Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that explains why Dalys was eating sushi with Nodoka, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

The PPV numbers [for AAA Invading NY] were so low you wouldn’t believe them. In more than one market with a high percentage of Hispanics, there were 0 buys, as in not a low number, but zero. Based on actual numbers we have, it would indicate less than 60 buys nationwide and even that may be high because the early market actuals included heavy Hispanic markets. There must have been some iPPV numbers, but our response level was very low.

quote:

Between visa problems and injuries, there were 18 wrestlers and referees that were listed as appearing in original announcements who weren’t there. La Parka, in particular was a part of all the advertising and was never mentioned. In all, 20 visas didn’t come through by the time of the show, even though they were applied for months ago. All 20 were expected to come in this week, and those wrestlers will be available for Los Angeles.

Others who at one point were scheduled on the show were Amazing Red, Dezmond Xavier and Homicide.

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 19, 2019

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Would've been cool to see Red.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

US visa system stil continues to be the biggest heel in professional wrestling

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

In more than one market with a high percentage of Hispanics, there were 0 buys, as in not a low number, but zero.

NO BUYS~!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

King.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanted to see the aaa thingie but gently caress giving Tna any kind of attention.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1177277618162470912

Audaz, Rey Cometa and Stigma vs Misterioso Jr, Tiger and Virus
Diamante Azul, Dulce Gardenia and Titan vs Hechicero, Hijo del Villano III and Rey Bucanero
Metalica defends the Mexican National women's title against Dalys
Angel de Oro, Mephisto and Niebla Roja vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero and Soberano Jr
Microman vs Chamuel in a mask vs mask match
Cuatrero, Forastero and Sanson defend the Mexican National trios titles against Caristico, Mistico and Valiente
Ultimo Guerrero, Big Daddy Yum Yum, Negro Casas, Barbaro Cavernario, Volador Jr, Gilbert el Boricua and Ciber The Main Man in a 7-man cage match; five men can escape, last two in the ring have a regular match, loser loses their hair

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Will it be ROH’s commentary dorks providing the English?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dragon Lee is not being booked by CMLL, probably as a punishment for working BOLA against AAA guys.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Can't link cause on phone but apparently Lee and Rush will have an announcement on YouTube of news on Monday and welp that could be big.

Edit: Home and here's the Link - https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1177602259758276608

Also read the CMLL section of the Observer cause it has some big info

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 28, 2019

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1177814884354084864?s=19

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna laugh so much if the La Park/Rush blow off match happens on an indepedent show or in AAA

CMLL what are you doing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1177823064165236736

Yeah that's not a good look for Mistico being happy and staying there

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
CMLL say THEY fired RUSH and Dragon Lee. RUSH is now going by El Toro Blanco on lucha indies. Lot of lucha fans suspecting its because of Dragon Lee working AAA dude and BOLA instead of the CMLL show yesterday, RUSH probably the same because they're petty. Luchablog speculating that Dragon Lee will be Toro Rojo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Místico may still be under contract for now but he may not be there long. He's wanted a gimmick change for a while. He doesn't get the lucrative bookings like his other two brothers so maybe he can't afford to leave quite yet

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pinche Rudo posted:

Místico may still be under contract for now but he may not be there long. He's wanted a gimmick change for a while. He doesn't get the lucrative bookings like his other two brothers so maybe he can't afford to leave quite yet

dave says he also doesnt have a visa

edit: dragon lee is PISSED

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1177841041703092225

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 28, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
CMLL has really hosed up last night it seems. The supposed Fite.tv stream for 86th Aniversario never happened and was pushed back to tomorrow and as far as it seems not streamed. CMLL put it all up on youtube for free. https://twitter.com/alanjulson/status/1177844906343030790

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What the gently caress is CMLL even doing :psyduck:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
New CMLL owner seems to have no chill.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
cat woke me up five minutes ago and this was the first thing i saw, what the gently caress lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maybe this isn't the best time to post it given this news, but just throwing in a cheap shill for Rowdy Ringsports' Top Ten favorite active wrestlers thread, which stops taking submissions after midnight on September 30th. Lucha wrestlers are pretty lowly represented at the moment.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

New CMLL owner seems to have no chill.
:hmmyes:

But seriously, what the gently caress are they doing?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

frankenfreak posted:

:hmmyes:

But seriously, what the gently caress are they doing?

their owner of 30 years passed away a couple months ago at this point and no one has any real loyalty to his daughter Sofia, who took over

There's been a lot of friction with RUSH for his outside bookings for a while and Paco's passing may have finally broken that relationship, and Dragon Lee is his younger brother

Not sure where Mistico (the third sibling) shakes out in this, but I can't imagine he's long for the company.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 28, 2019

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

if Sofia keeps pissing off her talent like this, what are the chances of (a) half their roster jumping ship to AAA (b) the current crop of main eventers doing a Misawa and forming the Mexican NOAH with most of the roster (c) something else happening that fucks over CMLL in its current state

