Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

toddy. posted:

Well if I disappear at least we all know I've been kidnapped by youtube commenters. Reason: "Sex Voice(?)"
Send help.

Wait is that the same person that said we were both Morgan Freeman? I recall that being a comment we screamed about but I may have been drugged for the case mentioned previously.

No, that really happened

https://twitter.com/yoshesque/status/590664578171801600

The lesson here is: don't be weird. If you're weird I will mock you.

ManlyGrunting posted:

I have to say I'm kind of confused by how much trouble you have with the stinger attack, since I find it one of the sage's easier attacks to dodge. Maybe fighting Dante in Devil May Cry 4 (or anyone in God Hand) has given me really good reflexes for when an opponent suddenly shifts stances. :v:
It still weirds me out how we have such entirely inverted opinions on the quality of the two games though, I wonder what;s up with that.
e: I feel you on the QTE though. I got a fantastic combo score on the boss thanks to Kafka, dropped the controller for a second for the cutscene forgetting about it and watched my beautiful platinum trophy go up in smoke.

I'm pretty much just going to quote this interview from Kamiya when it comes to the audio/visual cues in Bayonetta 2:

quote:

Can you talk a bit about the sound effects when you rotate the camera to outside the battle area when the enemy does a long-range attack?
Yes. This is also my policy from Devil May Cry. What I like is Marionettes with the shotgun. When it shoots, the wrist rotates. So if you hear a kind of rattling noise off-screen, then you know a shot will come, "boom!" At this moment you will lose a lot of energy. But you heard the rattling, so you could have evaded. If there was no warning, it would be too dirty. It must be user friendly. It's the same in Bayonetta. That's why this game has no complex commands for techniques. Because of false inputs... "If I could do this technique, I could counter, but I failed and was damaged." That would not add up. I want the player to be able to trust in our input method completely. If you were damaged, you may think, "That was dirty!" We make an adjustment so that you then think, "But I was not good enough, because I did not react." That is our method. You can then say, "Wow! This enemy is strong!" This is the key. I can't win, but when I play, I see the attack chance. I had to Evade here and attack. Since I'm an old man, I can't react anymore. Amuro could have won.

For me the Stinger attack is cheap because it comes out of nowhere. He can teleport off screen then do any number of different attacks, and while most of them are cued in some way, the stinger has nothing. It defies the enemy design brief that Kamiya established in the first game, and my mentality goes from 'yeah, I screwed up' to 'when is he going to go off screen and do that lovely attack with no windup'. You can compare this directly with Jeanne from the first game whose attacks were all telegraphed in some way, yet still managed to be as good or better than the Masked Lumen as a rival boss.

Look at this bullshit. Literal microseconds before ruining another recording.

yoshesque fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Update 08: Ice And Fire No talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Download

Golem

A biological weapon made by the God of Chaos as a means of protecting his city.

It is able to freely shapeshift into countless biological creatures, accessing their signatures and morphing its liquid metal body into their form. Upon encountering an invader, Golem immediately analyzes their threat level and switches to the most appropriate battle form for their disposal.

With the God of Chaos presently absent, it is still said to lie dormant, ready to obliterate those who would carelessly enter Aesir's realm.

Allegiance

Allegiance belongs to the Principalities, ranked seventh in the angelic hierarchy and part of the Third Sphere. While Third Sphere angels are the most common type encountered in the physical realm, Allegiance, clad in solid gold armor, appears only during times of strife between Paradiso and the human world, in order to purge the armies of evil spirits.

Legends exist of Allegiance appearing before the kings of feudal nations who have prayed for the emergence of a hero; however, there are also stories of Allegiance seeing through the evil in these kings' hearts and instantly reducing their thrones to rubble.

Greed

An abnormal creature possessing three necks, six legs, and nine stomachs.

Though they are constantly hungry, they are unable to shed the waste left behind from their constant gluttony. Those who are devoured by Greed are destined to be trapped for eternity, forever cut off from the cycle of death and rebirth.

