Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh, more power to him. LU’s contracts are predatory af and they need taken down a peg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

for who though

AEW will be fine as long as their first few PPVs go well and the TV show takes off

can't say the same about AAA unless they get a regular show that isn't LU on American TV

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Wait, I forgot, what was wrong with Damien Sandow?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

in retrospect it was a bad idea for Sandow to declare himself his own man when his only talent was in impersonation

So what you're saying is that they should have given him Ziggler's gimmick and fired Ziggler instead of him

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

if Sofia keeps pissing off her talent like this, what are the chances of (a) half their roster jumping ship to AAA (b) the current crop of main eventers doing a Misawa and forming the Mexican NOAH with most of the roster (c) something else happening that fucks over CMLL in its current state

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

The fallout could be huge. Could possibly be the catalyst for the end of the ROH-CMLL deal, and maybe even the NJPW-CMLL deal

Possibly stupid question: if the NJPW-CMLL deal falls apart, what happens to Los Ingobernables de Japon? Does NJPW own the copyright to that particular name, and would they continue using the name if they're not involved with CMLL?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Is AAA working with any Japanese promotions rn? I'd like to say NJPW should work with AAA, but I know AEW's working with them and DDT, so I don't know if it'd upset that whole alliance if NJPW were to muscle its way into a working relationship with AAA instead of CMLL. Idk, politics are dumb and wrestlepolitics are the dumbest

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

lmao, Triplemania was better than Aniversario. nice tbh

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Benne posted:

You know it's a rough year when TripleMania was the better show

Wasn't it the better show last year too

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

She should honestly 100% do it, because if she stays this poo poo WILL happen again

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

My brain is trying to figure out which promotional split this is alluding to. I mean, I'm guessing CMLL/AAA but there's so many that I'm honestly not sure. The later splits from AAA usually didn't involve execs, and the earlier unrests usually didn't involve full splits.

I thought it was AJPW → NOAH, but probably not??? Like, is this a joshi reference or what

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

If this is how you get Dragon Lee in AEW I'm all for it

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

Naw, protecting the identity is #1. A fun play on it to turn the tables is when the luchador takes off his own mask and tosses it to the opponent then hits the mat covering their face. The ref sees the mask in the hand of the luchador and DQs them.

ah, yes, the Eddie trick

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

huh, so I guess CMLL owns the right to the name La Sombra then? Figures tbh

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

Isn't he not allowed to use that by the lucha commission since he lost his mask?

I thought he worked in CMLL as La Sombra for two months after he lost his mask tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

casual reminder that Cuatrero is in prison because he tried to kill his partner