Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Strangely my first time through the game i would always do fine on Damage and usually time (even doing Tortures and not resorting to UC's so much) but combo would almost always be poo poo(probably from having it drop?) so i don't know what that says about me as player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Blah i'm super glad i don't get to play as Babynetta, that looks disgusting on her.

I only ever got use out of the Bow in the "USE IT HERE" type of Muphelhiems where actually using the bow trivializes most the difficulty involved, at least until you get a certain other weapon a bit later on that completely shatters the difficulty of said Musphelhiems (god i hate spelling that loving word)

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Heh. "Don't stop or look back on the way." References.

Also, this is the part of the game where I glued Alruna to Bayonetta's feet and Rakshasa to her hands and never really deviated from that. I used to win Tag Climaxes all the time just by using the spinning attacks of those two weapons over and over.

How telling, since the strategy guide's strategy for Pure Platinum for just about every verse in every chapter, barring a few exceptions is "Swords/Chainsaw on hands, Chainsaw/Whip on feet,go crazy" :v:

If that isn't the game telling the player "play it our way or don't get Pure Platinum scrub" then i don't know what is.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So it's totally okay for Steve Blume to talk to himself but not Bayonetta?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Yeah these kinds of games never have that, if anything it's the opposite. The character as portrayed in the cutscenes is this super badass that effortlessly blows through enemies and bosses like it was nothing. But as soon as you get control it's a completely different story and you have to die 3 or 4 times and almost die again on the attempt you beat the boss to get that super effortless looking per-rendered cutscene kill :v:

At least most of the time in Capcom/Platinum style action games you can do a majority of the awesome poo poo that gets pulled off in cutscenes. I'm still waiting on that button that lets me piledrive 5 Angels at the same time like the opening of the first game Platinum :colbert:

• Locked thread