At times he was tasked as the gatekeeper of hell, denying entrance to unwanted visitors, yet no victim can ever satiate his endless appetite. Previous "owners" still remain trapped inside his stomachs, waiting for the day of his defeat.

Pride

A fallen angel from Paradiso who once served God as a blazing chariot.

Bearing the name Pride, those who summon him trade their ears and eyes for power and pleasure.

However, those who call him forth must be careful with his power: he controls his reins, not the one who summoned him. And once the flames of the chariot have been ignited, they cannot be extinguished. Not even by Pride himself.

A Seal

A seal.
That which is used to keep what is dangerous or important from the reach of others.

When the human world was still new, they say there used to be entrances to Inferno and Paradiso all over, but with time they were almost all destroyed by the followers of God.

Yet, other entrances were too large to be torn down by human hands. God sealed these gates away in almost impossible to reach areas: some so high that only his eyes could see, and some far, far under the water's surface. He created impenetrable barriers around the doors so no one could ever enter.

If you think about it in another way, this means that those entrances still exist. They've simply been sealed away.

And as they say, seals are made to be broken. If the door's locked, all you need to do is find the key.

Although, I suppose the first problem you have to face is actually finding one of these gates in the first place...

Angels and Demons

While we call our own kind in this realm "humans," we also give names to the inhabitants of other worlds as well: beings from Paradiso are angels, and the creatures of Inferno are known as demons. Sometimes they're the focus of our worship, and sometimes they're the source of our fear.

You might not be able to see them, but have you ever felt their presence?

Their worlds are right next to ours. Sometimes, they're standing right beside us. We are told that they're "watching over" the human world, but they've been sighted plenty of times as well.

There are people who actually have the power to see these angels and demons. Looking at the descriptions and pictures they leave behind, we usually see angels depicted as punishers of evil who lead the pious to a land overflowing with pure light. Demons get depicted as humans who have died unfortunate deaths or fallen angels who are reborn to spread death and suffering.

Witches most likely get their bad reputation from their association with demons, even though the Umbra are just as human as we are.

And when it comes down to it, we possess qualities of both angels and demons, while constantly doing anything to accomplish our own selfish ends... which might make us the most terrifying creatures in existence.

Guardian

God made a special place to protect his Remembrances of Time, which came to be known as the Garden of God. The garden needed a strong protector to watch over his creations.

The guardian was a robot-like soldier, built to obey only the orders of its creator. It could change its form freely to whatever would defeat its opponent in the swiftest manner possible.

With time, humans discovered the fearful soldier God had created and imitated this technology to build their own soldier of war, the Golem. While Golem was originally intended to be used as a protector of their homelands, its power became too great to control. Eventually, mankind was left with no other choice but to seal the Golem off in another dimension.

As for the original guardian that God created, what it's doing now is anyone's guess. Who knows, it might still be lying in wait somewhere, keeping its territory safe from intruders.

This means it's not the safest bet to be loitering around in any kind of sacred realm, if you catch my drift.

Garden of God

In the past, God watched over the human world all by himself.

The human world is always in a state of flux. Time flows endlessly, bringing death and new life. That which disappears is eventually forgotten. God felt mercy for existence and tried to grant them eternity with the Remembrance of Time.

At intervals, he would quietly appear in the human world and observe creation, slowly building Remembrances of Time.

He created a special place to store the great deal of memories he had created. This place was known as the Garden of God and described in children's stories as a place in the depths of Lake Noatun.

It is said to be full of the places and things found in the lives of ancient civilizations cut off from the ebb of time. Something tells me it wouldn't be the best place for your normal citizen to go wandering around in.

Even if the whole thing is just made up, I wouldn't be me if I didn't at least try to find it.

Demonic Currency

Every once in a while, you find someone either brave or stupid enough to pick a fight with angels and demons. A word of advice: save the epic battles for video games. Meet one of these monsters for real, and the only smart choice is to run.

If you have a death wish, I won't try and stop you, but at least make sure to arm yourself with the proper weaponry. Everyday guns and knives are nothing more than a minor irritation to these beings; they won't even leave a scratch. You need something with a lot more bite.

How does one acquire such a weapon?

