Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Wombat and The Bulldozer will of course be at the meeting for they are loyal soldiers of the MSF

Burnside however will be elsewhere, probably at the Dockyard, performing pre-flight mechanical checks on his helicopter before he does his cargo shipping rounds for the day.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Bulldozer and Wombat - The Base

"Awight' What's the fuckin' plan then boss, we ride up on this c*** and gun him down?" Said Wombat

"The Bulldozer, recommends, that we find him first. The Bulldozer, feels that our efforts should be to that end. Then, The Bulldozer recommends shooting him until he stops moving." The Bulldozer replied, checking his gun.

"Till he is just meaty chunks?"

"No, The Bulldozer thinks, that if we brought the Snake back in that state, then the Bulldozer and you will be better suited to throwing ourselves off a cliff, then facing Solidus."

"Ah right yeah, Replacement heart and all that poo poo. So where ya wanna go first?"

"It is best, we cover the areas that would best suit our purposes. You should guard the radio tower to our south. The Bulldozer in the meantime, will make sure that our honored guest remains, unharmed."

Wombat is going to take on guard detail at the Southern Radio Tower, and The Bulldozer will go and guard the hostage

Burnside - The Dockyard

All parts accounted for, the guns are loaded, the helicopter is fueled, the checks have been made (And made again, you can never be too sure with old soviet merchandise). He reached for the radio in the cockpit

"This is Burnside, the chopper is ready for a sweep, gonna do sweep of the northern most tower. I got space for one more if anyone wants to check it out, any takers?"

Georgie's gonna take the chopper to the northern part of the island, see if he can spot any vessels trying to make landfall on the beach or on the northern tower. He also is offering a free ride to anyone nearby, any takers?

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 24, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wombat - The Base > Southern Radio Tower

"gently caress yeah I'm down. Walking is for chodes, let's roll."

I choose Wombat, to the Southern Radio tower, with the Motorcycle Cyborg.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 24, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

(It was Wombat heading to the Southern Tower whilst hitching a ride on Motorhead, Bulldozer was heading to the Prison)

Wombat and Motorhead - Southern Radio Tower

"And we are here! Never fear the god drat motherfucking Wombat is here, hide your wife and hide your kids"

Said Wombat, to no one in particular. Looking around and seeing no one else here but Motorhead, he just shrugged, got his gun ready.

"Wombat tagging in, beginning patrol routine."

Nothing fancy here, Wombat is gonna do his job. Probably badly, it's what he does but he will do it anyway.

The Bulldozer - Prison

Meanwhile two soldiers were having a smoke break by the door to the Prison

"Sooo, who else we got, we got that 'Sephiroph' guy, a couple of soldiers from Sector B, anyone else heading in?"
"Well I heard we're getting that Bulldozer guy."
"Bulldozer Guy? What Bulldozer guy?"
His companion sighed, "Okay look, you'll know him if he shows up but just-"

And then the doors were kicked off their hinges, sending both of the on duty guards flying. Enter the Bulldozer.

"FINALLY! THE BULLDOZER, HAS RETURNED, TO THE PRISON COMPLEX!"
"Dude what the gently caress, we just fixed those doors the last time you did that!"
"The Bulldozer Apologises, Perhaps you would share what you think"
"I thi-"
"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK." He yelled, swaggering off to go stand watch over the prisoner. Leaving a bewildered entrance full of guards in his wake.

The Bulldozer does his Bulldozer thing. Kicks the door in, shouts a lot, and then he will go and quietly stand guard over the hostage.

Burnside - Northern Radio Tower

Burnside does what he does normally on these days, do a sweep around the Northern Tower for any sign of any infiltrators, drop off any requested supplies and head back for the next pick up. Today it just seemed to be the former, and waiting was making him antsy.

He didn't seem to find any infiltrators yet, what he did see though was what seemed to be an entire naval blockade creeping steadily closer to their island. Burnside wouldn't lie, it made him really extremely nervous about his prospects today. Particularly his prospects of getting out of here with his hide intact, and preferably not getting tried as a war criminal, that would be swell too.

He found himself ruminating about the reasons he took this job. The pay was better then anything he would receive otherwise, most soldiers spent it on booze, guns or gambling, but Burnside had plans. He was saving up his cheques for one thing and one thing only, getting a little house by the seaside and living out his days in peace. Maybe even a dog, he was always a big fan of Labradors his aunt always kept a bunch of 'em. The memory made him feel comfortable, but the crackle of the radio bought him back to reality.

When he was just doing helicopter work for a group of dudes who looked kinda shifty it was fine, he would do his bit and do whatever they wanted him to do, and then when all was said on done he would stash his pay for safe keeping and keep on saving, it was a system he was okay with and it helps him ignore that nagging voice that always pestered him with 'Why are we gathering so much old Soviet armaments on this tiny island?'. But then recently, well everything started getting out of hand, it started with the shooting of UN Inspection Teams and now it seems to be ending with staring down the barrel of a freaking full scale navy embargo from what honestly looked like the entire world.

"So much for my retirement plan... Maybe I should consider a career change."

It was when the Northern Comms tower went down that he realized that now was not the time to self-reflect. Now was the time for action.

Look for snakes, feel doubt, begin to sink into regret. Burnside can wallow in terrible terrible decisions later, for now he still has a job to do. The moment someone gives the word on the guy's position Burnside is taking off to rain down death from above. Well more likely moderate inconvenience from above but you get the idea.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 27, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Burnside

"poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, poo poo!"

Burnside was under no impression that small arms fire could destroy the helicopter. But it could destroy him and that was something he wished to avoid, so when the gunfire from the trees was directed away from him, he very carefully attempted to climb into the helicopter, keeping his head down as much as possible.

"Keep it cool Georgie, it's only an armed gunman, what can go wrong"

Attempting to take off. I think I roll finesse for that, Helicopter Pilot cancels out the -1 penalty so I am rolling 4 dice. 4#1d8 = 6, 4, 3, 8

Gerogie stretched and contorted to try and start up the helicopter from a prone position on the seats, but he couldn't quite reach the controls. Hearing the wizzing sounds of bullets, Burnside immediately ducked back behind the helicopter as another salvo strafed his way for his attempt.

He tuned into his radio. "This is Burnside, I can't get the chopper off the ground whilst this guy is pinning me, requesting assistance!"

I'm not 100% sure how a Kill Scene works, could you give a brief summery if you have the chance?

The Bulldozer

The Bulldozer arrives to take over the guard shift as expected, and he looks rearing to kick rear end. Hearing the sounds of conflict to the south is getting him amped up and rearing to kick rear end. But he had a job to do, so he has to wait.

Bulldozer is gonna hold his position, nothing more to it then that. The hostage is in his cell and nothing at all seems out of the ordinary, why would he need to look otherwise?

Wombat

"Well let's hold here for the moment then" said Wombat, taking a pull of cheap liquor from his flask.

"Maybe if we are really lucky one of the redshirts will get him." He took another sweep of the southern radio tower.

Rolling to look for shenanigans that might happen here. 4#1d10 = 3, 5, 1, 2

"Bah" he said, reaching for his radio, "Wombat here, sector is still clear."

• Locked thread