Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dr. Cerebro vs Virus sounds fun, I've only seen Cerebro twice but he does some pretty wild submission holds and Virus is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spermgod posted:

This official flyer for some reason has a drawing of Johnny Mundo on it

I wonder if he's concerned that his cock is the CMLL logo now

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Plus you can still put his hair on the line.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Drop the La from Sombra and claim it's a new character so he gets to put his mask back on.

Not a bad idea, La Parka used to be Principe Island, lost his hood, then got re-gimmicked.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Konnan told me to eat a dick over twitter. I'm international now.

I'll bite, was it regarding MSL?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Posted it in the questions thread, but might as well ask here. Where is the best place to get a good-quality Lucha mask?

Either here http://www.mtzwear.com/eng/

or Highspots

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

per STRIGGA on twitter Alberto cancelled his bookings in Germany at the last minute. He wanted the promoter to book him a new overseas flight 6 days out and they told him to gently caress off

Dude's gettin' a rep as a flake, he better be careful

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Panther Jr. any good?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Get the one where they take on Dr. Frankenstein

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That show sounds fun. I love Japan's "Yeah, sure, EVERYBODY gets to be on this massive inter-promotional show" approach.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm a bit surprised to find out that Fuerza still has his mask.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

El Estrago Bonito posted:

He's probably smart breaking ties with LU at this point unfortunately. Him and Angelico could probably do a solid run in NXT or either one of them would be a shoo in for the next CWC.

If WWE ain't interested, the indies will probably happily book them. Hopefully Jack doesn't start flaking out on PWG again if they're one of them, I know he showed for his most recent bookings with them, but still. I could see WWE trying to use them for the Dusty Classic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Rey Fenix did an interview with Mas Lucha where he said that he did not no-show Triplemania but AAA never sent him plane tickets and returned his phone calls despite continuing to advertise him for the show. Since then they've done everything in their power to get him blackballed in Mexico from trying to use the commission to telling promotions not to book him. AAA sucks!

Is Konnan completely out of power in AAA now? I'd assume so considering this turn of events. What's the name of that new promotion using Parka?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Looks like Psicosis is winding down his career. He's gonna wrap up his AAA commitments, then he wants to wrestle Rey Mysterio 4 or 5 times before calling it a day. I hope PWG gives him a holler for one of those, that'd be amazing.

http://www.luchaworld.com/?p=68820

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Has Konnan said much about how/why he got pushed out?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's a documentary on Netflix just recently added called Lucha Mexico, looks like Perro Jr. is a focus, I assume it's from a couple years ago

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I'm starting to understand how we arrived at Mystical Carl's Jr. or whatever the original Mistico calls himself now.

Wow. :golfclap:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

why is Ultmo Dragon called El Rey del Shabu Shabu

Well

quote:

Shabu-shabu is a Japanese nabemono hotpot dish of thinly sliced meat and vegetables boiled in water.

Maybe he's got a cooking gimmick now? Might be a rib, too. One time I went to an indy show where instead of "Huka Blues", Sabu came out to "Stop" by the Spice Girls. I'm pretty sure it was Don Callis and the crew loving with him, but absolutely nobody brought any attention to it, maybe this is like that.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 12, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
lol@GFW being able to afford Rey

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jericho mentioned in his 1st book that El Samurai was a guy who definitely needed his mask

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Can you guys recommend any good books about lucha history?

Also I wish someone would write about the Guerrero family (going back to Gory).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

do you have a twitter? luchablog on there will probably have better answers than us

I don't.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

When is the last time a wrestling show at MSG did under 5000 paid

edit: found it

https://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=shows&show=22203

About 2 of these matches sound watchable, the rest, yikes

(the tag title match and the main)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I Before E posted:

Alundra/Bull didn't get much time but it'd be fun to see live

Fair enough, I missed that when I was reading the card, if it got around 10-15 minutes it'd be good.

Wish WWE would have inducted Bull instead of fuckin' Brutus, but it's not my HOF, I guess.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I need Nino Hamburgeresa to work a match vs Cheeseburger

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Benne posted:

Man this loving sucks. I'm hardly an expert on Silver King's career, but he was always super fun to watch wherever I saw him pop up, was a highlight of the WCW cruiserweight era. and at only 51 years old he had plenty more to offer the business. He'll be missed.

One day I was watching Thunder and he did this beautiful moonsault where he jumped into the ring over the ropes, and onto the middle rope in one smooth motion. I think it might have been during the period he was teaming with Dandy as Los Fabulosos.

I didn't take Silver King very seriously as talent before that, but it blew my mind, that would have been impressive from a guy who was Rey's size, never mind a guy who was around 220 or so

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 12, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I am very thankful to have a lucha indie in the Bay Area. Looks like I'm getting a ticket

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByBXK6WgxWr/

That's a solid lineup. Wonder if there'll be the tried and true "Border Guard" gimmick you often see in So Cal or if that's retired now that ICE have basically become movie villains and aren't even hiding it now.

edit: It changed to just Cavernario and Caristico.

edit 2: N/M, saw that La Migra is on the card after some further investigation. Guess that's some easy rudo heat~!

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 29, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

gently caress, Chavito's gonna regret that poo poo

No way does ADR make good

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dumb question but could Velasquez become a star in wrestling? Or is he just a tourist?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 2, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ishin posted:

Since even searching for Perro Sr just pulls up a billion videos/articles about this son's death, can some kind soul direct me to some of his most important matches?

He had a match with Konnan that drew a huge crowd.

edit: I mixed up who he feuded with with one of Konnan's most notable feuds. K-dog feuded with Jake Roberts in Mexico, not Perro. Perro also feuded with Cien Caras and it drew a lot of money.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 4, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Imagine being so great multiple countries feel inclined to say goodbye to you with big cards.

Liger rules.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Is this just basic pettiness? Or are they trying to prevent them from interacting with Dragon and Rush and losing them because Dragon and Rush might talk them into bolting?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

Today's Eddie Guerrero's birthday. He would have been 52. QDP. Truly belongs in the conversation with the all time greats for in ring ability.

Eddie's my all time fave. Other than height, a complete package. Something I don't personally care about but the industry does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I hope its over a supercut of all the times he's been dropkicked into the audience

Didn't Vampiro hoof him in the face and give him a martinete?