As hardworking, upstanding citizens like you and I eke out our meagre existence, in a certain establishment these types of goods switch hands daily. Sequestered in the shadow of gaudy neon, this part bar, part armory makes its home in the dankest corner of the city.

The Gates of Hell.

The unremarkable façade opens into an equally unremarkable pub. But those who enter via a secret door will meet a weaponsmith without equal. This, however, is easier said than done: even if you find the door, one look from the barkeep, and most don't make it past the threshold.

And don't even think of trying to buy these articles with money. Remarkable weapons require something remarkable in payment--namely, the glowing halos that crown angels or the metals that carry a demon's essence. The types of currency that, while sinister, are said to be treasures of incomparable beauty.

If you are looking for a discount, the right brand of Japanese sake makes any deal more palatable. You should be able to get him to hand over at least a priceless talisman or two.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
I always figured that first Golem transformation was meant to be the horse...thing you summon that slices things up like Raiden in Revengeance.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I was going to suggest you do a crossover update with AccountingNightmare for DMC4 now she's back.

But apparently that's already happened!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wait, what line was supposed to be a GoT reference? I have no idea what you were talking about.

The Legend of Korra game is almost exactly what you'd expect from a budget Platinum title. The combat system and difficulty progression is there, the animations and levels are just simpler than full-price games. I'd recommend it.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 18, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It looks like the idea is that Luka can leave the journals in those locations because they're actually places from Notvenice pulled out of time by Loki McTotallynotGodderson. These are all locations he'd previously reconstructed with one of his headache fits.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Sindai posted:

Wait, what line was supposed to be a GoT reference? I have no idea what you were talking about.

I mentioned it because I knew the line was coming up, but didn't remember whether it was in this chapter or the next one. I'll point out the line in next week's update. I just think it's weird they put a GoT reference of all things into this game.

Veloxyll posted:

I was going to suggest you do a crossover update with AccountingNightmare for DMC4 now she's back.

But apparently that's already happened!

Well, I guess if people want to see me be absolutely not AccountingNightmare at DMC4, I am totally up for a switcheroo. Keeping in mind I have never finished the game and never even got to the Dante missions. v:v:v

i am not actually in the DMC4 LP, it is a joke because AN and I are both australian ladies who play action games

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I bet if you swapped games most people wouldn't notice until you started taking damage.

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Sindai posted:

The Legend of Korra game is almost exactly what you'd expect from a budget Platinum title. The combat system and difficulty progression is there, the animations and levels are just simpler than full-price games. I'd recommend it.

The game really feels like a low-budget PS2 title. There's not a lot of content and barely any replayability value. I've never watched the show and I can tell you that after beating the game, I still have no idea what's going on and who the characters are -- there's only 10 to 20 minutes of cutscenes total in the whole game. If you have a younger brother/little cousin who's fan of the show and who likes video games, then yeah, it can be a decent gift. LoK is a good gateway into technical games like DMC and Bayo, if you're a kid.

For a grown-up who knows how to play video games though, you won't really enjoy yourself and probably will never come back to it. If you're like me and you're fond of the DMC / Bayonetta series, you'll play it once or twice, maybe work a combo video or two then forget about it in two weeks. The combat system is quite solid actually, for what it is. It's like a dumbed-down Bayonetta and MGR, there's a ton of way for you to mess around and create combos if you're creative and feel motivated enough to learn the basic mechanics.

Here's a combo vid by one of my buddy, it should give you an idea as how technical the game can be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hax17hfTcjE

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Note: I was a dumb and lost my local copy of the documentation for this update, so it'll have to wait until I get home to update the texts properly. Text from the Bayonetta wiki has been used as a placeholder.

Update 09: Trashbag Realness No talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Download

武甕槌 Takemikazuchi

A giant hammer forged from breaking down the thunder god Takemikazuchi's divine sword, the Futsuno-mitama.

Though harnessing adequate power as a sword, Rodin decided to rebuild it as a hammer to suit his personal tastes.

One swing will cause the heavens to split and the earth to tremble.

