Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
huh I went to go get the ROH PPV on the PS4 Live Events App thing and apparently they have $10 CMLL shows too? that seems like a bad use of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

im watching this match y'all was talking about and does CMLL not mic their crowd at all or what

also what's with the ladies standing around during the entrances

e: oh they just muted the crowd during the entrances. now there are people with horns I guess

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 5, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that loving apron powerbomb after the second fall just made me yell out loud to myself in my apartment

e: are CMLL's pin counts usually super weirdly-paced or is this a heel ref or something

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 5, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

okay when i saw tna tape in january last year the two things the crowd gave a poo poo about were samoa joe being cool and rockstar spud being a super over goofy face

and now spud is a heel? maaaaaan ugh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

America as summed up by this tron:

- Stock exchange
- Highways
- Space shuttle
- Brian Cage

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

tyrus would have won clean!!! if only it hadnt been for that lovely ref

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

oatgan posted:

the crowd was extremely into that match

hell, same

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I assume Wagner and Liger are sharing whatever secret strategies you need to be able to do wild poo poo at 50 years old

apparently the masks are a key part of it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this show is fun so far

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

why is Ultmo Dragon called El Rey del Shabu Shabu

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Boco_T posted:

Let me know your sizes/preferences and I can try to get you something. When I went to MLA 13 they had Penta masks for sale even though he wasn't at the event. Also after the show I know Rush and Caristico came out to the lobby to take pictures with people and sell merch so you may still be able to get some then.

hot tip: will say to size up if they run out of your size; highly regret getting a medium instead of a large Rush T-shirt from that show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Boco_T posted:

I thought you got a Small because he was out of Mediums? My Medium Rush shirt fits just like my other Medium shirts

whoops, that is exactly what i meant!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i just turned on the AAA stream and Jeff Jarrett returned, name dropped Teddy Hart, and called out Dr Wagner Jr

TripleMania gonna be wild yall

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/1003452273979092998

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

yall are missing the gently caress out on this

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1003458076077445120

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

easily the best AAA match I've ever seen but that's a small sample size

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

hmmm

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1003518606137806849

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1004041671313711104

??? ??? ???????????

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1004044245076885504

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 5, 2018

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

just checked the new japan schedule and the 14th is an off day between a house show and 1 of 3 destruction shows, someone do the plane math and figure out if okada can make it to mexico and back in time so he can be park's replacement match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i can't wait for when riddle gets called up and he somehow gets announced for both raw and smackdown's house shows on the same night

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

rush looking for revenge on austin theory costing him the coveted mucha lucha atlanta title in a three way where he dropped to [checks notes] dragon lee?? MLA is fuckin wild man

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Willninho posted:

Did Austin theory break from Gabe? I’m very confused most CMLL foreigners I can figure out the two degrees.

no, theory will never break from gabe since he's destined for wwe. i honestly think mucha lucha atlanta is the connection; theory is from atlanta and has worked a few MLA shows and was their midcard champ for a bit, had a match w/ rush and dragon lee at their last show, and presumably expressed interest to someone that he'd like to work in mexico

i think he's also appeared in the crash or one of those other weird indies that never make tape (lucha memes?)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

a lightning match for the ages tonight folks

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lmfao

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1157493527447654401

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

late contender for most ridiculous AAA bump of 2019

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1206047366228385792

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that mask match is my first HM of the year holy poo poo

Two dudes I've never heard of before just had some of the most nail-biting nearfall trades I've ever seen

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

hey that AAA show fuckin ruled

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

I believe there is also still no legal way to watch Triplemania this week that will have Kenny Omega vs Andrade on it.

this isnt going to be suddenly resolved due to the AAA lawsuit situation

i hope on wednesday kenny does a promo telling anyone to tune into twitch dot tv slash the cubs fan 21, but it's not like they've spent a lot of time talking AAA on AEW in the past anyways

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

coconono posted:

so $20 for the english speaking world's most loathed commentator and 4 matches, one of which featuring Jay Lethal. And the Marvel match isn't gonna be shown.

tbf im not sure if there will be any live broadcast of the other matches, sounds like thats all being taped for the week after on Space

but all that said yeah probably dont buy it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the losers advance and the ultimate loser loses the mask

could still be ultimo I guess

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

im watching in another discord (sorry im in too many drat wrestling discords) but this show is really fun so far

love a good surprise lumberjack stip

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

watching triplemania again, i guess. currnetly theres a luchadora cage match where the last 2 to escape will have to have a mask match later. later on:

OLD MAN TOURNAMENT: Blue Demon Jr vs Pentagon Jr
Hijo de Vikingo vs Fenix vs Laredo Kid vs Bandido vs Taurus
The luchadora apuestas match
OLD MAN TOURNAMENT: Psycho Clown vs Villano IV
Matt Hardy & ??? vs Dragon Lee & Dralistico

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

There's also a battle royal

oh hell yeah, that siren better be loud as gently caress

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lady flammer vs chik tormenta in the mask match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

was like "drat even for aaa this is starting late" and then remembered where tijuana was and now i feel like a dumbass

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

those are shoot ashes, until such time as a wrestler finally uses those ashes for heel heat, at which point there's like a 50/50 chance of them being work ashes (i think the guy's been dead for five years so maybe this already happened)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

my main complaint with the last triplemania stream was that the countdown clock was too quiet so im glad they got my memo

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

nino hamburgesa is the king of my heart

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this match is just actually owning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010