Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Neurosis posted:

virgil is the best

:agreed:

Sadly, there's no low int dialogue.

Tbh, what they should have done is have your character mumbling and stuttering if you dumped resolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
gently caress, now I want to play Arcanum again.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't have anything that causes paralysis and the Adra Dragon fight is extremely unfun

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't have anything that causes paralysis and the Adra Dragon fight is extremely unfun

Do you have a Druid or a Wizard? Druid gets a spell that causes petrify at spell level 4, and wizards get a better one at spell level 6.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I couldn't land the druid one for the life of me but I eventually beat him by running around the room before he got angry and beating up all his buddies, then hoping the dice would roll in my favour when trying to hit him with stuff. I don't feel very fulfilled now

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So is this game good or nah.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
This morning I got locked out of completing main quest because I was meant to go down to a basement and then come up and ask a guy for a key, but when I talked to him the guy thought I had already taken the key and resolved the situation in the basement. So now I can't get the key off him because the game thinks he already gave it to me, meaning I can not complete the quest and, by extension, the game. I also am not able to get achievements, either because 1) achievements are bugged, or 2) I pressed the ~ key by accident an hour into the game and opened the developer console, disabling achievements permanently.

Game owns.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Obsidian can't even make one game without bugs

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

2house2fly posted:

This morning I got locked out of completing main quest because I was meant to go down to a basement and then come up and ask a guy for a key, but when I talked to him the guy thought I had already taken the key and resolved the situation in the basement. So now I can't get the key off him because the game thinks he already gave it to me, meaning I can not complete the quest and, by extension, the game. I also am not able to get achievements, either because 1) achievements are bugged, or 2) I pressed the ~ key by accident an hour into the game and opened the developer console, disabling achievements permanently.

Game owns.

did you talk to the guy's assistant in the basement first? I was stuck there for a awhile here. the guy is pretty short so I missed him.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

So is this game good or nah.

yea

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Uncle Wemus posted:

Obsidian can't even make one game without bugs

no one has ever made a game without bugs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im going to start playing this today.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
undead raedric is a oval office i had to pull out a lot of tricks for.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can I change my difficulty setting after I start?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game rules.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Can I change my difficulty setting after I start?

Yes, except for the bullshit options like Trial of Iron and stuff I think

This game rules.

Yes

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

wtf retard

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

This game rules.

It's true

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't played since this weekend but I got my keep and reached defiance bay and I kinda wanna just head back to the fort and upgrade it like crazy

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
that's a supported and even encouraged option

get the Warden's Lodge early on so the fort can be upgrading while you run around hunting bounties

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I haven't played since this weekend but I got my keep and reached defiance bay and I kinda wanna just head back to the fort and upgrade it like crazy

do it, the stronghold's cool. have you done the megadungeon at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

do it, the stronghold's cool. have you done the megadungeon at all

That the thing under the stronghold? No. I fought that watcher and he blew up my party very quickly but my chanter stayed alive and managed to solo him down from like 75% health to dead by just squeaking out skeletons with near perfect timing to keep the aggro off her. It was tense and after that I just put in the inn upgrade and traveled back and forth between maps until it was built because I couldn't see a way to wait

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That the thing under the stronghold? No. I fought that watcher and he blew up my party very quickly but my chanter stayed alive and managed to solo him down from like 75% health to dead by just squeaking out skeletons with near perfect timing to keep the aggro off her. It was tense and after that I just put in the inn upgrade and traveled back and forth between maps until it was built because I couldn't see a way to wait

yeah that fight's rough lol. the rest of the dungeon's pretty cool too, there's a bunch of really great fights in there, you should check it out next time you go back to the stronghold. this game's so fuckin good

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Welp I started playing this game again after having not played it in months and boy howdy is it hard. I need to get back into the groove I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Why do all the [passionate] options make you sound like a whiny bitch

• Locked thread