Prophet

Waiting for Bayonetta and Loki at the Gates of Hell was the masked Lumen Sage and a mysterious unknown figure. The unknown presence seemed to have an outline that blurred ever so slightly, as if it were not an actual physical form. Yet from it radiated an ominous aura so thick one could feel the insides of their body being ripped apart.

Seemingly neither purely physical nor purely spiritual, nor angel, nor demon, for an instant a hint of confusion flashed across Bayonetta's features as she looked upon this fearsome opponent.

"Umbra Witch, is that the limit of your power?
Did you never open your eyes to your true potential?"

-Chapter 3
The True Vigrid Chronicles
Saavedra

Malicious

A master occultist of Inferno who is the embodiment of malice. Stealing various names from different creatures in hell, Malicious is just one name by which he is known.

Inexperienced witches will unwittingly summon Malicious and be tricked into forming a contract with him before knowing his true identity or appearance.

No matter how kind or courteous Malicious may act, he is not to be trusted under any circumstances. He is a shaman of hell who finds his greatest delight in deceiving and betraying others, trapping them in regret and hopelessness.

Hekatoncheir

A giant endowed with six fearsome arms capable of pulverizing mountains; those unfortunate enough to fall underfoot of the demon are subject to days-long violent earthquakes.

Lacking knowledge, but brimming with brutality, it is said that even the most powerful of conjurers should take heed of the danger this beast presents.

yoshesque fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 26, 2015

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Takemikazuchi is the thunder god (glorious nippon mythos) and also the original mythical sumo wrestler. He is also known for performing sweet pins and holds on giant catfish.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Note that Takemikazuchi is a sword god as well as a thunder god :shepface:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

yoshesque posted:

Well, I guess if people want to see me be absolutely not AccountingNightmare at DMC4, I am totally up for a switcheroo. Keeping in mind I have never finished the game and never even got to the Dante missions. v:v:v

i am not actually in the DMC4 LP, it is a joke because AN and I are both australian ladies who play action games

It worked great when ]Psychadellic Eyeball had a frog in his throat.

That's the joke!

edit: It would've been nice if they'd just left it at "That was unexpected"

And I can agree with maybe not have the player who just won a boss fight get schooled by the person THEY JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF. Like "oh, you thought you won. ohohoho."
But maybe I'm crazy or something.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 25, 2015

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

loki please
http://a.pomf.se/bqeyqb.mp4

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Look at that helpful sidle.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
We just need someone to start an okami lp, and an anarchy reigns lp to have every type of game that platinum's done going at the same time :v:

Also about mgs5, what I understand is that he is fired, but they contracted him to finish the game, which seems like a really odd way of doing things.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 25, 2015

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

That's perfect!

Nalesh posted:

We just need someone to start an okami lp, and an anarchy reigns lp to have every type of game that platinum's done going at the same time :v:

Anarchy Reigns nooooooo

Nalesh posted:

Also about mgs5, what I understand is that he is fired, but they contracted him to finish the game, which seems like a really odd way of doing things.

Publishers contracting developers is no strange thing, I would've assumed it was the norm in that industry.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Talking about Platinum staff that worked on DMC4, the only one I know for definite, is the cutscene action choreographer, who's responsible for poo poo like Dante shooting pool balls, using a bike as a weapon and all the other fun stuff.
---

Baal chat - Bael, Ba'al or Baal was originally an honorific for "Lord" and was applied to the names of various gods. The title was later (literally) demonised.

As a demon he was represented as a weird hybrid of a cat, a man and frog. :frogc00l:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

That frog has seen some poo poo.

toddy. posted:

That's perfect!

Anarchy Reigns nooooooo

Publishers contracting developers is no strange thing, I would've assumed it was the norm in that industry.

