Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Hello everyone. I have a story to share with you all.

Every time I would smoke more than a tiny amount of marijuana, it would affect me in a very peculiar way. Basically I would be totally unable to function. I don't know exactly what it made me do, but I would get completely incapacitated; it rendered interacting with others or doing any complex thinking impossible. I was tired of this and decided to get really loving high and see what would happen.

So I bought some weed and also some DXM. 1000mg to be exact. I took it and within a few hours I became really confused. I started running around my house screaming, going totally ape poo poo, making retarded noises, etc. I thought I had brain damage. Everything seemed incredibly alien, my memories, my thoughts, everything. Somehow I found my way back to my bed, where I quited down a little bit. Here is where things started to get crazy. Within a few minutes, the boundaries between my body and the outside world melted away. I became entirely one with my surroundings. Later, concepts, memories, ideas, and beliefs would fuse too; hot and cold would become just "temperature", and then temperature and color would fuse into "property" and then it would become more and more abstract, until eventually, I reached a point of singularity, where everything combined into one thing, being in itself, pure consciousness. This is exactly what a lot of eastern philosophy talks about; the tao, zen, the Kantian noumenon as it's known in the West. I don't know how long this lasted, since the concept of time itself was rendered meaningless; "length" was not a meaningful concept any more. I do remember waking up from this state at around 6 am, so for all intents and purposes I might as well have been sleeping.

That was a life changing experience. Total ego death. I'm still reeling from the experience. In hindsight, all of my behavior seemed so bizzare. My entire thought process was totally strange and alien. These symptoms began around the time I was 12. I started seeing patterns everywhere and, in my mind, words and concepts began to be intertwined with these strange morphing planes and surfaces that I would spend increasingly more time dwelling on. Eventually, all of my behavior was a function of this other world, to the point where I would walk, breathe, and talk in accordance with these moving geometric figures. There were other symptoms; if I would hear a loud noise, I often would repeat it over and over again in my head for hours on end. Sometimes it would twist and change, and patterns and shapes would "come out" of it. As time went on, this all became more and more bizarre. My social interaction was markedly affected, as my parents can testify towards. I would have a very hard time focusing on anything, because my mental energy was devoted entirely to this other world. It's very hard for me to communicate the syntax of whatexactly went on, since it was all so subjective, but I will do my best to give specific examples. When I would talk with people, for instance, I would visualize their facial expressions, their voices, and their bodies morphing and twisting and shifting. When I would go in a building, I would walk in very specific routes that were aligned perpendicularly to the walls or to things inside, like doors and desks. I can go on and on, but I think you get the picture. I don't know how I managed to get through life as well as I did, to be honest. It wasn't completely debilitating. I could still read and write, talk and laugh, but not nearly as well as I would without them. I think my intelligence made up for it at the beginning, but eventually the compulsions caught up. I didn't give much thought to all of this, since it seemed totally natural and intuitive.

Expressing my thoughts into language took an inordinate amount of time, for two reasons, first because sentences and paragraphs would hit me in "chunks" all at once, instead of as a continuous stream of consciousness, as they do now, and second, because parsing through them was like translating from an entirely different language. Each word would have a corresponding shape and texture, so I would experience extreme discomfort if I had to write or say something that was "jagged" and gave off an unpleasant mental image.

Now everything has changed. All my paradigms have been completely rewired. Now, these thoughts are gone; the chatter in my head is quiet for the first time. I feel like a totally new person. I don't know what to think about all of this, to be honest. I know I'm sort of rambling but, again, I'm still in shock from the experience. I think people have a really arrogant and dismissive attitude towards psychedelic drugs in our society which is totally maladaptive. Psychdelics have been a basic part of the human experience for thousands of years. We have so many problems with ADD, depression, anxiety, OCD,in our society and none of us have stopped to consider if the absence of exploration substance use is the root of these issues.

Another symptom of all this was that I would be obsessed with the concept of irony and "levels" of irony. That was why I incessantly posting poo poo about "brutally murdering niggers"; I wanted to reach "peak irony". I think I did, but whatever, who cares, all of that poo poo seems really dumb in hindsight.

A lot of you probably don't care about this and think I'm a human being or whatever. That's fine, it doesn't matter. I just felt the need to get this out. I don't know how to end this. I guess I'm done. Suck my dick. In the words of Nas, to all fly bitches and thugs, nuff respect to the projects, I'm ghost, one love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

Every time I would smoke more than a tiny amount of marijuana, it would affect me in a very peculiar way. Basically I would be totally unable to function. I don't know exactly what it made me do, but I would get completely incapacitated; it rendered interacting with others or doing any complex thinking impossible. I was tired of this and decided to get really loving high and see what would happen.

So I bought some weed and also some DXM. 1000mg to be exact. I took it and within a few hours I became really confused. I started running around my house screaming, going totally ape poo poo, making retarded noises, etc. I thought I had brain damage. Everything seemed incredibly alien, my memories, my thoughts, everything. Somehow I found my way back to my bed, where I quited down a little bit. Here is where things started to get crazy. Within a few minutes, the boundaries between my body and the outside world melted away. I became entirely one with my surroundings. Later, concepts, memories, ideas, and beliefs would fuse too; hot and cold would become just "temperature", and then temperature and color would fuse into "property" and then it would become more and more abstract, until eventually, I reached a point of singularity, where everything combined into one thing, being in itself, pure consciousness. This is exactly what a lot of eastern philosophy talks about; the tao, zen, the Kantian noumenon as it's known in the West. I don't know how long this lasted, since the concept of time itself was rendered meaningless; "length" was not a meaningful concept any more. I do remember waking up from this state at around 6 am, so for all intents and purposes I might as well have been sleeping.

