Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Can't wait to hear what problems you had with the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

Because the amount of fanservice involved seems rather extreme.

I have no idea what you're talking about

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Main issue I had with the game was the flying battles that weren't really that special and honestly annoyed me more then anything else.

Also umbran climax is fun but wasn't really scaled properly for the game.

Oh and the clock-scenes look kind of crappy. I feel like they had a budget to skip those kind of cutscenes but just went and kept them in for style despite it looking cheap in both Bayo 1 and 2.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 25, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The mallet accessory is a dumb addition. Umbran Climax completely removes the need to do any torture attacks in the game so the new accessory feels like they just wanted to add something to the accessory line.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Neruz posted:

Its probably there to give you a reason to use torture attacks instead of Umbran Climax; mo moneh.
You get gently caress all off it compared to using another consumable that'll give you far more halos.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

AnotherGamer posted:

Funny you should mention about the lack of special prompts to do contextual moves on them, seeing as Platinum made a blog post specifically about adding in more hit reaction animations to enemies: http://platinumgames.com/2014/07/04/figuring-out-damage-motion/

Those two things aren't quite the same.

E: Also eugh I played through with a pro controller and never knew about the touching achievement.

:aaaaa:

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 7, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

yoshesque posted:

This gets worse with bosses and on infinite climax. It's not bad per se, because enemies in Bayo 1 did it as well, but the frequency with which enemies do it in 2 is just bad (and again is probably lazy design to artificially make fights more difficult). You can mostly get around it by hitting them in the back, and Umbran Spear will *generally* put you behind enemies when it works properly, but some enemies (bosses) will still parry you even if you hit them from behind.
The annoying frequency of blocking/breaking-your-cool-combo in two feels more like they were trying to push Witch Time and Umbran Climax more aggressively on the player. It's also really annoying coming out of WT or UC only to have them instantly block your next attack and counter.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

A Curvy Goonette posted:

I haven't watched the latest video but in the first three you made a lot of complaints about the time requirements for pure platinum necessitating a pretty unstylish, "meta" form of fighting.

So...why not just forget the pure platinum runs and go for recording fights that are more interesting?

I can't believe what I'm hearing here.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So are we complaining that the fights are boring because she's trying to pure platinum them or are we complaining because she doesn't love the game unconditionally?

Cause the fights are stylish as gently caress as the moment.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Rules of nature is great, even though it's the buttest butt rock ever made.

Almost all of risings music is great.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

If you never played the game yeah, it's just butt rock; but the way they use the music in-game is that it changes depending on which phase of the bossfight you're in, you start out with just the base instruments, you get a couple more effects when something awesome happens, and the lyrics kick in in the final phases, so it's usually a gently caress YEAH :pcgaming: moment.

So RULES OF NATURE is just butt rock, but the first time you actually hear the lyrics kick in is all kinds of amazing, because you're fighting a god drat Metal Gear Ray with a sword and it's still the tutorial level.

This is exactly why people love it.
For instance the Rules of Nature lyrics kick in while you're jumping from missile to missile towards metal gear ray. How can you not love the music for being the perfect choice for all the crazy over the top poo poo that goes on.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I do not like that Glamour fight. The entire surfing part takes way too long and the cool factor of it wears off after the first time you go through it.

Also Kafka's purple tinge makes everything look hideous.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

yoshesque posted:

Oh yeah, here's the blog post about the Glamor fight. It's funny how they wanted to do a surfing level like in the first game but it ended up a lot more lacklustre imo. Luckily this boss fight is arguably the worst so it's only up from here.

The thing is it sounds amazing on paper but you do nothing in the 'waterspout' section except dodge and mash Kafka. If they gave more chances to actually fight Glamor in that section it might have been better.

With flying battles I always have a problem with closing distance and it drags out the battle but that's probably just me. With reruns I now switch to a certain weapon and it speeds up the whole process.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mulgar posted:

So... What do you do if you don't want to use Kafka in the water tornado section?
Just shoot it with the Y button?

Use the guns and just do button held combos. Rashaska's kinda useless except for those sections where she'd closer for WT.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I was looking forward to the Lumen Sage as a rival fight and admittedly the first part isn't the worst thing (gently caress his dodge counter though) the next parts though are "MAN BET YOU WISH YOU WEREN'T FIGHTING SO YOU COULD ACTUALLY WATCH THIS poo poo" like Metal Gear Solid 4.

Also Madama Butterfly looks clunky as poo poo in that punch out section. Like I think Temperantia's fists are clipping right through her head when she dodges.

Just on boss fights: though all the boss fights of B2 are not as good as B1's none in B2 are as bad as Fortitudo in B1. Aside from Jeanne the boss battles in both games are kinda bad. B2 does manage to make them worse (gently caress flying battles).

Undine is the worst weapon.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 21, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

With Undine I just found that it's moveset was way too slow and has way too little firepower to compensate for it. Freezing stuff was cool.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

Things they've added:
Air fighting (which is awful)
Underwater fighting (which is awful)

I'm seeing a pattern here...
It's kinda funny considering during all their previews for the game Platinum Games & Nintendo were really hyping up the underwater and aerial fights.

Chernobog was kinda fun with UC. It's impossible to not hit everything on screen when you have Chernobog and UC.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

mkob posted:

Balder's sliding entrance was so flamboyant holy crap I love it

"Balder you're suppose to stand on the X"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I still don't get why so many are getting really bent out of shape over all this poo poo.

The whole time travel section was weird for me because the moment they introduced old enemies it was pure platinums all over the place. Also since we freed Jeanne all this stuff feels like they went "Oh poo poo yeah we should wrap up Loki's plot"

E: Yay lovely jet section

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

Counterpoint: "Call me Daddy."
The first game was stupid, but it was gloriously so, this is just awkward.

This game should never try to get emotional.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Everything about Loptr's design is off except for his fantastic shade of lipstick.

Though they could have made him look like a coffin.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

He's wearing pin heel platform shoes and a onepiece suit that have bell bottoms

He's fabulous. Pretty sure in his spare time he does drag shows.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I didn't quite understand the Balder thing. So were we really fighting Loptr in Bayo 1 and Balder couldn't control him? Loptr also lost his memory of Bayo or something.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I enjoyed this episode of non-stop infinite whip slams.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Shiiett...

That looked awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I didn't have the patience for Rodin in the first game to be fair but for Rodin 2 I just went gently caress it after a handful of attempts and only getting to his demon form once.

Just on Bayonetta 2 disappointment what I still really miss is that the game never hits those "Holy poo poo, that's crazy" moments for me in cutscenes that the first did. Loki is awful almost all of the time and Baldur is just dull as a rival.

Not to mention whenever Baldur appeared it was more of a warning that your gonna fight him while too much poo poo was going on in the background.Just compared to Jeanne I think her last battle was the only time it got as close to the Baldur arenas in terms of visual noise when you fought on the rocket.

I know I've said it a lot but gently caress flying battles. I have problems closing distance in those fights quickly and it drives me nuts.

I still like Bayonetta 2 but it had a lot of design choices that almost go completely against what the first game had.

• Locked thread