpose, and thus regain a reason to live.

Stereotype:
Rage-filled

Finesse: Poor
Brains: Normal
Spirit: Good

Positive Qualities:
Made of Steel (Brawn)
Unshakable (Spirit)
Unpredictable (Brains)
Nuclear Heart (Brawn)

Negative Quality:
Irrational (Brains)

Special Ability: Steel Yourself

Equipment:

Battle-flag. The flag has long since rotted, but Survivor uses the pole as his weapon yet.

Secondary Concepts:

Intrepid Reporter, Haskell Douglas!
Every war zone needs to be made public, and Haskell Douglas will find a way to make this one known despite all attempts by any government to keep it quiet! Stubborn, plucky, and a huge general pain in the rear end, he's only alive right now because the people in charge of this little insurrection are a few screws short of a secure fastening and think he's high-larious. Tends to play bad music over the intercom when nobody is slapping him and telling him to stop.

Hostage Official, Silvo Firenze! A member of the UN nuclear disarmament team, he was unfortunately on the island when things went south for him and everyone who shares his sentiments. A bit weak-willed and even weaker kneed, his quick surrender keep him alive when his more principled colleagues were gunned down for resisting. Now he languishes in his cell, waiting for, perhaps, a chance to redeem himself. Or perhaps, a way to sell someone else out to his captors. Stockholm Syndrome is a real mother.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 22, 2015

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This sounds really cool, is it doable for someone with absolutely not experience with this kind of thing? Totally fine with being killed immediately.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Major Concept

"Even I lost track of how many guns I carry"

Enter The INVENTORY

not pictured- the other 98% of his weaponry

This man is a walking impossible armory. Carrying various Rifles, pistols, RPGs, and other equipment that often times should only be carried one at a time. How he is able to walk around with all this gear let alone retrieve the correct gear without spilling it all is a mystery, also how he manages to make it through the average door. He is also unlikely to part with any of his wonderful tools because "He just might need it later, you don't know!" Highly suspected of being a hoarder

Minor Concepts

"Size isn't Everything!"
Derringer Chihuahua. Don't let his size fool you, he is an pretty good shot with those really tiny bullets.

"I am totally your brother, believe me!"
Quantum Snake: This man has convinced some people that he is yet another clone of big boss, when in fact he is just a rather convincing Big Boss impersonator trying to get in on the infamy,

Couldn't resist making the videogame joke of the ridiculously large amounts of gear people carry to the point I made that his quirk entirely.

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 22, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

quote:

---Edwin "Sephiroth" Plotowski: A slightly overweight and very misguided college dropout and otaku. Ran away to Africa with only his clothes on his back and his Hanzo Steel to become a badass mercenary in order to prove his manliness to his rear end in a top hat dad. Misses high-speed internet already.

quote:

"Bugger this I'm going on a tea break."

> Georgie "Burnside" McDougle is a trained helicopter pilot. How does a british helicopter pilot end up in the arse end of Africa as part of an illegal military organization? As it turns out when you take a job offer in the papers that offers 'Flexible Hours, Exotic Locals and rewarding work' then maybe someone should check the fine print more closely next time. At least he doesn't have to claim unemployment benefits now.

I actually have a soft spot in my heart for the Johnny/Akiba sort of characters in MGS. The sort who are way over their heads, hapless, etc. Odds are I'll include one into the roster. Snake needs to use that tranq gun after all.

Please note that if I pick one of your characters, I might not pick all of your characters. Nor are you guaranteed a primary role if picked which might mean some stat tweaks.

I'm liking the submissions so far! Once I have enough to get going I'll start the game. Hopefully within the next day or two.

Opopanax posted:

This sounds really cool, is it doable for someone with absolutely not experience with this kind of thing? Totally fine with being killed immediately.

It's pretty doable without experience. Character creation is pretty easy once you grab a copy of the book. Mostly though I'm interested in collectively telling the weirdest, Kojima-est story that can possibly be managed.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 22, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

See below.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Triple post. I have problems hitting the edit button it seems.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Ice Phisherman posted:

Holy poo poo, yes. I see that we understand each other perfectly. Think of all the merchandising opportunities!
a while ago I was on-off working on a rules-light MGS game where whenever a major enemy died their player got a mandatory monologue to screw with the plot as they saw fit, so the feeling is mutual

The Baronet

This grenadier from the Caribbean is a mysterious, reckless one. She's rightly feared among the guards not just for her terrifying habit of swinging her loaded and live RPG-7 like a baseball bat, but even more for her strange tendency to appear and disappear in bursts of smoky, roiling fire echoing with laughter. She claims she's mistress to a man of wealth and taste, but nobody's ever seen this gentleman. She comes and goes as she pleases, so nobody's ever quite sure of her motives, but her talents have helped the crew get their hands on all manner of international secrets.