That was a life changing experience. Total ego death. I'm still reeling from the experience. In hindsight, all of my behavior seemed so bizzare. My entire thought process was totally strange and alien. These symptoms began around the time I was 12. I started seeing patterns everywhere and, in my mind, words and concepts began to be intertwined with these strange morphing planes and surfaces that I would spend increasingly more time dwelling on. Eventually, all of my behavior was a function of this other world, to the point where I would walk, breathe, and talk in accordance with these moving geometric figures. There were other symptoms; if I would hear a loud noise, I often would repeat it over and over again in my head for hours on end. Sometimes it would twist and change, and patterns and shapes would "come out" of it. As time went on, this all became more and more bizarre. My social interaction was markedly affected, as my parents can testify towards. I would have a very hard time focusing on anything, because my mental energy was devoted entirely to this other world. It's very hard for me to communicate the syntax of whatexactly went on, since it was all so subjective, but I will do my best to give specific examples. When I would talk with people, for instance, I would visualize their facial expressions, their voices, and their bodies morphing and twisting and shifting. When I would go in a building, I would walk in very specific routes that were aligned perpendicularly to the walls or to things inside, like doors and desks. I can go on and on, but I think you get the picture. I don't know how I managed to get through life as well as I did, to be honest. It wasn't completely debilitating. I could still read and write, talk and laugh, but not nearly as well as I would without them. I think my intelligence made up for it at the beginning, but eventually the compulsions caught up. I didn't give much thought to all of this, since it seemed totally natural and intuitive.

Expressing my thoughts into language took an inordinate amount of time, for two reasons, first because sentences and paragraphs would hit me in "chunks" all at once, instead of as a continuous stream of consciousness, as they do now, and second, because parsing through them was like translating from an entirely different language. Each word would have a corresponding shape and texture, so I would experience extreme discomfort if I had to write or say something that was "jagged" and gave off an unpleasant mental image.

Now everything has changed. All my paradigms have been completely rewired. Now, these thoughts are gone; the chatter in my head is quiet for the first time. I feel like a totally new person. I don't know what to think about all of this, to be honest. I know I'm sort of rambling but, again, I'm still in shock from the experience. I think people have a really arrogant and dismissive attitude towards psychedelic drugs in our society which is totally maladaptive. Psychdelics have been a basic part of the human experience for thousands of years. We have so many problems with ADD, depression, anxiety, OCD,in our society and none of us have stopped to consider if the absence of exploration substance use is the root of these issues.

Another symptom of all this was that I would be obsessed with the concept of irony and "levels" of irony. That was why I incessantly posting poo poo about "brutally murdering niggers"; I wanted to reach "peak irony". I think I did, but whatever, who cares, all of that poo poo seems really dumb in hindsight.

A lot of you probably don't care about this and think I'm a human being or whatever. That's fine, it doesn't matter. I just felt the need to get this out. I don't know how to end this. I guess I'm done. Suck my dick. In the words of Nas, to all fly bitches and thugs, nuff respect to the projects, I'm ghost, one love.

lmao

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

klmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir AIDS posted:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Thank you.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You have just experienced logic.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Imagine how awesome badgame would be if all the MemeBoys came back at full power levels to kick the diaperFurs and Psychos out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

Imagine how awesome badgame would be if all the MemeBoys came back at full power levels to kick the diaperFurs and Psychos out.

Imagine how awesome it would be if instead of that happening, Danbo Daxter, Former BYOB Moderator has to live with the fact that he runs a website exclusively frequented by demented perverts.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I want Spambot to come to this forum and piss off all the people whom have said the phrase "Good and cool".

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

I want Spambot to come to this forum and piss off all the people whom have said the phrase "Good and cool".

didn't he die

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I would rather post with DiaperFurs than people who post Good and Cool

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

He did drugs and went psycho.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
THIS IS SPAMBOT AND I AINT DEAD!!! Im INJECTING A FAT rear end LOAD OF RESEARCH CHEMICALS RIGHT NOW!!!!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I miss spambot and his nigh perfect game opinions.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Spambot forum was cool.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I believe Spambot's pronoun is officially "she/her" now folks. Please show some respect.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Human Grand Prix posted:

:whitewater:

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

:catbert:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've been Spambot's biggest fan about 9 years now and even I think his forum was a serious mistake.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The very end of it when it was overrun by Spambots was epic.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wormskull posted:

I believe Spambot's pronoun is officially "she/her" now folks. Please show some respect.

I use gender neutral ones.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Human Grand Prix posted:

The very end of it when it was overrun by Spambots was epic.

lol

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I've been Spambot's biggest fan about 9 years now and even I think his forum was a serious mistake.

His forum was extremely epic.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
wow, this "badgame" sounds fascinating.....

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

let's get the 'zone back to its mythic past. goatstein for imp zone mod.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
wait there was a spambot forum lmao

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mung Dynasty posted:

wait there was a spambot forum lmao

Yes. Intellectual Conversations Ahoy!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

let's get the 'zone back to its mythic past. goatstein for imp zone mod.

I would like to politely ask you to leave.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the rhizzone

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

I would like to politely ask you to leave.
i gotta agree with pewds here.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I read the OP as "Life changing DMX trip." and boy howdy was I disappointed when I actually saw what it was.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SunAndSpring posted:

I read the OP as "Life changing DMX trip." and boy howdy was I disappointed when I actually saw what it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPntjTPWgKE

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What the gently caress is wrong with you

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

didnt read lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

I dunno man, I just googled DMX mashup and posted the first gaming-related thing I found

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
rip spamboris. the world hardly knew your crackers and fish (?)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Pablo Gigante posted:

I dunno man, I just googled DMX mashup and posted the first gaming-related thing I found

Larry Parrish posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

• Locked thread