Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Kleedrac just didn't strike me as scum, I was obviously wrong.

I also should read the thread more carefully before I vote - just saw the post where nevergirls confirms night action was stopped, meaning there are at least two blocking type roles. Should not have been so hast to vote to ConorT ##unvote. I think it is very likely that at least one of ConorT and Chaoslord is scum. Need to re-read the thread when I have more time tonight to figure that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Actually, thinking about it some more, I know I am town, therefore if there are only two blocking/jailing roles, then that means nevergirls is scum because no night kill. ## vote Nevergirls

Five
Jan 6, 2009

The way I see it, the best course of action here is to lynch ConorT today and then that'll let us know if Schwein11 is scum too.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

schwein11 posted:

Actually, thinking about it some more, I know I am town, therefore if there are only two blocking/jailing roles, then that means nevergirls is scum because no night kill. ## vote Nevergirls

Ah, so you're scum too then?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

schwein11 posted:

In fact, how does this vote make sense? Like, it's literally either ConorT or chaoslord. You're going to get nowhere with a Nevergirls vote right now.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

He's claiming that Chaoslord is lying, therefore Conor blocked Nevergirls, therefore nevergirls is scum because no night kill.

More likely scenario is Chaoslord is telling the truth, blocked Conor, no night kill. The best way to test this is to lynch Conor and if he is scum we then lynch Schweinn11. If Conor turns out to be town we then lynch Chaoslord.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

schwein11 posted:

Kleedrac just didn't strike me as scum, I was obviously wrong.

You were straight up trying to organize a different lynch once he picked up steam, on uradd who hadn't been around, and then when uradd showed up you tried to swing him toward chaoslord. Your actions don't make sense for "didn't strike me as scum" they make sense for "priority is to not lynch Kleedrac"

I agree with those saying that one of the claimed jailors is the best lynch today but there's plenty of time before deadline and I'd love more discussion of that last hour before Kleedrac was lynched.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

Five posted:

He's claiming that Chaoslord is lying, therefore Conor blocked Nevergirls, therefore nevergirls is scum because no night kill.

More likely scenario is Chaoslord is telling the truth, blocked Conor, no night kill. The best way to test this is to lynch Conor and if he is scum we then lynch Schweinn11. If Conor turns out to be town we then lynch Chaoslord.

I thought chaos said he blocked schweine, id try to add that post but im on my phone

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Five posted:

I get the logic here but it's a little chain lynch-y for my tastes

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Uradd posted:

I thought chaos said he blocked schweine, id try to add that post but im on my phone

I did block Schwein, who confirmed as much. I'm assuming that is a typo on Five's part.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

LordVorbis posted:

In fact, how does this vote make sense? Like, it's literally either ConorT or chaoslord. You're going to get nowhere with a Nevergirls vote right now.

I know this wasnt at me, but I still dont like the semi-action claim from never, why should this go nowhere, never pretty much claimed but didnt say what, and a kill got stopped.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Yeah. Sorry guys, I haven't eaten yet and my brain is made of mush

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Uradd posted:

I know this wasnt at me, but I still dont like the semi-action claim from never, why should this go nowhere, never pretty much claimed but didnt say what, and a kill got stopped.

Mainly because we KNOW we have a scum in either ConorT or chaoslord.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Is this you trying to ID who blocked you from your night kill?

We know someone (conort) jailed me and prevented my night action. We also know there was no kill. I know I'm not scum and scum knows I'm not scum so they're trying to find out who blocked them since it wasn't conort.

I don't need your assistance defending me at the moment but thanks.

Very combative here,

You were "suspicious" and backpedaled like 2 posts later. You only cast your vote when it was like, 4 on him and 3 on you (I think?) to bring him to -1.

Responds to me but nothing to do with my vote drop on him?

I would be intrigued.

"Intrigued" about connor lying but doesnt post once the shoe drops. he did say he was blocked. Ima go with conor is full of poo poo and they are both scum

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Would like to encourage everyone to re-read Schwein today as at end of day 1 he stuck out as scummiest and now his confirmation of being jailed is part of what we're judging lynch criteria on. My summary is that he posted twice (after PMs went out I think) saying he's rusty and a bad player -- sets up an excuse for slips later. Then when Kleedrac starts taking heat he discusses everyone surrounding that case, gets critical of a bunch of people, but says he "doesn't see" the Kleedrac case. After he comes back from dinner there's a couple attempts to swing the lynch another way. Clearly never even considers voting Kleedrac to the point where he was actively pushing another lynch candidate without a strong case. It reads to me like panic.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This is all assuming 3 scum, which I think most of us agree is likely. The votes should be on Conor or me today, short of something like a cop coming running into the game and slamming down a claim. We've got counter claiming jailors, and I'm not sure I've ever seen a big game with two town jailors, let a lone a small one like this.

