Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

looks like they replaced Myzteziz with Low Ki too. That looks like a really fun card

omg I was scratching my head at who the hell "Law Kid" was but I figured he was just some local indie guy they got in an emergency. Makes total sense though. I mean, who better to replace a headcase who burns bridges with a different promotion every couple years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Apparently Alex De La Iglesia is reviving the Santo movie franchise.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Posted it in the questions thread, but might as well ask here. Where is the best place to get a good-quality Lucha mask?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Posted it in the questions thread, but might as well ask here. Where is the best place to get a good-quality Lucha mask?

Either here http://www.mtzwear.com/eng/

or Highspots

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Nice. That site seems to have a pretty good sale going on.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hardly a surprise but AAA formally announced that Myzteziz is gone but they own the trademark on the name:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

per STRIGGA on twitter Alberto cancelled his bookings in Germany at the last minute. He wanted the promoter to book him a new overseas flight 6 days out and they told him to gently caress off

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

per STRIGGA on twitter Alberto cancelled his bookings in Germany at the last minute. He wanted the promoter to book him a new overseas flight 6 days out and they told him to gently caress off

Dude's gettin' a rep as a flake, he better be careful

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

not every promoter has WWE or Carter money, Alberto. Maybe you should organize your personal life better.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the very prestigious Myzteziz gimmick

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've enjoyed his post-WWE work but he seems to be kind of losing his poo poo mentally.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

epitasis posted:

the very prestigious Myzteziz gimmick

Wasn't he Sin Cara when he couldn't be Myzteziz on Mexican indies

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
(xpost from the njpw thread because oops)

haha please let there be a Myzteziz II

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
He's going as Ex Mistico it seems in CMLL.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

epitasis posted:

i am interested to hear why you think he would go by sin cara in cmll but not aaa, did you mean mistico?

I remember CMLL buying the trademark for the name and mask in Mexico a while back.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/6/15/2226054/cmll-trademarks-sin-cara-name-mask-in-mexico-to-block-a-post-wwe-run

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He claims on twitter that the promoter tried to screw him on travel arrangements and didn't get him a work permit:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bustin' for Business Class

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
This is gonna be batshit insane and I can't wait for it.

If you're unfamiliar with him, he's like Guillermo del Toro's manic, sleazy younger brother.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Luigi Thirty posted:

He claims on twitter that the promoter tried to screw him on travel arrangements and didn't get him a work permit:

If the best you can do is say screenshots are easy to falsify, you are grasping at straws pretty badly.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

This is gonna be batshit insane and I can't wait for it.

If you're unfamiliar with him, he's like Guillermo del Toro's manic, sleazy younger brother.

Oh I know his stuff very well, I am so hyped for this. Loved Witching and Bitching and My Big Night.

Speaking of Del Toro, the lucha vampire hunter movie (Silva) he's been wanting to be made for years might actually happen now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can respect not wanting to fly coach but wXw seems a little more organized than what ADR is claiming.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

North American talent has been flying to wXw for years now and I can't think of a single issue I've ever heard about regarding anyone working over there. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard less than stellar reviews from guys who went on tours over there.

That coupled with Alberto thinking economy plus is sub-human is enough to let me know where the truth lies here.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

North American talent has been flying to wXw for years now and I can't think of a single issue I've ever heard about regarding anyone working over there. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard less than stellar reviews from guys who went on tours over there.

wXw has brought in guys from pretty much all over the world, including legends like Misawa, Kobashi, Akiyama, Skayde, Suzuki, and essentially every major name that meant anything on the US Indies over the past 15 years, not to mention having some of the best Junior tournaments during that time, and there rarely ever were any complaints.

And now they are suddenly all bad? Strongly doubt that. Anyway, here is what wXw had to say:
http://www.wxw-wrestling.com/pages/posts/alberto-el-patron-haelt-vereinbarte-matches-am-wochenende-nicht-ein-2419.php

quote:

AEP doesn't partake to agreed upon matches on the weekend.

