Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Wrestlemania 31

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman © vs. Roman Reigns

Triple H vs. Sting

Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker

WWE United States Championship Match
Rusev w/ Lana vs. John Cena

Seth Rollins w/ J & J Security vs. Randy Orton

WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Wade Barrett © vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. Daniel Bryan

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
featuring The Miz, Curtis Axel, Ryback, Fandango, Adam Rose, Zack Ryder, Jack Swagger, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, Big Show, Kane, Erick Rowan, Damien Mizdow, Goldust, Mark Henry, Sin Cara, Konnor, Viktor, Goldust, Heath Slater, & the Winner of an NXT Tournament between Adrian Neville, Finn Balor, Tyler Breeze, and Hideo Itami

Nikki Bella & Brie Bella vs. AJ Lee & Paige

Wrestlemania 31 Preshow Kickoff - WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal Four Way Match:
Tyson Kidd & Cesaro w/ Natalya © vs. Los Matadores (Diego & Fernando) w/ El Torito vs. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey) w/ Naomi vs. The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, and Big E)

RAW REVIEW

Raw opens with Sting coming to the ring. He is excited to be on Raw. Sting says that WWE and HHH have been so kind to give everyone a history lesson about him so he gives one about HHH. He says HHH is too full of him and thinks he is unstoppable, but he'll find out how wrong his is at Mania. Sting says this isn't about WCW and just about getting rid of the Authority. Stephanie McMahon comes down and calls Sting a nobody hold out from WCW. She says he's a dog loyal to its master long after the master has been gone. Steph says Sting was a big fish in a small pond that was WCW but now he's just a minnow swimming with sharks in WWE. Steph goes to slap Sting but he catches her arm and on cue HHH comes out ready to fight. Stephanie leaves the ring as HHH circles it and she hands her husband his Sledgehammer. HHH goes to get in the ring but Sting has his Bat and swings it around in the air like a mad man. This scares Triple H so he and Steph back away.

R-Truth and Dean Ambrose defeat Stardust and Luke Harper when Truth pins Stardust. Bad News Barrett was on commentary. Truth and Ambrose dance in the ring I guess.

A video for Brock Lensar aired.

Renee Young is out with people from the Special Olympics. They give Goku power for his Spirit Bomb.

A pretaped interview with Roman Reigns airs. His blue contacts still look awful and they keep showing footage of him with brown eyes and its so much better.

Andre Memorial Battle Royal Tag Match Extravaganza featuring Bill Simmons on commentary.

Zack Ryder, Prime Time Players, Erick Rowan and Ryback defeat Miz, Mizdow, Adam Rose and the Ascension when Ryback pins Miz. Zack Ryder has officially won a match in 2015.

Randy Orton defeats J & J Security and Seth Rollins after RKOing Jamie Noble. Seth abandoned J & J.

John Cena was interviewed in a pretape segment. John Cena said he wanted to go to every country and prove that America is better than everyone to dispute Russia.

Paige and AJ are backstage bickering about who will face Nikki for the Divas title tonight. Paige calls AJ crazy.

A video about Taker vs Bray aired.

Nikki Bella defeated Paige to retain her Divas title after a 13min match. AJ accidentally hit Paige because she thought she was a Bella. After the match AJ and Paige brawl.

Snoop Dogg comes down to the ring with four heel divas dancing by his side. Snoop talking about Snoopmania and how he is a home town boy. Curtis Axel and AxelMania come out to take on SnoopMania because it doesn't have a good ring to it. Snoop and Axel talk about Snoopmania, Axelmania, and Wrestlemania...but only one Mania really counts right now and thats Hulkamania. Hulk Hogan comes to the ring and puts over Wrestlemania and Snoopmania. Hogan said he's listened to Snoops first LP to know that Snoopmania will last forever. Hogan questions Axelmania and goes over to the expert that is Snoop to ask him what Axel is smoking. Axel has had enough and Axels Up, ripping his shirt off and pointing to Hogan. He throws a punch and Hogan blocks it and punches Axel to the ground. Snoop Dogg then grabs Axel and throws him over the top rope. Snoop rips off his bandanna designed shirt that matched his bandanna designed pants to reveal a Hulkamania shirt. Hogan and Snoop pose together.