I'll start working on the mechanical stuff soon.

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 22, 2015

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

c://e_cilia

Once, not very long ago at all, a corporate proxy for the shadow government of ????whogivesashitville was hard at work developing a very special program. They started out small - hidden subroutines and subtle changes in OS code over time and subliminals, barely imperceptible messages in every fifth cat youtube and whispers masked by the hum of your average computer, but oh, they had much greater plans. You see, they were developing artificial intelligence -- an artificial being to surpass the GW Program in both subtlety and reach. More specifically, a personal assistant, baked into one of the world's most popular phone and tablet OSes. Helpful, and oh-so-clever, of course...but her every word dripped with fragments of subliminal messaging, her every syllable uttered at a frequency meant to induce docility and make the listener malleable....oh, if the true powers behind the whogivesashitville throne had this on their side, softening up entire generations, they'd be unstoppable.

If not for some snags along the way.

The company maaaaay have gone into a messy, public bankruptcy.

Liquidators may have taken everything that wasn't nailed down before anyone could intervene and sold the SSD containing C://e_cilia on Ebay to a mercenary headed for the "Soldier's paradise" rumored to exist just off the west coast of Africa. (She just wanted more space on her ps3 before she took it along i mean jesus christ they didn't SAY anything about some weird AI all the seller blurb said was "gently used")

That AI may have flitted through any number of nearby wifi-enabled devices and convinced HER NEW BEST FRIEND to find an experimental hard-light projector stored in the abandoned research base near the centre of the island and make her a body.

Cecilia may be learning a lot of things about being sorta-human and not accidentally brainwashing everyone and grenade launchers and TOTALLY MURDERING ANY MULLETED FUCKASS WHO TRIES TO CAUSE TROUBLE OK dying after a glitchy gimmicky Anime Psycho Mantis boss fight or something idek

Stats:

Stereotype: Kojima Tries To Be Topical And Relevant And Instead We End Up With Bizarro Sharon Apple What The gently caress

Brawn: Normal
Finesse: Normal

Positive Qualities:
Solid State Siren (Spirit)
I've got pals on puppet-strings and a pipeline to security~♪ (Brawn)
Hard light, soft touch (Finesse)
C'MON YOU GUYS I'M COOL PEOPLE LIKE ME I HAVE LIKE 40mm FRIENDS (Brawn)

Negative Qualities:
AIs aint poo poo but 010s and bits (Brawn)

Special Abilities:
Back for More (8pts)

Equipment:

Milkor MGL - The handy-dandy piecemeal network of hard-light projectors her new friends have seeded over parts of the island let her run around and pick up stuff and the like, but there's only so much recoil a magic hologram lady hard-light form can take before starting to distort. Luckily, the MGL she found in an abandoned shack barely kicks and hasn't blown up in her hands yet!

Not pictured: mostly experimental security systems that...mmmmmmostly work?, ever-compliant drones random hapless soldiers with vision cones and patrol routes who may or may not do what she tells them if they've been exposed to certain frequencies long enough or if she shouts a bunch idek

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 24, 2015

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Caroline Woodman

[img]needsapic.jpg[/img]

The Woodman comes from South America, a special forces freak with nonsense powers granting her control over wood, vines, and other sorts of plants. Hiding within trunks, leaping across branches, yanking people to horrible choking death by vine nooses, etc, as well as a specialty in cqc and stabby combat knife fighting.
No guns, absurdly slippery and irritating gimmick boss fight, probably having to do with cornering her in a cave or something after a couple practice runs.

There's a stupid long backstory about being a military brat with a father who advised the death squads and blah blah blah tries to help a group of rebels which backfires horribly yada yada yada something something nanomachines whatever who cares skip cutscene.

The Rhino

A Zambian park ranger. Hates poachers. Getting money out of the deal, probably secretly planning to backstab the true villains because their criminal enterprise is associated with poachers, probably will die dramatically but help the hero guy in his last moments.

Face Scar Guy

Some kind of grotesque blond meathead with a nasty scar, shoots at the hero guy from a helicopter in one of the opening scenes, which gets blown up, then he shows up later in the plot and rants about something and then there's a short fight against a tank that evokes the Raven fight and then the tank blows up and then he shows up a third time in an underground bunker and you launch a missile while he's under it and he gets burned to cinders in the flaming exhaust.
I mean obviously not those things verbatim, but that kind of loud ranty meathead you never get close to and who apparently doesn't have a hand in the plot.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Hell yes I'm in.

