Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Okay I am willing to let in DBD and idk probably EXAKT Science in order to get this game going ASAP. Is this acceptable to you all? I will consider the opinions of the next three posters who are already signed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Five
Jan 6, 2009

I'm okay with it - Every reasonable effort has been made to get the Met people in first.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

EccoRaven posted:

This will be a game for 13 or so players, idk, however many sign up is probably fine.

Why not just play with 11? Keep things intimate.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Works for me

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

Okay I am willing to let in DBD and idk probably EXAKT Science in order to get this game going ASAP. Is this acceptable to you all? I will consider the opinions of the next three posters who are already signed up.

Fine by me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You should let in Hal!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Five posted:

I'm okay with it - Every reasonable effort has been made to get the Met people in first.

Agreed.

VivaNova posted:

Why not just play with 11? Keep things intimate.

I like intimacy! Let's do 11.

ConorT posted:

Works for me

Good, good.

Game begins in a few hours! Hooray!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Exakt and me would make 13

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you want to do that.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

I eagerly await the start of an 11 or 13 player game of Omerta.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
it will be 11 players but I just hurt my thumb really badly climbing my fence because I thought I locked myself out and typing is painful right now. :(

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Ok I am better now! Game goes up today!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:siren: ALL ROLE PMS ARE DISTRIBUTED. No need to post confirm, I'll assume you received it and still want to play unless I hear otherwise.

Roles look something like this:

quote:

CapnAndy - Andronicus Filamento - Sailor (town-aligned vanilla)
Oh a hidy-hidy-hidy hoe, a sailor's life is tough to hoe. Oh a hoody-hoody-hoody hee, it's still a sailor's life for me. You wanted to see the world and learn about the high seas, but you never knew how downright dangerous it could be. You have seen your share of storms and sharks and you even once thought you saw a sea drake in the distance, but pirates and traitors? That's a new thing entirely. Now you need to use your wits, your reasoning, and your gut to discover the scum in your midst so you can keep the ship safe and you can stand on dry land once again.
You are a townie! You seek to eliminate the traitors on the ship, and as such, win when all scum players are eliminated.
You have no other outstanding powers or abilities.
You are a vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Flips look something like this:

:s: CapnAndy, Andronicus Filamento, Sailor (town-aligned vanilla), was shot night 0. :s:

Game begins momentarily!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The S.S. Clarissa managed to beat back the pirates attacking her for her turquoise cargo, but the crisis wasn't over yet. The only way for the ship to have been attacked like this would be if traitors on board ratted them out. Now the crew gathers on the poop deck, ready to deal with this poo poo.

It is now Day 1!
:h: With 11 alive it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Monday, March 30th, ~11PM EST.

NOTE: normally I do weird things regarding voting. This game has no such restrictions. Just vote like normal and the robot will handle the rest.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Five posted:

My first vote is going to fall on whomever ends up being #12.

Now how can I do this? :argh:

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Probably stuck phone-posting the rest of today and most of next week due to traveling for work. We'll see how that goes.

Feeling a little rusty here.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Ahoy!

Five
Jan 6, 2009

schwein11 posted:

Probably stuck phone-posting the rest of today and most of next week due to traveling for work. We'll see how that goes.

Feeling a little rusty here.

Pretty sure by definition all of us are going to be a little rusty.

And in some cases we were never good...

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Five posted:

Of course, yeah. And I wouldn't be surprised if I were among the latter.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Schwein11 tell me what you think about this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIwzRkjn86w

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Five posted:

Let me get somewhere where I can get out my headphones and listen then I'll let you know (navigating an airport currently).

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Five posted:

I dig it - don't think I've ever heard that before. The character from whose perspective the song comes is a dirty rotten pirate however, despite his protestations to the contrary.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

Five posted:

Confirming that I have my PM and that I was also never good.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

schwein11 posted:

I dig it - don't think I've ever heard that before. The character from whose perspective the song comes is a dirty rotten pirate however, despite his protestations to the contrary.

hmmm ##vote: schwein11 Only a dirty rotten pirate would use that sort of phrasing.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Five posted:

hmmm ##vote: schwein11 Only a dirty rotten pirate would use that sort of phrasing.

Cute. Are you referring to my grammar or my choice of words?

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Uradd posted:

Confirming that I have my PM and that I was also never good.

Ecco said not to confirm, fyi.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

schwein11 posted:

Ecco said not to confirm, fyi.

Whoops. We'll just pretend I like to be extra thorough and not that I didnt see that. See, not very good.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

schwein11 posted:

Cute. Are you referring to my grammar or my choice of words?

Tell me the name of a good non-pirate sea shanty.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Five posted:

Tell me the name of a good non-pirate sea shanty.

Easy: Friggin in the Rigging

Five
Jan 6, 2009

I'm pretty sure Sid Vicious has never been on a boat before in his life.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Five posted:

I'm pretty sure Sid Vicious has never been on a boat before in his life.

Actually the Pistols played in a boat going down the Thames at least once to my knowledge. Anyway, the song is an old one, way older than the Pistols (they just played it). (It's also known as "good ship venus").

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

schwein11 posted:

Actually the Pistols played in a boat going down the Thames at least once to my knowledge. Anyway, the song is an old one, way older than the Pistols (they just played it). (It's also known as "good ship venus").

http://youtu.be/dQtoevFk8Ao

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Kleedrac posted:

Perhaps I should vote for whoever "randomly" ends up in slot #5?

I'm no liar
##Vote Look Under The Rock

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Five posted:

This rules

Five
Jan 6, 2009

It is the most metal song I know of, and its a loving sea shanty, lol

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

Agreed.

I like intimacy! Let's do 11.

Good, good.

Game begins in a few hours! Hooray!

Oops, I actually meant "letting bowmore and exact play" worked for me. Sorry guys :shobon:

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I like that they're not here because it makes the game totally metaless for me.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

I hate the first part of day one because I am never sure who isn't posting because they are lurking scum and who isn't posting because they haven't noticed the game has started, and as a consequence I would like everyone to give me their opinions of this post that I have just made.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

I'm no liar
##Vote Look Under The Rock

Tell me your favorite Sea Shanty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Five posted:

I hate the first part of day one because I am never sure who isn't posting because they are lurking scum and who isn't posting because they haven't noticed the game has started, and as a consequence I would like everyone to give me their opinions of this post that I have just made.

This is a pretty terrible run on.

• Locked thread