Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Went to Lucha TO's last gig, and the two local boys Blue Demon's going to be teamed up with weren't bad! They knew how to work the crowd and had some nice aerial moves, and I'm a sucker for acrobatics. If I were in town that weekend, I'd head over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

oatgan posted:

fenix pulled out of the last couple shows at the last minute and was replaced with garza jr he's almost certainly on his way out of aaa

Where's he fighting today, then? I thought his posts on twitter earlier were for Triplemania.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I can't get over how loving dope Aerostar's outfit is.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Thauros posted:

Alberto no showed Heroes Inmortales tonight capping off a disasterous week of news for AAA.

From the Observer:

Jack Evans knocked the company's management and creative direction in a recent interview I can't find rn.

http://www.rderudo.com.mx/mexico-ademas-de-luchar-debes-entretener-jack-evans/

It'll be interesting to see how his matches fare in the near future.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
https://twitter.com/JackEvans711/status/786247647715659776

Ruh roh. Looks like the reckoning begins. (Really though, who wasn't expecting this?)

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
The idea that they made it look like he was no-showing, then Dorian was chatting up his talents at the PaleyFest panel like a week later is pretty goddamned gross. The fact that he kept mum about it instead of immediately making GBS threads on AAA for not sending the tickets and making him look bad is some amazing character on his part. Makes me feel even worse for the wrestlers still in the promotion who aren't confident they'd be better off independent/don't know enough english to be secure working international gigs.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Has Pentagon hinted at leaving AAA as well? I know it would be tougher for him to leave since AAA holds copyright over the Pentagon character. I also feel really bad for Hijo de Fantasma because he's been trying to get away from AAA since Konnan was ousted (maybe earlier).

Not that I've read anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly why AAA has been throwing titles and choice events at the Lucha Underground guys lately. Hijo del Fantasma complained about his treatment (triggered by not being sent to Japan) but was publicly contrite, and lo and behold, got sent to Japan to replace Jack Evans when he went on record with his complaints. Feels like AAA's circling the wagons and trying to placate their most popular wrestlers.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Man, AAA is just getting worse by the day. Hopefully LU has been distancing itself enough to be able to keep him. Sexy Star got on the outs with AAA and still worked LU, Jack Evans got fired by AAA a couple weeks ago but still worked last weekend's live event, and Fenix was mentioned as one of the talents for the live events in one of the promotional spots, so we'll see if he works San Diego or whatever. That may only just mean that things haven't come to a head yet, but LU losing Fenix would be bad enough, and if that branched out into losing Pentagon it'd be a loving disaster.

Would Fenix be working San Diego anyway with his shoulder? I thought he was still out for a couple of weeks, so it might not even be a case of AAA freezing him out. He might still show up for the meet and greet though, that would be a good indicator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Get the gently caress out of here, did they really trademark Rey Fenix before he could? Then again it didn't sound like he was married to the idea, he sounded like he wanted to change it after he found out there were several other Rey Fenixes (Reys Fenix?) in the indy circuit.

Just give the kid a break, goddamn.