Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

yoshesque posted:

Example here, or at 16:30 if that didn't work.

That's a reference to Akuma's move, Shun Goku Satsu isn't it? I assume people got mad because he's smoking and lying down like that while Bayo/Jeanne are also lying on the floor, implying something sexual?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Man, you mentioned how there's not enough Moon River and now I've been listening to this track on loop for who knows how long.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

yoshesque posted:

The room with the disappearing platforms in the Tower to Truth chapter is slow as molasses, for example.

Worse than on PS3 or about the same? Because holy gently caress that stuff was slow on PS3.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
That was a really good discussion aaaaa

I watched some Aztez and like, it takes 2D character action and actually makes it not terrible. So many games I've seen try to do it, but it just looks so floaty and terrible, but Aztez looks like it has that "feeling", you know?

Also I'm so glad you guys talked about the importance of attack special effects in games, and that one video on that single Shuraba overhead strike with and without the special effects. The thing that really kills action games for me is when the dev is incapable of creating satisfying effects, and syncing them up properly with enemy reactions. This also explains why so many western games do absolutely nothing for me, while japanese/korean games are The Good poo poo, in that regard.

• Locked thread