Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Wow this game is really... EPIC!!!

Yeah this game is really cool and owns and I'm glad this LP is happening because you guys' commentary is full of joy just like Kirby.
I think Kirby should have a Fountain in his house because he deserves only the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

Also, what's the difference between the cut and uncut videos? Or is there not one for this first one? They're the same length, by the looks of it.

Cut videos don't have commentary over the cutscenes. So in the case of this video, the parts with the narrator don't have Jordan or Ikwaylx talking over him.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

I can't believe that you didn't call them Haduckens. Otherwise, good episode.
Another touch that I think is really nice in the boss fight is how ragged the dragon looks as you hit him. It's a nice indicator and still plays into the aesthetic of the game.
Also, I think all of the music is original at this point, so Mole Hole is an original Epic Yarn track.

A normal bed sounds wicked lame, so I think Kirby should rest on a Tree Stump Bed.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

I remember when I played this, I had a ton of fun with the apartment minigames, but I don't think I ever finished them. I'll be interested in seeing how tough they get at later levels.
Also the vehicle levels rule so I'm glad the bonus stages are just more of that.

Anyways I guess I should make a vote so...
Waddle Doo
Clear Sky
Bumblebee

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Bless the new thread tag. Flannel Kirby is a friend to all.
Melody Town is probably my favorite level. The Treeble Clefs, the instrument environments tuned to the background music, the accordion pulley, it's great. The background music isn't the best on the OST, but being able to play with it with all the setpieces is the best.
My problem with harps is how underused they are. Like every concert piece with them has the harpist do one of those "angelic" flourishes and they're so much more versatile than that.
Aside from train-related shenanigans, Trick or Treat Land is a pretty diverse set of levels that are a lot of fun! Just like the other Lands. This game is great.

As far as the room renovations go:
Toy Piano
Red Tartan
Colored Blocks

Also, Cake Kirb is a cute dude with a cute 'tude:

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

My vote goes to the Totem Pole.

The day-to-night transition in that first level is such a cool effect. What a good way to start off this cool-as-heck world.
Note: All of the worlds are cool as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

The Butter Building arrangement is probably my favorite piece of music on the soundtrack, what a gem. :allears:
Also you were pulling some mad tricks to avoid hurting Waddle Dees only to end up becoming what you hated most in that shooty section.
The shooty sections are a lot of fun and are probably my favorite vehicle bits. What a good time.

• Locked thread