Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

quote:

The abuse, it wasn't just abuse. It was deliberate, calculated, torture. My mother is incapable of loving, she is a predator, and myself and my siblings, we were her narcissistic supply. Her abuse dolls that she could amuse herself by tormenting. The cult school was just another part of the conditioning we were put through to normalize the abuse. My entire childhood I was just a thing for a sick gently caress to get her jollies off by loving with. And my Father, he was her co-dependent enabler. He taught us kids to accept it all and blame ourselves, while he stayed away from the house as much as he could arrange on endless "business". When he was home he acted the part of enforcer, when our mother was away he made elaborate excuses for her, even pantomiming her Narcissistic rages (She would scream things like "FUCKMYSHITFUCKMYSHITFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!" at the top of her lungs at the slightest provocation, often while striking us kids with various implements.). This in conjunction with witnessing similar behaviors from the parents of our friends on our rare sleepovers lead us to believe that this was how good parents raised their children. Only bad parents did not practice godly discipline, and that is why "worldly" children grew up to be drug addicts and gangsters. Or worse, gay.

:stonk:

How are you still alive Prestor. Nobody should have to endure that kind of hosed child hood. :sympathy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

McAlister posted:

Yeah, something along those lines. The chewy nougat center of this is the elevation of story over reality ... Healthy people tell stories to explain reality and update their stories as discoveries are made or reality changes.

These people try to change reality to fit their stories.

Everyone does this a little because stories have inertia and the confirmation bias a good story generates has to be overcome to replace it. But when your response to carbon dating is to proclaim that satan planted the dinosaur bones to fool scientists ... Um ... Modifying "narrative" with "pathological" accurately describes that.

:freep:

Terry Pratchett warned us about such people!

Seriously, I think that was the plot of several of his better novels.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Polybius91 posted:

Congrats on winning the case, PJ!

One thing I found funny was that the video showed a picture of the Rainbow White House, then the guy started talking about Sharia law a few minutes later. Because... right-wing fundamentalist Muslims are apparently super friendly with gays?

They haven't quite figured out the dogwhistle for ZE GAYS yet, so they defaulted to ZE MOSLEMS instead.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

:stare:

Well that's a hell of a terrifying prediction PJ, and a good reason to vote D for the foreseeable future, if for no reason then to keep the narritivists away from power. May demons infest Rupert Murdoch's bowels and fire ants hollow out his skull! :freep:

Also we need a better term for mainstream republicans then GOP-e. :barf:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

:stonk:

So this is the way the world ends.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

:captainpop:

Holy poo poo that is my city! As in the city I currently reside in, not a city I actually own.

While it seems like a city named after Andrew Jackson certainly deserves what ACE would bring down on it, no child deserves to be subjected to ACE. :smithicide:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Hell, same.

Sup has a punchline of a football team in his town buddy. :smith::hf::smith:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Who would the narritevsts start a war with first (if they got into power)? Would it be only one war? Would it be a war with only one enemy at a time? Would the draft be reinstated?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

We've progressed to full The Running Man in our political discourse. :psyduck:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

At this point the best course of action would be to compile PJ's stuff into a decent theis, mass email it to every remaining sane Republican, with the attached note to take it like men for the sake of American representative government. :911:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

All the great philosophers seem to be German, I guess being Europe whipping boy for a couple of centuries will do that to an culture. :geno:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Woolie Wool posted:

I have to disagree with PJ about the idea of a Republican victory leading to the victorious Narrativists wanting to reinstate the draft. Part of the whole strategy is dismantling the conscription-based civilian army of the country's past and replacing it with an exclusive, exclusionary warrior caste that serves the agenda of the Narrativists alone and can be used to wage war against black people and other undesirable groups. This process is by now nearly complete. The Narrativists don't need overwhelming manpower, they need ideological purity and the current volunteer structure of the US military is the best way for them to get it. The all-volunteer, special-ops-heavy War on Terror military is a nascent regime protection force for the regime they hope to create.

The US military must be purged, destroyed, and rebuilt from scratch to cleanse the Narrativist infection from it. It is liberalism that would benefit from a draft. It is a good thing that the US has no serious strategic threats as this process would wreck the country's ability to fight a serious war for decades (an army built from nothing out of raw conscripts with very few experienced officers is an incredibly lovely army no matter how much money is spent on them). That's how bad the situation with the US military is.

Good luck fighting all the people the Narrativists want to fight without the drafts manpower though. Especially if we try and take on Russia.

Jesus that would be a cluster gently caress. Even if it didn't go Nuclear.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

As much as some people like to scream and yell about how we need to bring the draft back to force cowards to fight the draft just flat out isn't ever coming back. A volunteer army is basically better than a conscripted one is literally every way.

Exact it decouples the consequences of making war from the decision to go to war. :eng99:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

This is less a human being, and more a SNL sketch released into the wild. It is almost beyond parody. :dogbutton:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Prester John posted:

Entirely possible. Having given the matter some more thought, I am now backing away from my own analysis. Its too far fetched at this point, even for me. I must state as a result that I truly don't know what is going on with Fox News, I see a bunch of conflicting signals. On the one hand events have played out almost perfectly for uniting Narrativists behind Donald Trump. On the other hand, suggesting that Fox has done this all on purpose strains credulity a bit. I am going to sit back and watch because I no longer can guess at what is driving Fox News, I can however explain the impact this is having on Narrativists.

Erick son of Erick just publicly dis-invited Trump from a Conservative gathering and invited Megyn Kelly in her place.

This is going to be the start of a beautiful new stage in the GOP civil war. Right Wing Narrativists are going to react about as well to this as #Gamergaters would react to one of their own being snubbed in favor of Zoe Quinn. They are almost certain to hit the roof, declare Redstate a hive of RINO's, and scream about political correctness at the top of their lungs. Erick son of Erick really does not seem to understand his own radicalized audience but oh holy gently caress is he about to get a hard lesson. :a2m: Get your popcorn ready folks, this poo poo is going to be amazing.

:getin:

I realize we're watching the further radicalization of the Republican party but damned if it doesn't make for good TV. :munch:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

If I remember right, that was a specific FOX affiliate station.

:derp: "Oh my god, you just knocked fox off the air!"

:fry: "Psh, like anyone on earth cares."

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Prester John posted:

Oathkeepers in full gear out walking with protesters in Ferguson and conducting patrols of neighborhoods. Bonus stump speech for how Trump will save the country if he is elected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuYVd36LpCw

Is it just me, or do those blacks look nervous as gently caress around those oathkeepers?

I mean, unregulated dudes with guns hanging around crowds of :airquote: uppity :airquote: blacks has never ended badly before right?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Plus just by showing up and talking in front of the camera, these oathkeepers have taken a black social equality thing, and turned into a white whatever the hell the oathkeepers stand for anyway thing. Hijacking a protest might be the most blatant example of privilege ever displayed on god's green earth. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Goon's forgetting their Terry Pratchett ITT. Specifically, Granny Weatherwax's quote about treating people like things.

• Locked thread