Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

EccoRaven posted:

it's the internet so

Sup nerds. I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Brah. Been a while.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Y'all, I no longer have a computer and I'm using Awful app for everything (unless I get really desperate and use my roommate's computer). I'm still kinda getting the hang of this thing, does anyone else use the app? Is there a way to view someone's post history in the thread or do I basically just need to make do/use my lovely browser/borrow roommate's laptop if I want to case someone?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Confirmed! If I'm still in. I'm in a bad service area right now and the thread doesn't want to load.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kleedrac posted:

I agree that lynching a lurker is sub-optimal, but right now I'm still not seeing any scum among the people chatting it up in the thread and the people I don't know about are the ones not talking.

Don't know about in which way?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

You're just not doing anything. Potentially understandable, but still.

This is incorrect -- Kleedrac got serious about a lurker lunch and then super defensive when Vorbis questioned him. He's my scum pick so far because that itemized list rubbed me the wrong way.

Awful app is pretty, well, awful for responding to multiple posts, so please forgive the fact that when I'm active I'm probably gonna make a bunch of posts in a row. Also it looks like the trend now is to tell up front why you're inactive (?) so hey y'all, I'm both in a play going into tech next week and in the process of moving to a new city, if we could put deadlines either before 5 or after 8:30 PM eastern time that would be great -- call is generally at 5:30 and my character ragequits at the end of act 1, so then I have two acts to do nothing except read/post. But in that window I won't get a chance to look at anything most likely, this continues several nights a week until May. Next post incoming.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

VivaNova posted:

Harsh considering the whole weekend thing, but I can totally see your avatar having this opinion.

##vote LUTR

Don't call something harsh and then jump on board because of like the dumbest meta reason, this is a lovely vote

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Correction, it was Five's post that I didn't like Kleedrac's response to.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kleedrac posted:

Nope, though I really hate when people call someone "try-hard" and other variants - earning 'town points' - like what does that even mean?

I agree with this Chaoslord, like I said lynching lurkers isn't optimal as aside from a role flip you've got nothing. But right now I'm not reading scum on anyone so I'm not sure what else to do.

I don't know what this means, I don't know what to do -- yes you do. There's a difference between trying hard to find scum and trying hard to get town to like you so you won't get lynched. One is good, one is bad, the difference is in nuance and if you dismiss town points seeking as scum behavior I've just gotta ask why that's okay in your book.

As for what to do -- idk, play Mafia? If nobody is reading scum, is anyone reading specifically town? Post about your confidence. Like for real we're all rusty or w/e but there's better actions than to bellyache about lack of scum options.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Five posted:

All Mafia aside, Congrats and break a leg.

Thanks, this show is pretty fraught, it runs so long that none of the cast can make all the dates so every role is double cast and there's gonna be like six different iterations of who's on stage. Also my roomie and I are both in it as of last week because two people dropped out (two and a half weeks before open with the argument that this production isn't professional enough for them, wtf). It's annoying but it'll be my last show at the theatre for a while (because moving) so it's kinda bittersweet.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kleedrac posting "I'm generating discussion" and then "I'd rather lynch lurkers than someone generating discussion" reads to me like scum "hey guys let's vote anyone but me!"

Even apart from the scumminess of naming your own behavior and saying you don't want to lynch people behaving that way, "generating discussion" is a smoke screen. Getting people to talk is not inherently townie, in fact scum use that tactic to distract from a lack of scum hunting all the time.

##vote: Kleedrac best option. Hopefully I don't gently caress up my tags too badly this game.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Five posted:

By the by, is this your go-to-strategy? Accuse everyone who thinks you're suspicious of misreading you on purpose when what you're actually posting is confusing and wishy washy?

It's not confusing or wishy washy, it's straight up saying "this is a bad option but I'm gonna do it anyway" -- he's distancing from the thing he's pushing.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kleedrac posted:

In case my position isn't clear ...

If you think I'm scummy then that's fine - I don't want to protect anyone making posts - I want to protect people who are adding to discussion over those who are not - unless the people adding to discussion are scummy.

Yes, but you mentioned wanting to protect those people like maybe one post after mentioning you're one of them. That's an awesome combination of point seeking plus self protection.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

VivaNova posted:

I think you might be being too harsh on kleedac.

