Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I may have to speak to a lawyer if people keep sending me unsolicited AAA clips. There's laws against terrorism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
My memes are going to book the biggest match of 2018

https://twitter.com/laparktapia/status/993929718511452160

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Based on the advance there is a very good chance this sells out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

I feel like it needs to be a schmoz next week, they can’t just do the same match every Friday until September

I think they'll use Park sparingly through the summer but I'd love for them to do a match with Park/Kraneo/Whoever vs Rush/Ultimo Guerrero/Whoever and set up Rush/Kraneo and Park/UG matches during the wait for the Anniversary show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TTBF posted:

Any idea what time that's going up on Saturday?

Also if someone can summarize what's up with LA Park and why its a big deal he's in CMLL, as someone new that would help me out a lot. I watched the trios match and I thought it was cool but I could tell I was missing something that made it a much bigger deal than how I was viewing it.

LA Park is one of the best brawlers out there and someone with a legitimate wildman aura. He is rarely with a company for long since he will either get fired for crowd brawling, swearing, blading, whatever, or will get sick of the promotion and quit. He was fired from CMLL a few years ago and reportedly banned for life. So him coming back is a big deal just for that. He's also one of the last big stars from the 90s who can still go and has his mask. So his mask is a big deal, and he is feuding with Rush who has never lost his hair. They've had wild brawls on indie shows the last few years, challenging each other for apuestas matches back and forth. It was assumed it could never happen since CMLL would never book Park and indies can't afford to pay Rush to lose his hair let alone Park to lose his mask. So when he showed up in CMLL it was a guy who shouldn't be there in a feud people want to see and didn't think they'd get on the big stage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
LA Park in CMLL is like if Chris Benoit came back to WWE tomorrow. You never thought he'd be back and he's a skeleton.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I made plans for next Friday assuming there was no way CMLL put effort into 3 Fridays in a row. I feel silly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Wow check out the arena Mexico card for next Friday. How good is Cibernético?

He sucks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

remusclaw posted:

The lightest strikes and the hottest crowds.

Did we watch the same match?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

I watched the whole LA Park/Rush match last night and I still think I'm missing something on Lucha Brawling, because it just looked like a lot of other LA Park matches where he just stumbles around and hits him and then mouths off at the fans a bunch. There was a Sabu vs La Parka match from MLW back after ECW shut down and I think it's 10x better than any of the LA Park matches I've seen the last 2 years

They did so much in this match and after all the early ringside brawling they both did really impressive dives. They did more than usual since they couldn't bleed... Traditionally.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave confirms Fridays show did 10K plus, the third straight show to do so. It's apples and oranges but it is kind of funny that last week they doubled Raw's attendance and almost tripled Smackdown's.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ghidzilla posted:

poo poo, I don't care how 'fake' it looks, the Rush/Park feud is the only one right now where I can easily believe that at this point one of them is just going to straight up murder the other one at some point. You don't see that kind of emotion much anymore, anywhere else. At least not to that degree.

More feuds need to be booked around a guy killing the guy he hates so that guy will man up and accept his challenge.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All signs are pointing towards Atlantis vs Fuerza Guerrera as the Anniversary main, not Park vs Rush. Park has September AAA dates.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I got worked there was an Anniversary promo tonight with LA loving PARK

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Normal CMLL fans don't care who he is, he's gonna get booed because he's an evil japanese man aligned with Okamura.

Those ignorant CMLL fans!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

nah that's just how cmll works and panders to people's bigotry with okamura's old yellow fear stable, but go off i guess

Here is the actual card where CMLL will play off Okada's inability to raise the roof. Sofia books off of memes, not racism, so take your prejudices elsewhere!