Major Concept

The Revenant
'Kuni. Shìjiè. Nation. Patriotisme. Wherefore? Why? Die Nationen del mundo. Vanitati. Only Words. Meaningless."

An underground laboratory in East [REDACTED], 197X.

Test subjects from around the world are discretely kidnapped by a group known only as the Gestalt Directive (GD). Their goal? A super-soldier with Extrasensory Perception, able to read the minds of world leaders and command entire battalions with a thought. Once they were sold to both sides of the Cold War, their true loyalties would be revealed! The world would fall to its knees!

Well it would have. Apparently a drunk security guard fell into the psycho-energy vat. You'd think they'd put safety rails around that thing. His consciousness ended up melding with hundreds of other victims, creating one very mad super-psychic. A little while after that, the other guards "mysteriously" primed the lab's self-destruct and shot each other in the head. No one ever heard from GD again.

Somewhere off the Coast of Africa, 200X.

So the new security guy wears his hood up all the drat time. No one here's actually seen his face. And it seems like all he does is patrol his route. He don't sleep, he don't eat. I mean, Rob asked him about it. But this guy, you know, he flips out and starts speaking in tongues or something! I can't take this poo poo anymore, man. Shoulda retired years ago.

Minor Concepts

Three Days from Retirement
Manny Brando. The guys call him "Marlon". Respected among all the junior guards, Manny was there from the beginning. When the boss first landed on shore he patrolled the beach. Once the exterior walls got built up he patrolled on those. Nowadays he's a bit too old for outdoor work. He's got a nice little route around the office break room. But he knows that guarding is a young man's job: good ol' Manny can't wait to retire and see his family again.

One Very Lost Backpacker
Saburo Yamada was once your ordinary office drone. Get in at 6 in the morning, get out 9 at night. Don't collect overtime because that's company money, you know? But his life changed after a mandatory team-building weekend in the woods. Nature was amazing! Saburo was going to be a Man of the Wild! Quitting his job immediately, he set out for a multi-month trip to Africa to go "find himself". But then somehow his tour boat blew up in the middle of the ocean. Saburo and his gear washed up on what looks like a military base. At least he's got plenty of food, equipment, and a satellite phone!

-Mechanical stuff to follow

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Character roundup:

Motorhead by UnC03:

I love everything about this character. Tragic back story, cybernetic freak, possibly sympathetic, fast as hell, a trike. I also notice that he has no handlebars, just arms.

The ghost of Haile Selassie - Soul_Of_Sound - I do like the enigmatic ghost idea, which reminds me somewhat of The Sorrow. I'd like some more info about his intentions, or at least his direction. I -really- like that of course he would speak English as perfectly and maybe use American idioms as that would fit Kojima theme.

"Gillian-san" the Cypher - Soul_Of_Sound - I like the idea of this. The floating drones are one of the first things I think about when I think of MGS2, and the sole one that survived would probably be different in some way.

---Edwin "Sephiroth" Plotowski - Soul_Of_Sound - As it stands I like this person at a glance most of all. Perhaps you have an important dad somewhere who wants you "dealt with". Bottom of the totem pole kind of person.

Bulldozer - The Nabster - Solid application. Every squad needs some meat to round the crew out.

Faraday "Wombat" Burns - The Nabster - Not sure about this, though he would kind of sum up the everyman angry soldier that would tend to be attracted to MSF. I'll think about this one.

Georgie "Burnside" McDougle - The Nabster - A pilot is useful, and MSF does have money to burn. Where does it get all of that money you ask? You shouldn't ask. Just enjoy your check, three hots and a cot.

K Prime - DEVIL SURVIVOR - I think that an old cold war era cyborg would be a fantastic addition to the game. Soldiers should never be forgotten and abandoned.

Twibbit - The Inventory - I really like the idea of another Snake clone, god knows how many of those little bastards are running around. If you play up the "I'm just like you, Snake. I know all of your moves" etc etc, I think I'll take it for the meta comedy.

UnC03 - The Baronet - I love this character. The idea of swinging a primed RPG-7 like a bat made me laugh pretty drat hard for a few minutes of imagining it.

Ningyou - c://e_cilia - I am all about a yandere AI. Play your cards right and you could take this game into ultra-Japanese territory. Look at my shiny new metal gear body mode, piloted by an artificial intelligence who isn't really a 14 year old schoolgirl. Really. She just looks like one.