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Venomous posted:

if Sofia keeps pissing off her talent like this, what are the chances of (a) half their roster jumping ship to AAA (b) the current crop of main eventers doing a Misawa and forming the Mexican NOAH with most of the roster (c) something else happening that fucks over CMLL in its current state

to be honest I probably shouldn't have just said Sofia, she's the easiest one to point to because that's who they're presenting as the owner. the backstage office is a mess and has been a mess for a while as Paco had been sick for a while,, but still kept it mostly together

the main event talent probably wont leave other than maybe Mistico right now, but the lower talent is probably more likely to leave

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Mistico has the problem that he doesn't have a cushy ROH deal like Rush or the New Japan/PWG cred Dragon Lee has, so with a new mask it's tough to get booked. Especially without the international visas.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2019/09/28/como-estaz-6x6-dejan/ Cubsfan's podcast on the situation

CMLL's basically screwed in their current partnerships; New Japan doesn't need Fantasticamania, and ROH already have Rush on a contract so all they need to change is the name (which other companies have already booked him under a new name). They lack leverage, and CMLL talent make very good money in ROH
CMLL will be fine financially, they're self-sufficient and profitable, but they're in a very tough situation now because there aren't as many guys left that are top tier talents and they aren't looking to bring in anybody at that level right now. And they've just lost Rush, Dragon Lee, and potentially more
The fallout could be huge. Could possibly be the catalyst for the end of the ROH-CMLL deal, and maybe even the NJPW-CMLL deal
Rush plans to release a video soon explaining why he quit in detail. The original plan was to release it Monday but the fallout from all this could have changed the schedule
Rush is good friends with Diamante Azul, Vangelis, and some others who are affiliated with his family. Many of them may leave if Rush can get them booked in the US regularly
CMLL's mistrust for companies outside Mexico is much bigger as a result. Possible that they might pull talent from the British J Cup and elsewhere
CMLL and Lutteroth are going to see Rush quitting the same way Paco Alonzo, the original owner, would've: An American company came along, negotiated a talent exchange deal, and then used it to sign top talent who would then leave Mexico. Paco Alonzo hated doing business with Americans because this happened all the time in Mexico
People are very angry behind the scenes and want change

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 28, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

According to this weeks Observer the main person backstage causing the friction is Lutteroth as he was the one to cut payments to wrestlers and demand more of a cut from US bookings

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I suppose Mistico could go with his brothers' pattern and make himself El Toro Azul or something, which could help make it clear 'this is those other dudes' brother'. Lee also needs to rethink his new name, because as funny as the 'he doesn't need wings!' jokes will be for the first couple weeks, it's gonna get old real fast.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Mistico is really in an interesting place because with that gimmick I think he’ll always get pushed. But the fans seem to never really get behind him and there’s the obvious Caristico comparison there. Taking the risk and leaving and resetting might be best for him; I think he’s the youngest brother?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

All of this is going to end up with Police Man main eventing Arena Mexico

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

All of this is going to end up with Police Man main eventing Arena Mexico

:tinfoil: So MRT is behind it all?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

No more Fantasticamania is an absolute crime.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

The fallout could be huge. Could possibly be the catalyst for the end of the ROH-CMLL deal, and maybe even the NJPW-CMLL deal

Possibly stupid question: if the NJPW-CMLL deal falls apart, what happens to Los Ingobernables de Japon? Does NJPW own the copyright to that particular name, and would they continue using the name if they're not involved with CMLL?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

This is probably the biggest shock to CMLL since Peña splintered off and started AAA, so basically three decades. CMLL in the long run will probably be fine financially as they own their arenas so they rake in huge profits on every show since they get all the money for souvenirs and concessions while not having to pay rental fees. But this is still a huge shock and it sounds like they are squeezing payments to talent which is a terrible idea especially given the lucha libre Renaissance we've seen in the US. Luchadores now have a lot more options if they can get a visa.

If Sofia is shrewd this could be the catalyst she needs to clean house backstage and fire the old guard and replace them with her own people because it sounds like the luchadores are so frustrated that they may accept a full on regime change.

Meanwhile AAA is sitting in the corner laughing and popping champagne and waving money at the CMLL talent to get them to come over.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Toro Rojo is really bad, why not keep the word Dragon at least

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous posted:

Possibly stupid question: if the NJPW-CMLL deal falls apart, what happens to Los Ingobernables de Japon? Does NJPW own the copyright to that particular name, and would they continue using the name if they're not involved with CMLL?

I believe it's unaffected in New Japan, aside from essentially being meaningless; there will be a single member of Los Ingobernables still employed in CMLL, the stable there will be dead, there will be no replacement members. New Japan will have a Japan stable version of nothing, that can't and won't have a reunion, with or without the relationship continuing. Dragon Lee (or whatever he's called now) won't join because he's in a feud with Hiromu if/when Hiromu ever comes back, and Rush (or whatever he's called now) isn't coming to Japan because he doesn't want to come to Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

if cmll fires whoever makes the posters i'm out