Los Matadors and El Torito defeated Tyson Kidd and Cesaro and Natalya when Torito pinned Natalya. The Usos were on commentary because a Fatal Four way including the New Day and the other 3 teams earlier is opening Wrestlemania.

Kane walked into Barrett's locker room and demanded his Intercontinental title. Barrett refused because he's been chasing down and fighting 6 other guys for it for weeks now. Kane says its his job because they have to hang the belt above the ring. If Barrett doesn't hand it over Kane will strip him of the title. Barrett gives it up and Kane laughs that he likes his odds at Wrestlemania.

Rusev vs. Jack Swagger is next and Lana is again nowhere to be seen. She's apparently filming a movie right now. Rusev has a jobber entrance but Swagger has a full entrance. Crowd chanting for Lana during this match. In a surprising twist Rusev defeats Jack Swagger by submission. Rusev refuses to break the Accolade until John Cena runs down for the save. Rusev and Cena brawl until Rusev tosses Cena into the barricade and then into the ring post. Rusev then launches Cena like a missile over the announce table as Rusev stands tall with his flag. Cena struggles to his feet so Rusev isn't done as he then super kicks Cena and throws him onto the announce table. Rusev then locks in the Accolade on the announce table refusing to break it.

Bray Wyatt comes out and he has his own special banner for his name like Undertaker. Bray talks about how people are afraid and they hid all the time. He talks about people being greedy about money because they go day to day instead of enjoying things. Bray says people are liars. People put on make up to cover sores and cuts and those people are liars. Bray says he is not a liar. He is getting drowned out in Undertaker chants. He says Undertaker is a liar and that makes him just like everyone else. He says Taker is a liar about not wanting to be destroyed and taking back to his origins. The thundering spirits rage behind Bray. Bray says its him and its his powers. However it is no longer his. Bray controls it all, Bray is the new controller of the spirits. He is the judge and he as found Undertaker guilty and has sentenced him to death. Bray says its his time to become the new god and at Wrestlemania he will grant Taker his oppertunity to rest in peace. The lights go crazy as thunder echos in the arena.

Kevin Nash is the last member of the WWE Hall of Fame for 2015. Eat poo poo Ray Stevens.

Tyson Kidd wants to gently caress his box of Burger King Chicken Fries while Natalya is putting on make up. Natalya is behind a wall and thinks he is talking to her. She gets mad and steals his chicken fries and tries to eat them seductively but Tyson really wants to gently caress the fries so she keeps them to herself. Meanwhile Cesaro is waiting for the McRib to come back. There was also a Chicken Fries chant so you know this was a good crowd. Or a hungry one.

Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler with a special guest referee from the Ladder Match is next. The crowd didn't pick Referee Stardust or dirty ref shirt Luke Harper for this, they instead picked Dean Ambrose. Dolph Ziggler defeats Daniel Bryan again like he did on Smackdown. Dean tries raising Dolph's hand but Dolph shrugs him off so Dean lays out Ziggler. Dean grabs a ladder tries to climb i until Harper, Barrett, Truth, and Stardust come out looking to get the belt. All of them scramble for the belt and fight until none of them stand tall except for the ladder. Harper might have hurt himself.

Paul Heyman is out in the ring with Brock Lesnar and Heyman is still trying to sell the idea of Roman vs. Lesnar. Like he literally said he has said all he can to get the match over with anyone watching to order the WWE Network. Heyman says he has always said Brock would do something and he has been proven right the last 3 times. Heyman says Roman can't and he won't even though his new catch phrase says opposite Roman comes down says nothing and is booed over Lesnar. There are let's go Lesnar chants and cheers for Brock as he raises the belt above Roman's head. Roman rips the belt out of Brock's hands and gets booed out of the building. Roman and Brock play tug of war with the belt and get really close to each other to end Raw. Seriously. They didn't even loving fight. It just ended with them yanking the belt between each other with Roman being booed. Great go home show to Wrestlemania 31.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lol

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
What the hell was that ending?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Final Raw before Wrestlemania ends with a tug of war between two four year olds.