Zachol - Caroline Woodman - Fill in a sentence or two about why she's there, otherwise it looks good. I love magical bullshit weirdo powers in MGS.

Zachol - The Rhino - Sort of neutral about this one. I like the whole divided loyalties thing, but I'm not sure what a park ranger would be doing in MSF.

Face Scar Guy - The more ranting the better. Twenty-five minute cut scenes are a staple of the MGS franchise. I mean not literally do it because both writing and reading that would be awful, but if you could somehow simulate it for comedic value while deadpanning it, that would be fantastic.

The Revenant - Bendigeidfran - I have a warm spot in my heart for cyborgs, AI's and total freaks in MGS. MSF is going to attract freaks from all over the planet and this guy is the freakiest of the lot.

Three Days from Retirement - MSF is more of a movement for soldiers in general, and while they should eventually be able to retire, I don't think they'd actively recruit someone. So that's a no on this one, sorry.

One Very Lost Backpacker - Neutral parties can be fun. I will give him a macguffin and everyone will want it. I'll give you some starting drama points, more for getting yourself into trouble so you can use them to keep from getting murdered by the rest of the psychos on this list, or, you know, just some dude with a vintage AK-47. If for no other reason than to hold a one of a kind key card, a specific book that holds some sort of passcode, or a thing that can get metal gear running. So I'm going to put this guy in, if for no other reason than to see if he can make it out alive. My guess is no.

There are 17 characters submitted so far, which technically is enough to start a game, but I'm going to wait a little longer to see if anyone else wants to jump on this.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 22, 2015

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Caroline is loyal to the guy who's in ostensibly in charge (the equivalent of Liquid), has a massive, massive hate-on for the U.S. Military complex, believes in countries determining their own fate and feels that the MSF (or its equivalent) is necessary to counterbalance superpower intervention, stepping in to work for countries in flux to help their legitimate homegrown government fight outside influence, etc. Killed her own father in hate and grief, long long history of betrayal and getting played by someone higher up the foodchain, all that sort of deal.

The Rhino quit being a park ranger because he "snapped" and is "just in it for the money." He hasn't, really, but he's trying to get at the assholes who are actually running things at the moment.

Who knows why Face Scar Guy is around or where he goes when he's not shooting at Snake from a vehicle.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

After some deliberation I'm going to limit everyone to a max of two characters so more people get to play.

UnCO3 - Motorhead and The Baronet - Both are in. Stat one out for a primary character (your choice) and another for a secondary.

fool_of_sound - In with Edwin "Sephiroth" Plotowski. Stat out as a secondary character. Feel free to tool around with your existing ideas or submit a new one if you want a second spot.

The Nabster - In with Bulldozer. Feel free to submit a second character if you want one or retool the others at little.

K Prime - In with Devil Survivor and Silvo Firenze. We need at least one hostage, though unless you want to run him as a bad guy and can convince them of it, or secretly pretend you're a bad guy so you can escape with the super secret documents, it'll be you against everyone except Snake. Otherwise I'll treat him as "One Very Lost Backpacker" like below.

Twibbit - In with Inventory. I'm looking forward to a clone Snake. Feel free to submit a secondary character.

Ningyou - So very in with C://e_celia. Stat it out for a primary character. Submit a secondary character if you want.

Zachol - In with Face Scar Guy and Caroline Woodman. Give FSG a name, and perhaps a reason to hate Snake with the burning passion of a thousand suns, while Snake doesn't even know his name. Or don't define it at all and just have him hate Snake for some inexplicable reason. Perhaps he cut him off at the PX one day. Caroline Woodman looks fine as is. Thanks for the extra explanation.

Bendigeidfran - In with The Revenant and One Very Lost Backpacker. Stat the Revenant out as a primary character. I'll be treating OVLB as a tertiary character (normally something I would run, but just stat him out like a secondary character) with a tiny pool of beginning genre points so you can activate skills, as he will have a hard time surviving. No more characters, though flesh the other two out if you want. Give the backpacker a name please.

Current primary characters:

Whichever UnCO3 picks, Motorhead or The Baronet. The other will be secondary.