Meant more like firing a developer then going "oh poo poo we can't finish this without that dude" then contracting him to finish it after they fired him :v:

(Also Anarchy Reigns was fun, I will fight you)

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Documentation has been updated for those who care.

bitch pls
(I love this, this is great)

Nalesh posted:

Madworld/Infinite Space: "..."

edit: oh, in case anybody wasn't sure what I meant by my problem with Bayonetta's guns in that cutscene:
"Old" Bayonetta in that cutscene has the wrong guns in her shoes. They're clearly not either Scarborough Fair or Love Is Blue:

Confirmed in this shot here that the guns are in fact Jeanne's guns for some reason:

Jeanne's guns being her old All 4 One but with cat charms instead of the pink ostrich feathers:

For reference here is what the "old" versions of Bayo and Jeanne are supposed to look like:

Again, like the normal shadow/not Madama Butterfly shadow that Bayonetta sometimes gets in cutscenes, it's an incredibly :spergin: detail, but it's very obvious if you're paying attention.

yoshesque fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 26, 2015

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Oh, by the way. That book that you were talking about with all the weird demons that you thought Baal would be from, could be from one of two books actually.

Most likely you meant The Lesser Key of Solomon, also known as Lemegeton. The Lesser Key has a whole bunch of Sections, the bit with all the demons listed is the Ars Goetia it lists 72, Baal/Beal is the first. The Lesser Key is probably the Grimoire most people think of when they think of weird books about demons and magic.

You might also have meant De Praestigiis Daemonums though. It has a demon listing: Pseudomonarchia Daemonum. This lists 69 demons, here too Baal/Beal is the first entry.

Those are ofcourse not the only Grimoires or books that have things to say about Demons or Angels. They are however pretty famous and have utterly confused authorships, which adds to the mystery. The following though can be said with actual certaintly.

The cool image posted by Pesky Splinter is from Dictionnaire Infernal originally published in 1818 by the author Jacques Auguste Simon Collin de Plancy. However a 1863 edition featured 69 illustrations by Louis Le Breton.

Later "copies" of the The Lesser Key of Solomon incorporated many of those illustrations. Ofcourse since these books are "modern" enough and we know who wrote them and published them people don't care nearly as much about them, not enough mystery there.

I could go on much much longer about Grimoires and their weird histories, rewrites and bizzare attributions of authorship and references but I don't think it'd add much to the LP.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Update 10: Demon Tedium No talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Talking over cutscenes(Polsy) | Download

Salamandra

Chainsaws that resourcefully use every inch of the infernal dragon Salamandra. Its sharp scales were forged into the weapons' teeth, and its heart supplies their engines.

At full throttle, their teeth easily rip apart even the hardest of iron skin and ravage deep through the flesh below.

Resentment

It is said that a curse is cast upon the families of those who die an unnatural death while bearing feelings of hatred and ill will.

Resentment, born from the sludge of Inferno, is an exact manifestation of those bitter, repressed emotions inside humanity.

Once it has chosen a victim, it will follow them forever, no matter the distance, until it can tie them down and make them feel the weight of the pains of hell. Its tenacity is far beyond that of the other demons of Inferno, and Resentment is said to have the ability to open the Gates of Hell through sheer willpower.

Witnessing this demon gives testimony to the truly unthinkable power of grudges humans find fit to hold in their hearts and never release.

Scolopendra

A vile centipede hailing from Frejentonta, a river of boiling blood in the depths of Inferno, rumors speak of its body exceeding ten kilometers in length.

Moving unlike anything its size, its deftness allows it to wrap around and constrict its prey in the blink of an eye.

Phantasmaraneae

Phantasmaraneae nests upon a sea of magma, deep within the furthest reaches of Inferno. Rarely seen upon the face of the Earth, even sightings of the demon in hell are a seldom event, leading to its name, which means phantom spider.

While having the frightening appearance of a spider, it is a curious beast, and should one have the good fortune to encounter the Phantasmaraneae, one should treat it with care and respect, in hope of receiving rare treasures and secrets in return.

The Phantasmaraneae are growing increasingly violent, perhaps due to recent occurrences of unnatural phenomena in the human world. Sightings of the creatures outside their molten lairs may be related to this change in behavior. Anyone who encounters one is advised to take caution: Phantasmaraneae can spit magma from their stomachs capable of incinerating victims within seconds.

Sloth

A demon who lies in wait for pious believers to be granted entrance to Paradiso so he can slice them apart and cast them to Inferno during their ascension.