However! A discussion on Never would be fruitful. For instance, if you think Schwein is town then it is worth looking at a ConorT/Never scum team that decided to fake claim a jail and bus to give Conor some town cred. Or maybe the plan was to follow up with a Never fake claim when pressured to say that Never was actually the kill target saved by the jail. (preview edit: I see that Uradd started on a case against Never)

I still think Schwein is the other member, as I began to lay out in my counter claim post (preview edit: LUTR saw the same thing I did), but I'm willing to entertain the notion of it being Never.

There is a chance (although I think it's slim) that schwein was the target and Never just got roleblocked, which would leave the third scum amongst, well, everyone else (outside of the masons). Plenty of things to go over still so lets make good use of today rather than just throwing down votes.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Five posted:

Right, but even in that situation, and assuming you 100% knew Chaoslord is lying, you lynch Chaoslord!

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Uradd posted:

Because we have counter-claiming jailers. There is no way both are town, so ONE of them is scum. Therefore we should lynch one of them. Trying to jump off and start on a third is super loving scummy.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

LordVorbis posted:

Because we have counter-claiming jailers. There is no way both are town, so ONE of them is scum. Therefore we should lynch one of them. Trying to jump off and start on a third is super loving scummy.

If im choosing a jailer to vote ill be voting conort. I think never should be the following lynch, however. In a 3 scum team those are my 2 picks.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

LordVorbis posted:

Right, but even in that situation, and assuming you 100% knew Chaoslord is lying, you lynch Chaoslord!

Oh, I don't disagree in the least.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Uradd posted:

If im choosing a jailer to vote ill be voting conort. I think never should be the following lynch, however. In a 3 scum team those are my 2 picks.

I think schwein11 is scum, CT is Roleblocker and Nevergirls might be town with a power.

CT is my vote at the moment, however I want to see his response to all this first.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

chaoslord posted:

There is a chance (although I think it's slim) that schwein was the target and Never just got roleblocked, which would leave the third scum amongst, well, everyone else (outside of the masons).

I don't generally like trying to figure out who scum might target but given the way the Kleedrac lynch went down I really can't see scum thinking Schwein would be the best kill. If he's town he was acting in their best interests.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

ConorT posted:

I jailed nevergirls last night ##vote nevergirls

chaoslord posted:

So, to confirm, you are a town aligned jailor then, yes?

Either you can't read or you ignored what I said to set up a 5 post super-dramatic counter claim. If you have someone dead-to-rights with a claim you don't pussyfoot around it, you just go.

chaoslord posted:

I jailed Schwein.

Why Schwein, you might ask? Well, in a couple of quotes,

Claims some questionable stuff happened, but then says "But you go find it!". He does point it out in a couple posts (here and here), but they seem weak. I think this is more trying to plant seeds and shift momentum away from Kleedrac.

a) he's phoneposting, quote editing is hard, b) that stuff is no weaker than most early day 1 stuff I've typically seen.

chaoslord posted:

Much like Kleedrac, trying to cast a wide net to find someone to stick a lynch to other than his scumbuddy.

"Hey everyone, vote for Uradd rather than Kleedrac"

He was asking people for opinions near deadline and trying to get his preferred guy lynched.

chaoslord posted:

This is all assuming 3 scum, which I think most of us agree is likely. The votes should be on Conor or me today, short of something like a cop coming running into the game and slamming down a claim. We've got counter claiming jailors, and I'm not sure I've ever seen a big game with two town jailors, let a lone a small one like this.

However! A discussion on Never would be fruitful. For instance, if you think Schwein is town then it is worth looking at a ConorT/Never scum team that decided to fake claim a jail and bus to give Conor some town cred. Or maybe the plan was to follow up with a Never fake claim when pressured to say that Never was actually the kill target saved by the jail. (preview edit: I see that Uradd started on a case against Never)

I still think Schwein is the other member, as I began to lay out in my counter claim post (preview edit: LUTR saw the same thing I did), but I'm willing to entertain the notion of it being Never.

There is a chance (although I think it's slim) that schwein was the target and Never just got roleblocked, which would leave the third scum amongst, well, everyone else (outside of the masons). Plenty of things to go over still so lets make good use of today rather than just throwing down votes.

Now you're positing multiple crazy setup theories which is a great way to destroy discussion for the rest of the day.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

ConorT posted:

Either you can't read or you ignored what I said to set up a 5 post super-dramatic counter claim. If you have someone dead-to-rights with a claim you don't pussyfoot around it, you just go.

a) he's phoneposting, quote editing is hard, b) that stuff is no weaker than most early day 1 stuff I've typically seen.