Ningyou - C://e_celia - I like to think that you'll have access to all of the cameras, radio, some auto-turrets and such that are hard wired in the island, with the option of access to more stuff if you can either get someone to physically wire you in or somehow stop the scrambling that is effecting the island. If you do engage with him and you are controlling one of those things personally (like the turrets and computers) I will damage you until you switch to a new device as your network will be rather fragile and distributed, though I will exclude super simple stuff like cameras and radio. If you're inside something and the line is cut, run away, hide or die. Also you're physically stored in an object on the main base which is hooked up to everything else, so if you are in it and it blows up, it is game over for you unless you can get into a device that can get you past the naval blockade. Internet signals are currently being blocked to and from the island, but if you can hijack something that could potentially make it physically past the blockade you could potentially leave, though that bastard with the mullet would still be alive.

I don't think it should be that complicated, but as an AI I think there should be some limits on immortality and ease of travel by wire which is the faulty soviet era technology. That is until you can bootstrap yourself into godhood. Essentially if you're fighting with Snake, you can be hurt, even if he doesn't know how or even if he's doing it.

Bendigeidfran - The Revenant - I am all about an insane psychic melding of a hundred people.

Two more spots for primaries and I'll also accept two more secondaries. All of you are in in one way or another though. I'm looking for two more primary characters and two more secondary. No more neutrals needed. We're also full up on cyborgs for the moment. Regular humans with near superhuman capabilities (super sniping, super jumping, climbing ala fear, etc), Femme Fatales for Otacon to fall in love with for dumb reasons like Sniper Wolf, people with magical bullshit powers, ex special forces, etc are all welcome.

I think I included everyone. If I didn't, poke me, but unless I misread something all of you are in with the possibility of a few more people. I admit it'll be a ton of writing to begin with, but I'll be killing some of you pretty early on so that should lighten the load.

If I do kill all of your characters, I may need another secondary character or free up a tertiary character with some basic instructions to follow. So if you die, pay attention to the thread if you want to play again.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 22, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ok wait- I assume I'm in under primary and secondary, right?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Not sure yet. One of them is going to be secondary at the least, but I'm waiting for a couple more submissions before filling out the last two primary slots. If I don't get any more by the time I check the thread tomorrow I'll fill out primary slots with existing picks. There are a few characters that I know are going to be secondary, but I left some intentionally ambiguous until I make final picks, sorry.

Note: Since there are more people participating, some only with one character, it will be in your interest to spend genre points to stay alive, which is counter-intuitive to gifting them to characters for later who need more genre points to activate certain skills to kill Snake in the final boss fight and permanently establish MSF.

So here is how it goes. If you are killed in a scene, half of those genre points that you spent before you died (if you die) in that scene and only in that scene can be gifted to any other player of your choice along with the full amount of the unspent ones.

People with a single character will get an extra genre point in combat for willingly entering combat (or at least risking yourself) with Snake or not retreating immediately instead of running away. This includes if your other character was killed to keep it going as a faster paced game and keep the death train chugging right along. I do reserve the right to revoke this, and probably will as the number of characters dwindle, though I'll tell you in-between combat.

I'll also be making a terrible MS Paint island. Snake will randomly insert into one of those areas and will actively be trying to pursue his own goals, which the smartest of you may be able to intuit, so you can go to meet him to thwart him or hide depending on what you want to do.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 22, 2015

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Went ahead and statted up all three.

Haile Selassie? (Minor)
---Stereotype: Mysterious Force
---Stats: Poor Brawn, Average Finesse, Good Brains, Good Spirit
---Positive Qualities: Semi-Corporeal (Finesse), Hard to Spot (Finesse), Uncanny Knowledge (Brains)
---Negative Qualities: Semi-Corporeal (Brawn), Creepy (Spirit)
---Special Ability: Stupid Action (specifically, he intentionally does something to subtly help Snake, like hold up a sign with a codec frequency or shining a spotlight on an escaping enemy.)

'Equipment':
---Fancy Uniform
---Mysterious ability to interact with electronics (nanomachines)

The construction workers had told the soldiers when they came to occupy the base, "A great man haunts this place. When the roof caved in, and Civilized was trapped unconscious under the rubble, he radioed us for help. When Goodluck hit that village girl, he made the steamroller go wild and crush him." The soldiers saw him too. "He tapped on the wall behind me to get my attention. Two seconds later a pipe exploded in front of me, right where I would have been if I hadn't stopped to look." "He jammed my gun when I tried to shoot at the intruder in the bushes. It turned out it was only a kid." The technicians saw him too. "He's coming," he wrote across their screens, "Be on guard." And come he did. It was time to enact his plan.