The six swords sheathed in his back represent gluttony, profanity, doubt, idiocy, rage, and arrogance. Each blade awakens feelings in victims of its respective sin when cut.

At first, those who witness Sloth are filled with joy to reaffirm the truth in their religion. In the next moment, they are filled with sadness as they are tossed to the darkness of hell. Not only concerned with humans, Sloths have been responsible for countless fallen angels.

Overseer of Inferno

Inferno: the cruelest, most ruthless place in existence. Humans are said to end up in this hellish world upon meeting an untimely end. In Inferno, power controls everything. War between its demonic inhabitants is endless, and it isn't uncommon for rank to quickly change hands. I've been picking up a thing or two about the place at this bar I've been frequenting. Recently, just like in our world, there are some strange things occurring, and the denizens are starting to get a little restless. The owner of this bar advised me to keep my distance. Told me it might not be a place where I can get by on my good looks alone. Like that place exists! Even if it did, it's not like I could find my way there, even if I wanted to.

I keep mentioning this bar, but I'll have to keep its particulars to a minimum. I've made a deal with the owner that I won't disclose its location. It's too good of a source of information to leak where it is anyway. OK. Just a hint. It's a bar in the same city as the office my dad left behind. The bar keeps a low profile, tucked away in one of the darker parts of town. I wouldn't say it's the best place to take a date, but the owner's always got good stories. I end up getting most of the info I'm looking for there. It doesn't come cheap, though.

When you catch the bartender in a good mood, he'll tell you some strange tales. Worlds that are like something out of a kid's story to us: Paradiso, Inferno... he speaks about them with descriptions so realistic that you can get lost in the story pretty easily, and before you know it you've been listening to him talk the entire night. He's a strange guy, though. The few rare times I get a look past his sunglasses at those bloodstained, glowing red eyes, the gaze is so chilling I think it might freeze my very soul.

He always says you won't find a nicer angel anywhere you look, but something tells me that's just your run-of-the-mill demon joke.

Balance

There is a balance that exists in all things. Finding it isn't the easiest thing in the world, but when you do, few things give you a better sense of accomplishment.

Balance has a great deal of meaning to our world. The three realms our world is divided into--light, darkness, and chaos--have been carefully balanced as the Trinity of Realities, so as to not interfere with one another.

Although we say three realms, they originally existed as one. The split caused the balance between these worlds to sometimes be as delicate as walking across thin ice. If one realm were to eventually acquire power greater than the others, the balance of the three realms would easily fall into anarchy.

There are some with the ability to travel to Purgatorio, the realm between realms, or use gates to travel back and forth between different realms, sometimes causing chaos and confusion. Irresponsible use of this power can cause monumental problems for the Trinity. It can lead to wars between realms and devastating natural disasters.

At least, if I'm to believe the words of a certain bartender I've been spending too much time with.

Perhaps these natural disasters happening within the realms are some sign that this collapse in balance between the three realms is already under way.

Which reminds me, there have been some unnatural occurrences happening to me as well that could only be explained by a crisis sweeping all realms of existence. Getting my coat stuck in that car door, getting turned down by three girls in the same week... What other reason could there be than foul play in the balance of the Trinity!?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Resentments are indeed the worst.

Sloths are good. They make up for the dodging by having incredibly cool animations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, that hammer is pretty amazing in terms of how absolutely punishing it can be if you prep it or play right. Good job there. And I may have missed it, but what are you doing with all those devil bits you've been collecting? Is that Loki's upgrade currency or something?

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Man the color palette in this level looks like rear end and the enemy design is getting more and more convoluted. Who thought that having grey/dark enemies on grey/dark background was a good idea, it's hard to tell what they are doing and where they are half the time when they blend into the scenery.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Glazius posted:

Okay, that hammer is pretty amazing in terms of how absolutely punishing it can be if you prep it or play right. Good job there. And I may have missed it, but what are you doing with all those devil bits you've been collecting? Is that Loki's upgrade currency or something?
It's just a different skin for halos.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Hey, the Eternal Testimony. The first part of the unholy trinity of things that lets you break the game completely in half.

