Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Paper Lion, I'm curious: why Brain Powered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

SRW is kinda cheating, really.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Theoretically there is the 'win' scenario which is backtracking to before the Exodus begins and making sure you stock up enough medical supplies. More than enough, even.

But that moment's gone and you have to work with what you got.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The last few pages suddenly reminded of reading the discussions around The Cold Equations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Goku was never portrayed as some paragon of virtue that people should seek to emulate, though. He's friendly and good-natured, but that's explicitly shown to be not the same as having a strong moral centre, and the manga does note some of his actions are bad/wrong/reckless.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Clawshrimpy posted:

Except when he hit rossiu and forced a Kamina speech down his throat you mean.

Yeah, why can't a man be left to commit suicide in peace

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

On a more serious note you're kinda picking isolated incidents out of context instead of looking at the entirety of a person's character and motivations. I really don't think that's good for discussion.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Clawshrimpy posted:

I was forced to sympathize with him because after what happened to Simon, there were no characters left to sympathize with.

You seem to be sympathising with Rossiu because of qualities he lacks, not because of any qualities he actually possesses. That seem like a backwards way of going about things.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

As opposed to... Rossiu? The guy who deliberately threw Simon under the bus as a scapegoat?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'Slong as we're listing shows I wonder what he'd think of Tentai Senshi Sunred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Clawshrimpy posted:

But they just wrap what might be good intentions in terrible methods. Team Gurren honestly is no less morally questionable than the Exodus is.

Clawshrimpy, I believe everyone in this thread is well aware by now that you don't think highly of the TTGL main crew. You don't need to repeat that. They are asking for specific examples why.

• Locked thread