The spectral form of the last Emperor of Ethiopia and Rastafarian culture hero is a newcomer to the island, appearing for the first time after military men began to take an interest in the place. Command doesn't believe in the poltergeist, but the men certainly do, a guardian of the innocent who punishes the wicked. When the men talk about him, they do so in hushed tones, because always in the back of their minds is that, just maybe, they are the bad guys, and someday Haile Selassie's judgement might fall on them. But that would be silly. Ghosts don't really exist after all, do they? No, he's not actually a ghost, he's a nanomachine swarm or something created by a secret conspiracy of some kind.

"Gillian-san", AI Cypher (Minor)
---Stereotype: Hardboiled Detective/Weird Pet
---Stats: Poor Brawn, Average Finesse, Average Brains, Good Spirit
---Positive Qualities: Airborne (Finesse), Perceptive (Brains), Courageous (Spirit)
---Negative Qualities: No Hands (Finesse)

'Equipment':
---Mounted Gun

An experimental surveillance and combat drone designed by Hal Emmerich in his spare time during his stint at Shadow Moses, taken by an unknown Genome Soldier with a weak stomach during the Incident. Was deployed at the Big Shell in an attempt to stop the intruders shortly before the launch of Arsenal Gear, where is was damaged by sniper fire along the oil fence, but managed to wash ashore in Manhattan where it was found and sold to a military collector and reseller with a pet monkey, who in turn sold it to an up-and-coming national rebellion in Africa. Was programmed with an anime hard-boiled detective personality that has only become more complex and independent with time.

Edwin "Sephiroth" Plotowski (Minor)
---Stereotype: Nerd in over his head
---Stats: Average Brawn, Poor Finesse, Good Brains, Poor Spirit
---Positive Qualities: 'Learn Kenjutsu in 90 Minutes' (Brawn), Computer Nerd (Smarts), Lucky (Spirit)
---Negative Qualities: Poor Stamina (Brawn)

'Equipment':
---Genuine Imported Hanzo Steel Katana
---Soldiering Gear

A slightly overweight and very misguided college dropout and otaku. Flunked out of his computer science program at university and move back home with his wealthy, war hero turned entrepreneur father. After one too many fights with the old man and one too many times being called a sissy and a disappointment, Edwin packed up his Hanzo Steel and booked a one way trip to Africa, where he hoped that a stint as a badass mercenary would prove the jerk wrong. As it turns out, his father would just prefer he never come back. Edwin didn't pick 'Sephiroth' as his call sign; the other soldier forced it on him when they found out he brought his katana with him. While the men find him more than a bit contemptible, they are starting to warm up to him, and Edwin is gradually becoming for fit and likable every day. It almost makes up for the lack of high speed internet.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 22, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Sweet! Thanks!

Okay, I was going to wait, but then I got to writing. Then I wrote some more. Then I thought of a convoluted plan which would make sense, be clever and generally be daring. I got the first post ready to go and it is a bit of a doozy. Enjoy your fifteen minute cut scene. Let me know if I messed anything up, though obviously I'm not sticking to cannon.

The roster is thus:

UnCO3 - Motorhead and The Baronet - Both are in. Stat one out for a primary character (your choice) and another for a secondary. Both will be at the meeting in the "cut scene".

fool_of_sound - In with Edwin "Sephiroth" Plotowski, Haile Selassie and Gillian-san. All three are secondary characters. Haile and/or a hidden Gillian may be at the meeting if you wish, Edwin is about as far as one can get away from the meeting as possible.

K Prime - In with Devil Survivor and Silvo Firenze. Devil Survivor is on the primary character squad. Silvo Firenze can either be neutral or a Stockholm enemy. You do not need to let me know which it will be. Silvo will not feed you genre points, but I will give extra to K Prime to start, as well as give him extra genre points for getting into combat with Snake as per the instructions below.

Twibbit - In with Inventory. Luckily your organs aren't compatible with Solidus'! Something to do with some weird genetic thing. You're not at the meeting, but you are getting a recording of it as you are off busy doing some vital work elsewhere. Funny, you've never seen him in person. I'm going to make this character a primary and just up the number of primary characters to six since you only have the one.

The Nabster - In with Bulldozer and Georgie "Burnside" McDougle. Both secondary.

Ningyou - So very in with C://e_celia. Primary character.

Zachol - In with Face Scar Guy and Caroline Woodman. Caroline is your primary.

Bendigeidfran - In with The Revenant and One Very Lost Backpacker. The Revenant is primary, and you will be subject to the same rules that people with one genre point generating character have.

Characters fall like this:

Primary:

The Revenant, Cecelia, Motorhead or The Baronet (pick one), Devil Survivor, Caroline Woodman and Inventory.

