Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Burt Buckle posted:

Lucha has a much much heavier emphasis on tag, trio, and 4 man tag matches compared to WWE, and in lucha you don't have to tag out, if you just leave the ring or get thrown out of the ring your partner can come in. It makes for a much more frantic pace.
Also in CMLL (and a lot of other non-AAA places) everything that isn't announced as a lightning match is usually 2/3 falls. Trios teams have a captain that is announced before the match, if you pin / submit him the fall is over, if not you need a second pin / submission on someone else to win the fall. That's why you often see falls end with multiple pins or submissions at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
It's puro but this year's Great Space War (Michinoku Pro's annual Big Dumb Gimmick match usually featuring Sasuke) was Sasuke, the Brahman Bros and Ultraman Robin vs four ninja turtles. It's almost 50 minutes long, took place in Korakuen and got pretty epic, especially if you like Crazy Old Man Sasuke going nuts.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...apper-1-r_sport

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Mob posted:

and I've been looking stuff up on YouTube
You can just follow this guy really
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?thecubsfan?playlists

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Because Atlantis putting his mask on the line is their biggest draw.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

coconono posted:

True the obvious route is out. But with some actual booking
yeah, uh, that's gonna be a problem in cmll

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

That cubs preview is great. "I was more excited about this show before I started writing about it."

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

The show dates are in the video descriptions. They usually take a week or two to upload them. Cagematch says there's one Monterrey episode that isn't up on Youtube yet, it aired the day before the PPV.
http://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=122&page=4

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

This is gonna be batshit insane and I can't wait for it.

If you're unfamiliar with him, he's like Guillermo del Toro's manic, sleazy younger brother.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Just have the guy they got to replace Mistico take over Mistico's dumb other name and mask.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Naito learned in Mexico that 298 pancakes can't kill you if you're already dead.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Great White Hope posted:

Please, please, please tell me there's a way to watch this.
I think if I really hurry I might still be able to make the transatlantic flight to Pachuca. :(

Otherwise our best bet to see this is probably DDT or Sasuke stealing the idea.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

No Luck Needed posted:

after watching some CMLL it makes me wonder why everyone doesn't own their own areana?
Because their owner built it specifically to run shows there, it stands on the site of the abandoned boxing arena where he started running shows in the 30s.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Is Gran Apache still good? I know he's still wrestling but I haven't seen him in ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Thauros posted:

:confused:

Uh, its right here
Nickname: "The Aussie Luchador"