Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ultimo Gro. is the best abbreviation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Since I started watching CMLL I have noticed that all three weekly shows are 6 trios matches almost every time and I had no idea who any titleholders were at all in the whole fed. Turns out the CMLL champion is Maximo Sexy who has held the title for 673 days.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mob posted:

Since I started watching CMLL I have noticed that all three weekly shows are 6 trios matches almost every time and I had no idea who any titleholders were at all in the whole fed. Turns out the CMLL champion is Maximo Sexy who has held the title for 673 days.

Don't smack talk Maximo Sexy

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm not he's my third favorite CMLL star after Fuego and Kemonito

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I feel like I've asked this before but how actually popular is Cibernetico? He's the only Mexican wrestler I've ever seen people wearing shirts for where I live. Is he actually liked or is he just popular among my cities substantial population of teenage Mexican goths.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

He was in the 1997 Royal Rumble and is still wrestling so I'm gonna guess pretty popular

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mob posted:

CMLL's booking process involves everyone showing up and putting their names in a hat.

BOOK LLUVIA MORE DAMMIT

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

CMLL's booking process involves everyone showing up and putting their names in a hat.

BOOK LLUVIA MORE DAMMIT

it also involves being the son in law of el satanico

:smith:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tonight's CMLL card at 9:30 EST. It'll be nice to watch again after missing a couple weeks.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/809095249289101312

ahahahahahahah

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/809099493174022145

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 14, 2016

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

https://youtu.be/Ko2wNEo4k60

I don't know if this has been posted, but this was a bonkers match

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

super macho dude posted:

https://youtu.be/Ko2wNEo4k60

I don't know if this has been posted, but this was a bonkers match

It's in my top 10 matches in 2016. Canis Lupus proposed to his girlfriend at the post match promo. Awesome stuff.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the pre-show from DTU's iPPV this week is free and the first match is a 6-man tag with 10 year olds wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR0VUtu7dMw&t=468s

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 18, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60UiH5CmzsQ

Oh, and tomorrow's Arena Mexico card:

I believe if Caristico wins the main event UG is supposed to agree to his demand for an apuestas match.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

two Fridays in a row with no Fuego es no bueno

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Ligerfever on twitter and co host on the luchatalk podcast put together a playlist of the best matches in lucha in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIsRqe-vJk_tfZ60hGI9H_HOFhnwe7-Cn

Extremely good playlist that's worth your time checking out.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

40 minutes til showtime

Will they steal my beautiful Maximo's hair tonight

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I confused today's show with that really fun looking Friday night card I missed but still CMLL is showing in a half an hour on YouTube

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mob posted:

40 minutes til showtime

Will they steal my beautiful Maximo's hair tonight

:)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tonight's show looks really good, catch this one if you can

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Wait who the hell is Mistico I thought he was Caristico

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's mistico 2, mistico 1 is caristico. mistico 2 is the brother of rush and dragon lee i think

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mob posted:

Wait who the hell is Mistico I thought he was Caristico

Mistico is a wrestler trained by a wrestling priest

The first one in CMLL was Sin Cara and then when he left was Myzteziz and then Caristico in AAA before he jumped back to CMLL

The second and current Mistico is the brother of Rush and Dragon Lee

The non CMLL Mistico is in WWE where he wrestled as Hunico and is now Sin Cara.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

As mentioned Mistico II, Dragon Lee, and Rush are brothers. Their dad is the current Pierroth, and after being a Puerto Rican in kayfabe for quite a while they finally dropped the gimmick and he's now the third guy in Los Ingobernables tho he kept the name.

By the way for those who didn't know Puma and Tiger are Negro Casas' nephews and Blue Panther jr and The Panther are the legit sons of Blue Panther. I thought it would've been cool for Puma and Tiger's dad Felino to be in the match instead to make it two complete father and sons cat trios, but Fredo Esparza told me that the Casas trio is challenging for one of the secondary trios titles (Negro Casas is better than Felino anyway tbh)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this show is fun so far

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that was a great show

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

cmll is good

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
For real. Hopefully the put on more cards like that. Next Friday is likely gonna be a rough show.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I love these old motherfuckers going from the world's laziest irish whips and armdrags to better suicide dives than Ambrose

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Not as exciting as last week's show, but Friday night with CMLL is a good night. :toot:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
a ton of their best guys are in japan and puma and tiger still aren't on this show lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Spermgod posted:

a ton of their best guys are in japan and puma and tiger still aren't on this show lol

For what it's worth (not much), Tiger is on the Sunday and Tuesday shows, and Puma is on Tuesday's.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Not as exciting as last week's show, but Friday night with CMLL is a good night. :toot:

Tonight is Okada/Omega on AXS with good old JR and almost TNA champion Josh Barnett announcing.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Still no Fuego gd it

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
not to say they stand no chance of being good, but the Friday shows this and next week are kind of a write off for me while Fantasticamania is on. after that i hope we get more shows in the vein of last week's show (we won't).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren: Mini Batista vs Mini Cena :siren:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

more proof there is no dignified way to wear a clown nose

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I enjoyed this match from last Tuesday 1/10: Dragón Lee, Stuka Jr., Titán vs Ephesto, Hechicero, Niebla Roja
Match starts at 1:17:30 if the timestamp doesn't work. Hechicero is real good, and there's more meat in the early falls than many of the current day CMLL trios matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/wrestlewords/status/823058229244661760
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/823058349809876992