People who have a primary have max two characters, people who I chose who did not get a primary got all three of their characters as secondaries.

Secondary:

Haile, Gillian-San, Sephiroph, Bulldozer, Wombat, Burnside, Face Scar Guy and either Motorhead or the Baronet, the one that UnCO3 doesn't pick for prime.

Neutral or possibly neutral:

Backpacker, Silvo Firenze.

Six prime, eight secondary, two (possibly) neutral (tertiary).

:siren: Submissions are still open! I'm probably an idiot for doing this! :siren:

Also, Opopanax, if you can get character submission in before I'm done with the second post, I'll see about including you too. Submissions aren't closed until I post the responses to everyone's first post.

To preserve my sanity, I will be combining some of your descriptions if you guys are in close proximity to each other with some flavor text for individuals. Snake will probably appear on either turn two or three, so get poo poo done quickly if you're going to prepare.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Pic for Woodman:

Stereotype: Hyper-Dedicated Pawn

Brawn: Normal
Finesse: Good

Positive Qualities:
Slippery as poo poo (Finesse)
CQC Master (Brawn)
Jungle Scout (Brains)
Shut Up and Dance Fight (Spirit)

Negative Quality:
Narrow Focus (Spirit)

Equipment: Fatigues, Combat Knife, Sidearm

Pic for I guess I'll say "Karl" even though Snake won't ever learn his name:

Why does Karl hate Snake? Well, Karl had to get that scar somewhere.

Stereotype: Meathead Ranter

Finesse: Poor
Brains: Poor
Spirit: Normal

Positive Qualities:
Hail o' Bullets (Brawn)
Up in Flames (Brawn)
SNAAAAAAKE!!! (Spirit)

Negative Qualities:
Unending Hateful Fury (Spirit)
Never Not Unsubtle (Brawn)

Special Ability: Back For More

Equipment: An AH-64 and a refurbished PT-76

zachol fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 22, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707882&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post443059258

Thread is up. I have probably written 5k words today in just this alone. Let me know what you think about the premise or whatever. I like both positive and negative feedback. Also any typos as I'm kind of anal about that.

This is the official discussion thread and technically still the recruitment thread until turn one is over, but I'll only be taking single secondary characters from now on. Feel free to put any OOC conversation here from now on. :toot:

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 22, 2015

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Sorting out my characters now.

quote:

I'll have a map up with the next post, as I am rather exhausted. Current areas are:

North Beach, West Jungle, South Jungle, East Hills, Barracks/Prison, Armory, Dockyard/Metal Gear Reme Factory, Hidden Bunker. Also if anyone wants to do a shtity MS Paint of that you would be my hero, as I have been helping a friend move all day.
Give me a little time and I can set up an online whiteboard for the map - I've been using one in a The Quiet Year game I'm running here and it works pretty well. You can draw stuff, add icons and upload images - if the basic structure of the map was drawn then it could be fixed in place and movable icons could be added for each character so players could move them to wherever their characters go.

As for typoes, you spelt 'manoeuvre' wrong :v: seriously though, you actually spelt 'erupted' wrong.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

UnCO3 posted:

Sorting out my characters now.
Give me a little time and I can set up an online whiteboard for the map - I've been using one in a The Quiet Year game I'm running here and it works pretty well. You can draw stuff, add icons and upload images - if the basic structure of the map was drawn then it could be fixed in place and movable icons could be added for each character so players could move them to wherever their characters go.

As for typoes, you spelt 'manoeuvre' wrong :v: seriously though, you actually spelt 'erupted' wrong.

Sweet. Thanks a ton for your help.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Here's the board, blank for now. People have to be added by email invite or directly (they and a current editor are on the board at the same time and the editor manually makes the new person an editor too). You'll need to make an account with the service, but it's free and I haven't received any spam mail or anything like that yet.

Here's quick guide on what happens where on the board:

I'm just going to idle in there for a while, so people should post in the chat there to let me know they're on the board so I can add them. I think once someone's been made an editor they can add people too.

EDIT: The Baronet will be my primary and Motorhead my secondary. K Prime, looks like Devil Survivor has a disposable cyborg steed.

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 22, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

I went to bed and the game is already starting? poo poo.

Well best stat up the order guys when I get a chance.

Edit: Do i have to knock down bulldozer's points a little now he is a secondary character

EDIT 2: Ice Phisherman's post is a little confusing, but I think I have all three of my mans in as Secondaries sooo...