Why?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

I never ever said I was sure. Nevergirls just hasn't posted much, just as you say. I personally like lurker lynches D1; the opposite reasoning is that we should lynch someone who generates a lot of discussion D1 because then we can look at interactions, but the thing is, the lurkers will still have no interactions into D2 and maybe D3. That sucks. Yeah, those of us who post will have plenty to pore through, but scum likely won't night kill lurkers either, because they make their job really easy. Kill the lurkers now and when we're closer to lylo we can actually make cases.

That's how I feel at least.

No

Also there's that "generating discussion" poo poo again

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

Care to expand? You want lurkers to stick around?

I think "kill all lurkers and make cases later" is a pretty dangerous game

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Five posted:

Meant to post this earlier but I can support a Conner lynch today as well.

I like Viva's post about Conor but I got a scum ping from Viva earlier so I'm taking it with a grain of salt -- could be distancing from a buddy, I'm gonna read back through the thread in a bit but I'm entering the dead zone where I need to be onstage, so it'll be a bit.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Five posted:

I've personally got a townie feeling for viva so far. I don't think I'd support a case against them

It's not enough to lynch on but my gut went off with that "I'm gonna take credit for dragging you in, I like your posts" post which felt way overly buddy.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kleedrac posted:

Yeah, you aren't wrong that I'm reacting poorly - I was day 1 lynched in 2 games since coming back and this is game 3 - I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong to be honest and this is part of why I got frustrated and quit forum-mafia till now lol. If I'm to be the day one sacrifice so be it - you can probably stand a mis-lynch or two (unlike two-axis mafia that lynched me and put themselves in lylo) Can those of you who think I'm scum explain why? Is it because I'm defensive?

It might be because your posts are all over the place. First you're like "I got so frustrated with being lynched day one that I quit for a while" which feels like you're asking for pity, then you throw in a lynch dare with "I'll be the sacrifice but it'll be a mislynch" and equate people who lynch you with scum (??) Then you ask for an explanation of why, but everyone voting you has said why. Go back and read the posts, it's a specific kind of defensiveness.

I get lynched early a lot because I'm a very aggressive player, and I get how frustrating it is. But this is a mopey post -- just do some more, effective scum hunting, generate more than "content/discussion" which is pretty much nothing more than a distraction until it actually leads to something. That's tough on day one, but you can do better than this.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I'm good with my vote on Kleedrac after his post about everyone else in the thread. Chaoslord tops his scum list while his argument boils down to lack of CONTENT. it feels desperate. Like please lynch anyone who isn't me, but he's trying to push a new case that isn't very strong and is needing to fabricate reasons for a lynch.

He thinks Viva is town and mentions Viva is one of very few harping on his playstyle. He's not thinking about the game, he's thinking about survival. He mentions no suspicion of Viva at all because Viva isn't a threat to him.

I'm home now and will be checking in from here until deadline but I don't see myself moving my vote.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kleedrac posted:

This seems rather flail-y to me - but I worry it's too close to the deadline. I should be around right up until deadline so for now I'll move my vote:
##Vote Chaoslord

That was not a flail.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Nice softclaim kleed

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

VivaNova posted:

This post feel like you already decided Klee is scum and are looking for supporting evidence. Is that the case? You can say yes if it is, it will help me read you.

I've voted Kleedrac and he has continued to post poo poo. I have the strongest scum read on him and I've explained why, and I will openly admit that I am super vulnerable to confirmation bias, but for real read the posts I'm responding to and tell me I'm wrong. He seems really scummy and has gotten worse with his defense.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

VivaNova posted:

wut.

I am also SO loving TIRED qq

Says he's a town power role and asks if he should claim.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

(Hint: if you're saying "I'm a power role" then that's a claim and which role doesn't really matter at that point)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Viva is rubbing me the wrong way. I've never played with her before and it may just be a playstyle thing but apart from the buddy stuff, there are a couple posts where it feels like she wants other people to do all the work. I've seen little of substance from her.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

VivaNova posted:

There's like 40 mins left man, I'm dead tired, I can't read everything and I resent the suggestion I haven't done anything worthwhile! schwein just asked me to vote uradd and I don't even remember why anyone is voting uradd.