He was asking people for opinions near deadline and trying to get his preferred guy lynched.

Now you're positing multiple crazy setup theories which is a great way to destroy discussion for the rest of the day.

That's your response to a game shattering counter-claim like that? Nothing else? Not gonna change your vote?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

ConorT posted:

Our playstyles are different. I disagreed with your decision to claim as you did. Going in guns blazing can get you vigged. I learned that the hard way. Full claiming should not be a thing done willy-nilly, it needs to serve a greater purpose.

Also, what if you had been a JOAT that included a 1-shot jail? What if you had used the word jailed because you had a similar ability? I needed to make sure that you explicitly said that your role was jailer so that you couldn't backpedal into another claim once I countered.

ConorT posted:

On the other hand, I'm putting my thoughts to the group at whole. If anything is off or crazy about it, someone can correct me. Odds of two jailers? Slim. One of us needs to go. From there, the next logical option is to look at the jailees. With no nightkill and no claimed doctor (and I swear to goodness if there is a doctor out there DO NOT CLAIM RIGHT NOW, I am just making a point), it is pretty logical to conclude that someone who was jailed was either the killer or the kill target. It's a starting point, not an ending point.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Five posted:

Chaoslord is saying he blocked conor. Someone definitely blocked my night action and conor probably did it (unless he understood by my "I feel like a failure" post that my night action failed).

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Chaoslord is saying he blocked conor. Someone definitely blocked my night action and conor probably did it (unless he understood by my "I feel like a failure" post that my night action failed).

chaoslord posted:

So, Yes! I'm counterclaiming as town jailor. I jailed Schwein.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Uradd posted:

I'm happy to fullclaim - I'm a gunsmith, I targeted you to see if you had a gun.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm retarded

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Nah, Five put the wrong name in their post so if you had just read that it was in your mind that way. It got clarified earlier but I wanted to clarify it again just to be safe.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I will reread Schwein but I don't really need to because It's gotta be me or Schwein right? I mean we both claim failed night actions, I know it's not me, soooo..

## vote Schwein

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Right now it has to be Conor or Chaoslord. After that its you or Schwein

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Five posted:

Right now it has to be Conor or Chaoslord. After that its you or Schwein

yeah ok

##vote ConorT

He very well may have jailed me but as a scum role, or maybe he is bodyguarding uradd causing my action to fail. Meanwhile in D1 he acknowledges me only once:

ConorT posted:

Agreed about five (most active) and Schwerin, not so much uradd; he's just sorta prodded kleedrac a bit and nothing else. Giving him a pass for now since its a truncated d1. Kleedrac feels town, not sure why you've got never girls pegged at scum after only 2 posts.

So after saying that and nothing else what did I do D1 that made you think jailing me was a good move for town? question for you conor.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

LordVorbis posted:

Can't quote all the relevant posts due to, you know, phone posting, but the way does seem clear.

##vote ConorT

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

I'm at an airport bar for a little bit so can catch up.

A few initial thoughts:

1. Two town jailors seems very unlikely

2. Since posting this morning I reviewed the role of jailor on the mafia wiki and was reminded that jailing not only prevents the target's night action, but also protects the target from nightkills. For this reason, my morning assumption that nevergirls must be scum due to no night all is faulty, and ##unvote

3. Given number 2 above, I am currently unsure as between Chaos and Conor and will turn my attention to them after I eat this cheeseburger that just arrived.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

schwein11 posted:

I'm at an airport bar for a little bit so can catch up.

A few initial thoughts:

1. Two town jailors seems very unlikely

2. Since posting this morning I reviewed the role of jailor on the mafia wiki and was reminded that jailing not only prevents the target's night action, but also protects the target from nightkills. For this reason, my morning assumption that nevergirls must be scum due to no night all is faulty, and ##unvote

3. Given number 2 above, I am currently unsure as between Chaos and Conor and will turn my attention to them after I eat this cheeseburger that just arrived.

OK so theoretically could be just one guy who jailed uradd, and therefore my night action failed (uradd was in jail) and there was no kill (uradd is mafia). This would mean that conor is full of poo poo and just said he jailed me because I let slip that I had a failed night action.

Doesn't explain why whatever you do didn't work though.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Five posted:

The way I see it, the best course of action here is to lynch ConorT today and then that'll let us know if Schwein11 is scum too.

Due to the protecting aspect of jailing, this logic doesn't work.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

ConorT posted:

I jailed nevergirls last night ##vote nevergirls

This is also faulty due to protective aspect of jailing - ignorance or purposeful on part of
Conor? Hmm....

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

I admit, that mason breadcrumb is pretty obtuse and I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Five posted:

I don't understand this post at all.

• Locked thread