Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

How soon after airing does the Viernes Espectacular show up on YouTube? I thought it was streamed live but I don't see tonight's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

NuclearPotato posted:

It'll be on CMLL's channel after it finishes airing. They stream it live on Marco Clara, which has a geo-block in the USA. thecubsfan does a restream on his channel live; come watch it with us:

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/PerrosPalace

Nice, thanks! I can watch the Marco Clara one because I live in Costa Rica, but that doesn't come with goon chat so I'll check out Perros Palace.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Hey, neat! Some guys from my local federation, Costa Rica Wrestling Embassy, got to wrestle in CMLL this Tuesday. That's great for them. CWE draws like 120-150 to their big shows, so wrestling in front of 10kish must have been awesome for them. (Their match starts around 40 minutes in on the Tuesday show).

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm watching. I might not watch the whole thing right now, but I'll watch for a while.

I like the way they handled the intergender element of that last match. Faby basically worked like any of the guys in the match.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, even Vince couldn't manage it a couple of weeks ago.

Wait what? WWE isn't selling out the garden anymore?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

lmao at lethal injection

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

J-Ro posted:

This show rules.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Those guys move really well for dudes in their mid 50s, but some of the kickouts were weird and sloppy.

Is Taya face on Impact? Is Tessa heel? Or is that just like a one time thing for this show?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I thought Crash was neutral ground where AAA and CMLL could both work.

Luteroth is fuckin' up.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

NuclearPotato posted:

The Crash is definitely not, and never has been, neutral ground. It doesn't matter where it might happen, AAA and CMLL wrestlers can't work on the same shows as one another, period (Unless CMLL doesn't notice, which happens more often than you'd think :v: ). There was a period a couple years ago where The Crash was outright trying to take on AAA, back when Konnan was on the outs with AAA and had access to Rey Mysterio.

Oh, well then nevermind. Don't know where I got that idea.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

How would one begin following AAA? I might have asked this before, and gone as far as paying for them on twitch. But I don't really know where to start with watching. Do they have weekly TV? Is the weekly TV archived on twitch? How far back would it be worth going with their stuff?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Lamuella posted:

Currently they have a two hour no-crowd show airing weekly on Youtube. Two episodes up so far. That might be a decent place to start if you want the latest stuff.

I actually want to go backwards and watch stuff with a crowd, if possible. Since I haven't ever really watched it before it will be like new to me. I'm creeped out by empty arena stuff to be honest.

Edit: The AAA youtube channel has a playlist called "TV shows 2019" so I suppose that's a place to start.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 26, 2020

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

When you watch AAA live do the wrestlers come out to real music? On YouTube it seems they dub extremely generic music and generic crowd noise for the entrances. lol.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

AAA used "real" songs until last year when they planned US shows, PPVs and were going hard on twitch and recorded a bunch of songs for their wrestlers. Now most use personalized themes.

Ah, makes sense. The stuff I'm watching is from Feb 2019 so probably shortly before this transition.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Working my way through 2019 AAA. Good stuff. I like Hijo Del Vikingo. Is there a Vikingo in Lucha's past that he's the Hijo of? I can't find anything on Wikipedia. Just curious.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

yeah but he flips around real good and has a cool leather outfit.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

lmao at Los Mercenarios logo in early 2019 (not sure if it's the same now or they had to change it).

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Triplemania Question:
What's the deal with the referee in the women's title match? I watched a bit of AAA in 2020 and it seemed like that ref was loving with Faby back then as well. Except sometimes he was cheating on her behalf, which she didn't want. I'm surely missing a lot of the story but can someone give a short summary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Hijo del Tirantes is a heel referee and he's feuded with the Apache family for years. if he's refereeing a match he's gonna gently caress with the finish a little bit and mostly fast count against the other heels

So he's a heel ref but especially heelish towards the Apache family?