Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
In case anyone has not seen Medibot's LP of this game, make a bookmark of it to check out later. He takes it on two-player, and he and his cohort have a lot of fun right until the end credits. (Sadly, they then keep playing, doing all of the challenge games in a single go, and by the end you can hear that they just want the game to be over. But up until the credits it's great.)

I'm really digging this take on the LP so far, though! Playing single-player means that the LP can take a more relaxed, methodical approach to showing off the game, but having a co-commentator still gives that 'gaming with friends' feel. It's just that the friend in question is watching rather than playing. And I approve of avoiding the unnecessary abuse of Waddle Dees. :v:

I'm going to vote for the Flower Sofa. Kirby has a place to sit, but what about guests? He's too nice to make them sit on the floor while he thrones it up.

Also, what's the difference between the cut and uncut videos? Or is there not one for this first one? They're the same length, by the looks of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

morallyobjected posted:

I love that this LP is Waddle Dee friendly. I hope it is possible to do a no-kill run for the whole game.

He did kill some in the first video, but he really didn't have a way around it; even if he'd confined himself to shooting their rockets down, they would have stood their ground until he ran them over. In the words of Mills Lane, I'll allow it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQHpD2WQL4

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

The 'Kirby energy drink', incidentally, is called Pep Brew. Which would be a pretty good name for an energy drink, come to think of it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I'm pretty sure the thing that unwinds the yarn around that one level is a gyroscope.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

JordanKai posted:

Oh by-the-way, here's some :frogsiren: BEHIND THE SCENES CONTENT :frogsiren: for you guys. I was going to use this nice GIF banner for yesterday's update, but I couldn't get all of the different versions of it ready in time. In the end, I just had to go with a simple static banner instead.

Well, you could always edit it in now!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Solumin posted:

I'm so confused. I thought the tune that plays in the first level is Fountain of Dreams, but apparently it's Gourmet Race?!

Fountain of Dreams is Gourmet Race. It's a remix made for Super Smash Bros. The first level music is Fountain Gardens.

• Locked thread