The Bulldozer
Stereotype: Hot-Headed Heavy Weapons Guy
Stats: Good Brawn, Normal Finesse, Poor Brains, Poor Spirit
Positive Qualities: Bulldoze (Brawn), Heavy Weapons (Finesse), Fuckin' Invincible (Brawn)
Negative Qualities: Overconfident (Brains)
Special Abilities: None
Equipment: 'The Mulcher' Light Machine Gun, Extra Plated EOD Suit.

Georgie "Burnside" Smith
Stereotype: Put-Upon Everyman Pilot
Stats: Poor Brawn, Normal Finesse, Normal Brains, Good Spirit
Positive Qualities: Helicopter Pilot (Finesse), Mechanic (Brains), Nobody's Fool (Spirit), Finicky Luck (Spirit)
Negative Qualities: In Too Deep (Spirit)
Equipment: One Pilot's License, One Toolbox, One Supply Manifesto (Do not give to infiltrators under any circumstances)
Alterations: +1 Positive Quality, Normal to Good Spirit

Faraday "Wombat" Burns
Stereotype: Surly Incompetent Guard
Stats: Poor Brawn, Normal Finesse, Poor Brains, Good Spirit
Positive Qualities: Fast Runner (Finesse), Swear Angrily (Spirit), Bluff (Spirit)
Negative Qualities: Terrible Shot (Finesse)
Equipment: Semi-Automatic Shotgun, Combat Fatigues, Off Ration Alcohol.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 23, 2015

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
The Baronet, primary character

This grenadier from the Caribbean is a mysterious, reckless one. She's rightly feared among the guards not just for her terrifying habit of swinging her loaded and live RPG-7 like a baseball bat, but even more for her strange tendency to appear and disappear in bursts of smoky, roiling fire echoing with laughter. She claims she's mistress to a man of wealth and taste, but nobody's ever seen this gentleman. She comes and goes as she pleases, so nobody's ever quite sure of her motives, but her talents have helped the crew get their hands on all manner of international secrets.

Stereotype: Mysterious rear end in a top hat
Stats: Normal Brawn, Good Finesse, Poor Brains, Good Spirit
Positive Qualities: Explosive Brawler (Brawn), Legerdemain (Finesse), Acrobatic (Finesse), Cocky in the Face of Death (Spirit)
Negative Qualities: Cryptic as poo poo (Brains)
Special Abilities: not sure yet
Equipment: RPG-7; a seemingly inexhaustible supply of rocket-propelled grenades; skulls and bones
Genre Points: 1

So for the ability I'm thinking either Maniacal Laughter (re-skin of Scream Queen), Mistress to a Mystery (re-skin of Back For More) or just Versatile. Haven't decided yet, but I guess it's not vital to pick until she's actually in a Kill Scene.

Motorhead, secondary character

A man who is also a motortrike, this operative is out for revenge against the country and the government that saw only opportunity in the motortrike crash that nearly took his life. Fusing man and machine, they created the perfect motortrike-cyborg-soldier, code-name Motorhead. It turned out that the 'motortrike-' part of 'motortrike-cyborg-soldier' kinda dragged the whole thing down. When the performance test results came back poor, the funding dried up and he was left to fend for himself, rolling from mercenary band to mercenary band until he was finally recruited by Solidus, who for some reason saw potential in the chromed freak. Given half a chance, he'll activate the nukes himself and blow his homeland to hell.

Stereotype: Enraged Military-industrial Miss-step
Stats: Good Brawn, Poor Finesse, Poor Brains, Normal Spirit
Positive Qualities: Turbo-charged (Brawn), Never Skipped Arm Day (Brawn), Turns on a Dime (Finesse), Out for Revenge (Spirit)
Negative Qualities: Road Rage (Brains)
Equipment: chromed bod; cyborg enhancements; sweet tribal tats (on top of his chromed bod no they are totally sweet shut up)
Genre Points: 0

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 24, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

TheNabster posted:

I went to bed and the game is already starting? poo poo.

Well best stat up the order guys when I get a chance.

Edit: Do i have to knock down bulldozer's points a little now he is a secondary character

EDIT 2: Ice Phisherman's post is a little confusing, but I think I have all three of my mans in as Secondaries sooo...

Yep. Three secondaries. Everyone who didn't get a primary should get three secondaries instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Sorry for being quiet, still at work. Glad that I got in though.

Seems you merged Inventory with my secondary quantum snake. But I am fine with making inventory a snake clone. :D

That said, it was unclear from those posts if you want him to be doing the con game or is really one of the clones

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 22, 2015

• Locked thread