With great regrets we at wXw and SWE have to inform you that AEP will not perceive his bookings in Europe.

We fixed these days in December 2014 after his annulation for Superstars of Wrestling and booked flights with a specific airlines from a specific city in Economy Plus. Management is in possession of respective screenshots.

On Saturday Alberto's manager wrote and 6 days away from the event in Switzerland demanded a Business Class seat from a small Mexican state - Price for this flight as of this point is around $7,000.

Of course we referred to our preexisting agreement and offered to cancel the flight, pay the cancellation fee to ADR and let him or his management book a flight using his frequent flyer miles. His manger rejected the offer and decided that AEP as well as El Hijo de Dos Caras would not partake their bookings in Bern on 16.10 and in Mannheim on 17.10. despite existance of the agreed flights.

Although this is outside of our control, we would like to apologize to all you wrestling fans - a collaboration with this wrestler and this management is ruled out for us in the future.
$7,000 sounds about normal for Business Class 6 days out on a transatlantic flight, but it's still a large sum for a wrestling fed, especialls if the previously agreed upon economy flight was probably below $1,000.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gently caress alberto

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alberto's shoot right after he got fired/quit is a hilarious display of egomania

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A man worshiped by all Mexicans made to fly economy????

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://twitter.com/TheSinCaraWWE/status/653733629529489408

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

(xpost from the njpw thread because oops)

haha please let there be a Myzteziz II

Dave Meltzer posted:

Myzteziz is owned by AAA, which has at least considered the idea of putting a new wrestler, the former Flamita, who is actually a better wrestler and flyer, in the role although I’d bet on that not happening.

:lol:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
In that Mistico story, Dave casually refers to Rush as CMLL's biggest star. Is that accurate - he's bigger than Sombra or Atlantis?

Ever since I started watching, Sombra's seemed like the top dog to me, with Rush as his buddy and #2.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm not a CMLL expert, but I'd say Rush is the 1A heel where Sombra's 1B. Atlantis is easily the top face and I would've thought he top guy as he's the one they rely on to carry the Anniversary shows at the gate.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I really hope they don't make Flamita Myzteziz. He's great, he deserves more than getting stuck with someone else's legacy.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Just have the guy they got to replace Mistico take over Mistico's dumb other name and mask.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

:rip:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

In that Mistico story, Dave casually refers to Rush as CMLL's biggest star. Is that accurate - he's bigger than Sombra or Atlantis?

Ever since I started watching, Sombra's seemed like the top dog to me, with Rush as his buddy and #2.

the other day big dave tweeted that Rush was the best heel in the world currently

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/652684391634722816

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
LOS INGOBERNABLES trios or parejas matches have become my obsession of late. I just love Sombra and Rush, and Marco ain't so bad either (Mascara is fine in trios, too, but I like Marco waaay more).

This is from earlier this month, but the entire INGOBERNABLES act from top to bottom is so enjoyable to watch. The way they act like they don't give a poo poo, the constant posing and cheating, the begging off, just every part of the act rules, even when the matches aren't that great.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but Sombra is actually better without the mask. Facial reactions have taken his character up a notch to the point he's my favorite wrestler going right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqNfZNzfWaA

Oh also, I hate incredibles matches, and this is filmed from the crowd, but the first move in this match has Sombra gently caress over his partner. The fact they don't even pay lip service to making this a legitimate match, and that Rush literally lays down and lets Sombra pin him for the final fall, made it enjoyable to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJ7P6yc2KM

I am really glad I've gotten into lucha.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mistico/Myzteziz has unveiled his new name. MISTIC 2.0

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Hahah, that's perfect. I love his terrible names.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

oatgan posted:

Hahaha I hope everyone has to say it fast as possible for full effect Mistic-TwoPoint-Oh

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
reminder this is in 2 hours at http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Live now... if you can find a Mexican proxy