Give me a list of useful things you've done and I'll apologize

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

For real though if "I'm tired" is a legit excuse for not participating then i should be lynch immune for the rest of the game because there is not a moment of the day that I'm not tired

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

After you asked me to look over those 4 players, I realized Uradd was scummier than I remember. Klee just claimed, if he is for real he'll either be NK'd or be able to tell us what he did tomorrow. If he isn't we can come back to this.

##vote Uradd

I don't like this. "We can come back to this" is harder than it sounds. This is exactly why softclaiming works as a scum tactic.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Uradd posted:

Im here for the deadline, Im not 100% sold on klee tbh but hes the only viable option right now it looks like so ##vote: kleedrac putting that there and im going to read everything again

Oh geez way to make me question everything thanks pal

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm sold on kleedrac like I said earlier; if after your reread you dont' want to switch to uradd I'll move my vote to kleedrac so we can hammer and go to sleep

It's hard to check back in the app so maybe you already said this but if you're sold on Kleedrac why are you voting uradd?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

It's late, I had a poo poo night, I'll read/post tomorrow but for tonight I just want to say that Schwein's play as Kleedrac picked up steam left a bad taste in my mouth. He wanted anyone lynched besides Kleed, trying to organize votes on uradd and chaoslord. He's my pick today so far. I'll come back to this after I've gotten some sleep.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

schwein11 posted:

Kleedrac just didn't strike me as scum, I was obviously wrong.

You were straight up trying to organize a different lynch once he picked up steam, on uradd who hadn't been around, and then when uradd showed up you tried to swing him toward chaoslord. Your actions don't make sense for "didn't strike me as scum" they make sense for "priority is to not lynch Kleedrac"

I agree with those saying that one of the claimed jailors is the best lynch today but there's plenty of time before deadline and I'd love more discussion of that last hour before Kleedrac was lynched.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Five posted:

He's claiming that Chaoslord is lying, therefore Conor blocked Nevergirls, therefore nevergirls is scum because no night kill.

More likely scenario is Chaoslord is telling the truth, blocked Conor, no night kill. The best way to test this is to lynch Conor and if he is scum we then lynch Schweinn11. If Conor turns out to be town we then lynch Chaoslord.

I get the logic here but it's a little chain lynch-y for my tastes

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Would like to encourage everyone to re-read Schwein today as at end of day 1 he stuck out as scummiest and now his confirmation of being jailed is part of what we're judging lynch criteria on. My summary is that he posted twice (after PMs went out I think) saying he's rusty and a bad player -- sets up an excuse for slips later. Then when Kleedrac starts taking heat he discusses everyone surrounding that case, gets critical of a bunch of people, but says he "doesn't see" the Kleedrac case. After he comes back from dinner there's a couple attempts to swing the lynch another way. Clearly never even considers voting Kleedrac to the point where he was actively pushing another lynch candidate without a strong case. It reads to me like panic.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

chaoslord posted:

There is a chance (although I think it's slim) that schwein was the target and Never just got roleblocked, which would leave the third scum amongst, well, everyone else (outside of the masons).

I don't generally like trying to figure out who scum might target but given the way the Kleedrac lynch went down I really can't see scum thinking Schwein would be the best kill. If he's town he was acting in their best interests.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

VivaNova posted:

I have a hard time seeing beyond the double jailor claim, and conor comes off worse.

preview: yeah^^

This exactly. I'm both concerned by and susceptible to the focus on this claim-nado, it's making it difficult to scum hunt.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Legit asking, so I won't comment on the game further -- are we to assume that if votefinder hasn't posted a witty comment about someone being lynched, that it actually wasn't hammer? Idk that I've played a game where there was an account for votefinder.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

schwein11 posted:

How was I "pretty scummy most of day 1"? And how does Conor being a roleblocker make me scum?

Are you kidding me with this

Like go read yesterday again and then come talk, don't come in here and act like nobody's explained this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

Question: would the NK happen before or after a night action? I'm assuming after.

Last I checked, most mods resolve kills last.

• Locked thread