Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
How behind is the AAA stuff they put on YouTube? If I've seen the most recent ep (Sept 20th) will the recent PPV make sense to me or will I have missed an episode in there somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Thauros posted:

Who the gently caress even is their top rudo at this point? EL Hijo Del Fantasma? Texano Jr? I guess we can hope in vain for a Pentagon jr push?

How long are they planning to keep Brian Cage around? Because his heel heat is loving nuclear at this point.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Would they even clear him to wrestle? I could see a thing where they booked him for like one or two matches at Rumble/Mania or whatever but that dude's legs are totally shot.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
AAA got absolutely hamstrung this year by so much BS, mostly of their own making. Not that CMLL is really doing any better but that company has been a perpetual dumpster fire for years so it's business as usual. They could easily rebuild though, they still have good talent, a lot of the guys who left were very over but honestly a lot of them should have been getting pushed less and were edging out some good talent (and a lot of them were also the talent getting edged out). The guys I feel bad for are people like Angelico and Jack Evans because they don't have any real high money prospects in America. They could probably get work in Japan at least. If NJPW wanted to pull them in it wouldn't be super disappointing.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

coconono posted:

At this point, I'm convinced CMLL books shows around whoever shows up that day isn't too drunk. They have a pretty decent roster but outside of a few guys, no one really has an angle to play out.
Fixed that for you.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Germansimp posted:

You're talking about a company that still lets Mr. Niebla wrestle while completely inebriated.

In this fantasy I'm envisioning the CMLL locker room is just littered with passed out wrestlers and the booker just splashes water on them until enough wake up to walk to the ring.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

AfterFather posted:

Cant wait until Villano IV wins Rey de Reyes. :barf:

After Triplemania there should be some kind of UN convention banning any Villano's from wrestling anywhere.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

mariooncrack posted:

Do any of the Villanos have children that wrestle? I imagine any of their kids should be old enough to be in the business by now.

Yeah, Villano V Jr, Kortiz, Kaving, Villano III Jr, Hijo De Villano III, etc ect The Mendoza family has a ton of luchas in it.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Cage's initial run of coming to the ring wearing the Trump gear was legitimately last years best heel work by a mile in any promotion.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Chris James 2 posted:

http://www.espn.com.mx/otros-deportes/nota/_/id/2647446/nace-dinastia-de-los-ocho-angulos-con-el-legitimo-hijo-de-octagon El Hijo de Octagon, Octagon's Octagon Jr, debuting in Elite soon per ESPN

I cannot believe that is a legitimate thing I just typed. This is the wackiest lucha week

Pretty much just this on loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE45argCO7k

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The what now? Are you talking about the Villanos match or?

Did you watch the show? The whole thing was trash except the final match which was passable. Also like half of the guys on the show aren't with the company anymore.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Bigass Moth posted:

Have him fake his death and return with a gang of hobos.

A gang of hobos clad in piles of Cena gear that's just a few years out of date would be amazing

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

coconono posted:

Yeah, they fake his death and it turns he out he was doing village building in africa and all the kids were wearing Cena gear. You could make a movie out of this poo poo.

I'm getting flashbacks to that horrible made for TV movie they made for the last season of 24

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I still stand by my claim that Masato Tanaka is half terminator.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Triplemania card looks really good, except for that last match. That last match is going to loving suuuuuuuuuuuuck.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The fact that these matches happen in the dark always makes this look like an even bigger deal than Wrestlemania even though it has like a tenth the production values.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I believe the testosterone supplement stuff. DHEA is stuffed into tons of supplements, especially ones geared towards middle aged athletic men and/or men suffering from sexual dysfunction stuff (like, say, from decades of doing steroids).

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
He's probably smart breaking ties with LU at this point unfortunately. Him and Angelico could probably do a solid run in NXT or either one of them would be a shoo in for the next CWC.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

rovert posted:

Anyone who this is in the middle at the WWE tryout (unmasked)?

Flo Cesar?

Looks like Princesa Sujei if I had to guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I feel like I've asked this before but how actually popular is Cibernetico? He's the only Mexican wrestler I've ever seen people wearing shirts for where I live. Is he actually liked or is he just popular among my cities substantial population of teenage Mexican goths.