Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Welcome to Two Axis Mafia.

This is a small, open-setup game. The main gimmick is that everyone has two seperate alignments (scum/town, blue/red) and two seperate win conditions, of which you only need to fulfill one. Once one win condition has been fulfilled the game will be over (and also everyone without that win condition will be dead at that point).

SETUP

There are four possible configurations for this game, one of which will be chosen randomly:

Configuration A:
2 Red Vanilla Scum
1 Red Vanilla Town
3 Blue Vanilla Town
1 Blue Color Cop Town

Configuration B:
3 Red Vanilla Town
1 Red Color Cop Town
2 Blue Vanilla Scum
1 Blue Vanilla town

Configuration C:
1 Red Vanilla Scum
1 Red Vanilla Town
1 Red Color Cop Town
1 Blue Vanilla Scum
2 Blue Vanilla Town
1 Blue Hidden Oracle Town

Configuration D:
1 Red Vanilla Scum
2 Red Vanilla Town
1 Red Hidden Oracle Town
1 Blue Vanilla Scum
1 Blue Vanilla Town
1 Blue Color Cop Town

ROLE PMs

quote:

You are (Red/Blue) Vanilla Scum! You can communicate with your scumpartner at (document link). You are not aware of what the color alignment of your partner is. You win when there are either no (Blue/Red) players left, or no town players left.

quote:

You are (Red/Blue) Vanilla Town! You win when there are either no (Blue/Red) players left, or no scum players left.

quote:

You are (Red/Blue) Color Cop! You can pick one person each night and investigate them to determine what their color alignment is. You win when there are either no (Blue/Red) players left, or no scum players left.

quote:

You are (Red/Blue) Hidden Oracle! You are aware of which setup variation was randomly chosen, specifically variation (D/C) in the OP. This information is yours alone unless you choose to share it. When you die you will flip as (Red/Blue) Vanilla Town. You win when there are either no (Blue/Red) players left, or no scum players left.

PLAYER LIST

1. CapitalistPig
  2. CCKeane
  3. HiipFire
  4. Kleedrac
  5. MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
  6. Poison Mushroom
  7. The Science of Suck

TIPS

Study the possible setup configurations carefully. Fakeclaims could be your key to success, even if you're town.

The information a hidden oracle gets is potentially useful, but it's hard or impossible for it to be confirmed by anyone else since they flip as vanilla town. There is also no guarantee that there even is a Hidden Oracle.

The two scum players might not be the same color. If you're scum, watch out for sudden betrayals!

wall monitor fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll try this.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think I can keep up with a seven player game.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Since Ramones seems not to be filling I'll sign up here :)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm in.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
I will play op

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Awesome, just one more needed.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
This looks really weird and I'm totally down for that

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Role PMs will go out shortly.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

:siren: RULES ADDENDUM SINCE IT'S SOMETHING I HADN'T THOUGHT OF :siren:

If there's a disagreement on who the scum want to nightkill then they'll both make a choice and I'll flip a coin to pick out who is actually nightkilled.

Anyway, role pms have been sent out, you may post at will. Deadline at.... let's say Friday 10 PM EST. About 60 hours from now.

Day 1 has begun

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (7): CapitalistPig, CCKeane, HiipFire, Kleedrac, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Poison Mushroom, The Science of Suck

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 27th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 13 hours.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I claim 3rd party lynchproof unlimited vig bp

##vote wall monitor

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
also im a survivor

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
All right let's get this party started. HiipFire do you have even a joking case against wall monitor or is it the usual day one shenanigans. I'm not voting even in jest as in a 7 player game I don't wanna taunt the hammer :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

All right let's get this party started. HiipFire do you have even a joking case against wall monitor or is it the usual day one shenanigans. I'm not voting even in jest as in a 7 player game I don't wanna taunt the hammer :)
How dare you think about this game! ##vote Kleedrac

No, but seriously, we should probably be careful around jokephase. Even two votes puts someone at -2 and in range of hammering.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Wall monitor is confirmed scum, IMO.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Scum should claim imo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

If the scum claim we can all win on color, do it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

If the scum claim we can all win on color, do it.
Wait, what? How does that work? Aren't the scum different colors? And how could we all win? I'm very confused by this whole role/alignment thing. I thought it was like fire/ice mafia.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Poison Mushroom posted:

Wait, what? How does that work? Aren't the scum different colors? And how could we all win? I'm very confused by this whole role/alignment thing. I thought it was like fire/ice mafia.

There are 4 setups - I'm trying to narrow it down but given the mod's rules clarification I believe we are in a setup with the scum team being different colors.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Kleedrac posted:

HiipFire do you have even a joking case against wall monitor

wall monitor is the mod

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

There are four set ups and doing some logic if the scum come forward today we can get a whacky arangement where everybody wins. Trust me.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
lmao there's no way we all can win, how the gently caress did you even get that idea

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

HiipFire posted:

wall monitor is the mod

I'm gonna come clean here - I'm still waking up - I seriously didn't realize you voted for the mod >.<

CCKeane: I'm not sure how you think we can all win - I'm almost positive that's not possible in this setup - it does increase your odds of finding both of your win conditions however.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

HiipFire posted:

lmao there's no way we all can win, how the gently caress did you even get that idea

Alright, there are some cases where not everybody can win, fine! In that case one scum loses.

So if you're one a two color scum team bus yer buddy!

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

There are 4 setups - I'm trying to narrow it down but given the mod's rules clarification I believe we are in a setup with the scum team being different colors.

How does the rules clarification narrow down the possible setups?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Guys I am the hidden orcale the scum are on different teams, I will make sure the first scum to claim wins on color.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Guys I am the hidden orcale the scum are on different teams, I will make sure the first scum to claim wins on color.

Good idea, Yes scum, please claim so we can make this game easier.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

The Science of Suck posted:

How does the rules clarification narrow down the possible setups?

My logic was if the scum team is the same color this rule addendum wouldn't be necessary. It's very much a meta argument I agree.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Good idea, Yes scum, please claim so we can make this game easier.

I'm serious, we can just arrange it so that the only loser is one scum (whoever claims last).

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
you know keane, if you're not gonna explain your logic its gonna make it hard for me to not think you're just making up poo poo to seem towny

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CCKeane posted:

So this puts us in Configuration C or D

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

HiipFire posted:

you know keane, if you're not gonna explain your logic its gonna make it hard for me to not think you're just making up poo poo to seem towny

We kill one scum and arrange the kills/votes so it resolves in lylo.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

I'm serious, we can just arrange it so that the only loser is one scum (whoever claims last).

Thats racist, I want to win the normal townie way.

Unity betwen colors, lets get the scums!

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

HiipFire posted:

Normally I'd agree but he essentially role claimed in a power role light environment - what if there was an oracle counter claim? It seems pretty risky for day 1.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Now, I mean, it'd be hilarious if the scum claimed in the middle of D1, but I don't think that's going to happen?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Six people have posted so far, so one of you is scum.

Cone on, we can tear this game open!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Just do it! Because if you don't and we get you, we can just sac you and have everybody else win. Scum claims after the other is voted off, everybody wins but the voted scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i still dont get but ill just go do some other poo poo and come back to your thing in like an hour

• Locked thread