It's funny that you mention Tag Climax in the video. I have a feeling Platinum wanted all of Bayo 2 to be co-op, which is why you get so many little helpers over the course of the game. They must not have been able to get it to work quite right, but Tag Climax is legit fun so it's not a big loss!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Lets have an enemy that has 6 arms and jumps around and dodges way too much

And lets call it SLOTH.

Meanwhile, bringing the demontits is RESENTMENT.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I found a thing you guys might like:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

InfinityComplex posted:

No, I don't want to touch you. It's okay.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
I think I liked that level a lot better when I initially thought it was just going to be all centipedes vs. a demon tree or whatever.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I still find it funny that I didn't know you were australian, maybe it's because I'm biased since my old raid leader was an aussie(and she was aussie as gently caress to almost the point of stereotype), but I still don't hear it at all :v:

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

Holy poo poo is that Sam :eyepop:

Nalesh posted:

I still find it funny that I didn't know you were australian, maybe it's because I'm biased since my old raid leader was an aussie(and she was aussie as gently caress to almost the point of stereotype), but I still don't hear it at all :v:

Well, that's the first time someone has said I didn't sound Australian enough! I guess where I come from we have a reputation for sounding a little more "posh" and a lot less "ocker" than the rest of the country for some reason.

Sindai posted:

Resentments are indeed the worst.

Sloths are good. They make up for the dodging by having incredibly cool animations.

Oh, I totally forgot to mention in the update, but the baby ray is easily dealt with if you use Umbran Climax because it un-babbifies you. Also works for grab attacks and the like. UC tends to be the answer to a lot of things in this game.

EightFlyingCars posted:

Hey, the Eternal Testimony. The first part of the unholy trinity of things that lets you break the game completely in half.

It's funny that you mention Tag Climax in the video. I have a feeling Platinum wanted all of Bayo 2 to be co-op, which is why you get so many little helpers over the course of the game. They must not have been able to get it to work quite right, but Tag Climax is legit fun so it's not a big loss!

Yeah, Tag Climax is a lot of fun, especially on three-star difficulty (except the boss cards :argh:). It's pretty great tanking the framerate by filling the screen with hair and being unable to tell what you're doing, but goddamn does it look and feel great. I really wish the mechanics in this game were tight enough to be able to coordinate co-op combo videos, that would be amazing.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

yoshesque posted:

Holy poo poo is that Sam :eyepop:

yes

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Veloxyll posted:

Lets have an enemy that has 6 arms and jumps around and dodges way too much

And lets call it SLOTH.

Having it dodge everything is an extremely lazy way to program a difficult enemy.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
If I had to guess the shawl on the hammer's umbran elegance is a reference to Raijin, another Japanese god of thunder who was usually depicted with one.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

InfinityComplex posted:

For a piece of Bayonetta fan art this is severely lacking in rear end

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Zuzie posted:

Having it dodge everything is an extremely lazy way to program a difficult enemy.

This game definitely has a problem with artificial difficulty. Things like attacks that come from offscreen with no audio tell, or the fact that audio and visual tells disappear when enemies are enraged, giant enemies like Belief/Urbane/Gravitas that take forever to kill even when you know what you're doing, enemies that dodge all your attacks, enemies that literally cannot be hit without baiting out Witch Time; it all serves to artificially make the game harder, and at the same time, is an exercise in frustration. The game has a specific way it wants you to play and drat you if you want to try anything else. And hell yeah, it's loving lazy. Jeanne and Balder didn't need any of these things to be legitimately difficult bosses. Look at Grace and Glory/Gracious and Glorious. All these enemies which arguably are fair and not cheap lovely enemies like Masked Lumen or dodge-happy Sloth.

But it's okay, because Umbran Climax makes me feel warm and fuzzy hairy inside.

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

EightFlyingCars posted:

For a piece of Bayonetta fan art this is severely lacking in rear end

That brazilian package tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
if we can post more Bayonetta related fan art. Since Splatoon was released we got this.

• Locked thread