I hope he reveals he is an enemy of Mexico to set up the Grand Prix though. The one time of year the world tries to destroy Mexico, but cannot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight's crowd looks to be at 10,000.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tired: LA Park
Wired: Chef Benito

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1031353274249687041

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Biggest thing to come out of tonight's Puebla show.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1031724242365243392

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I already apologized to Aerostar don't worry.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Grand Prix is gonna be great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im kinda surprised they didn't just announce park and rush vs taven and cavernario, losers have a hair/mask match then and there so they could have two anniversary show sellouts (this year and next year when they do rush/park). AAA booking clearly trying to gently caress with a hot program by the competitor.

Cubs Fan believes that AAA is not the reason for this main event and is just being used as an excuse.

And the gimmick is winners get the match in a situation like that, and while they love money they don't want a scene like happened last time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Park is starting to get US bookings again so it is in his interest not to lose the mask right now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think the Facebook stream is region locked tonight so if you don't have a VPN or are lazy: http://www.marca.com/claro-mx/otros-deportes/2018/01/18/5a60eeb7ca474116658b45a6.html This is not.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The latest podcast is a history of the LA Park vs Rush feud.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1035686634249961472

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

Is Anniversario going to be ippv

It's currently on the Claro schedule. It is available on Honor Club so it may get region locked but right now it looks to be totally free. Could change!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just now Claro said they will not be showing Anniversario, guess it's on unannounced iPPV or Honor Club only.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight's Puebla card is topped by LA Park, Son of The Authentic Park and Ultimo Guerrero vs Los Ingobernables. Park vs Rush in a small building is always great.

Personally hoping they use this to put a hold on Park vs Rush for awhile and start doing Park vs Ultimo Guerrero.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Before E posted:

Hey what's the deal with Ultimo Guerrero? This may be a weird comparison but he comes off as a really old version of X-Pac, but with surprising agility for that age

He's one of the biggest stars in CMLL. Longtime rudo, teamed with Atlantis during his rudo run, then feuded with Atlantis for years afterwards. Took Villano V's mask after Villano had shockingly taken Blue Panthers, and lost his mask to Atlantis a few years ago in one of the biggest matches in the history of CMLL. Is a trainer and has a lot of booking power. Great worker, loves to raise the roof. Very strong.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mob posted:

He used to own a shiny Mustang and now he doesn't

He got a better one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Match was pretty good but the Rush vs Park stuff was kind of a sloppier version of a bunch of their indie matches and The Son of the Authentic Park was the star of the match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Another week with Police Man and Park on the card.

https://twitter.com/Arena_Puebla/status/1044954760888037377

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hijo Del Santo did an interview where he said Bandido and Rush are two of the younger talents he sees a lot of promise in, but then said something stunning. When asked about a mask match with Atlantis, he said he would be up for it and it would be an honor to lose his mask to Atlantis, calling him a great man and a great wrestler. I don't think there's any chance of such a thing happening but for him to even say it is pretty wild.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mariooncrack posted:

Didn't hijo del santo have a son that was supposed to start wrestling a few years back?

He is wrestling now as Santo Jr. In the same interview his dad said he's accepted his son doesn't have to be the star he was and is OK if he doesn't carry on the name. He also says he thinks his son is more athletically gifted than he was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

God awful match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Did that book Dr Lucha was writing ever come out?

He's still working on it to the best of my knowledge.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CMLL just did Reyes del Aire on the Sunday show, keep your eyes open in a few weeks for that one to pop up online, it is always great.

Also the Sin Piedad show had a nearly full house so remember that come Hall of Fame season to tell anti Caristico people they are dumb as heck.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Fun press conference scuffle and trash talking leading into the contract signing for the Homenaje a Dos Leyendas Main event: Angel de Oro and Niebla Roja vs El Terrible and The Best in the Ring, caballera contra caballera (hair vs hair). Should be a good main event!

They took what could have been a really good match in Terrible vs Roja and made it worse by making it a tag.

In bigger news CMLL is back on Televisa, unknown what this means about the Friday streams.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Blue Demon Jr/Dr Wagner Jr mask vs hair at Triplemania
https://twitter.com/MPenaAAA/status/1100821768296714241

Can't imagine this doing well at the box office or in ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thank you Young Bucks.