There is no :psyduck: big enough.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
this is miserable to watch

Mr.Booter
Oct 9, 2005
What?
Tug of War... wow

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

A good raw, enjoyed it.

I most enjoyed the power of Roman Reigns.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I hope the match at mania just continues with them tugging on the belt.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Someone photoshop a Tickle Me Elmo in the spot of the title for that ending segment because that was pretty much what it was.

modern villian
May 4, 2009
Of course. Just...of course.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Writer Cath posted:

What the hell was that ending?

The hilarious crowd reaction and the five-year-olds on a playground tug of war, it had it all

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
MAH GOD MAGGLE R-TRUTH STOLE THE WWE TITLE

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
At Wrestlemania, I want Brock to Superman Punch Roman's face in then Spear him straight to hell.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

The go home RAW for Mania ended with the the champion and his challenger fighting over the belt like two toddlers fighting over a toy on the playground.

Bad WWE owns

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I like how when Stephanie's slap failed and Sting was all nuh uh, rather than run out immediately and save his wife HHH is all on the headset YO HIT MY MUSIC

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

That was horrible.

I mean its their biggest show of the year, they should at least be able to think up one big 'Austin beer truck' or 'Lesnar / Big Show ring break' scale of event to promote it. They literally have a full year to come up with it.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

They either need to throw infinite money at Lesnar so that he stays and retains, or have Rollins cash in so that Reigns doesn't get completely blown out of the building the next night on RAW.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
did i just watch a 3 hour Rugrats marathon?

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
That was almost certainly the worst possible booked final hour of a Go Home Raw in a long while (ever?)

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
That could have been Bryan hitting Lesnar with a knee or something in an alternate universe where wwe isn't bad and awful

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't heard a face get booed that hard in a long-rear end time

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
tuned in at 8:20, tuned out at 8:30

I win

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I love the WWE. It's so gooooooood.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
while it's obviously far too late for TNA to salvage anything they have, I wonder if ROH and Lucha Underground look at this and get excited about their growth potential over the next year and beyond if WWE stays this bad

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

you think santa clara has already suffered enough with the fall of the 49ers

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I haven't heard a face get booed that hard in a long-rear end time

That crowd was united. Reigns wasn't even getting the Cena "only girls and little kids" cheers.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GLOSS posted:

Someone photoshop a Tickle Me Elmo in the spot of the title for that ending segment because that was pretty much what it was.

I have legit seen harder fights for a tickle me elmo.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

That was horrible.

I mean its their biggest show of the year, they should at least be able to think up one big 'Austin beer truck' or 'Lesnar / Big Show ring break' scale of event to promote it. They literally have a full year to come up with it.

Imagine if for the build up to Mania, Reigns just went on a Rhyno level spearing people through the set killing spree.

Nah instead he loses to Big Show and then tugs of war.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
If you DVR-ed the show, go back and watch the reaction when Roman takes the belt from Lesnar. I've rewatched it three times already and it doesn't get old.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
youll like what i tell you to like dammit

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

i didn't realize vince's office has a hidden camera

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
Wrestlemania is going to be a glorious spectacle for all the wrong (right) reasons.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Bard Maddox posted:

The amazing thing is that Vince thinks this is all good and no one will tell him or HHH otherwise because of job security.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Not inducting Ray Stevens in San Francisco is such a gently caress you to Pat Patterson that I wonder if they think it is some sort of rib

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

That ending was a bigger turd than Daniel Bryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

abraham linksys posted:

while it's obviously far too late for TNA to salvage anything they have, I wonder if ROH and Lucha Underground look at this and get excited about their growth potential over the next year and beyond if WWE stays this bad

• Locked thread