Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

SunAndSpring posted:

Wasteland 2 was a mess and Chris Avellone is only writing a little bit for it. That and Numenera, the tabletop game, is pretty mediocre so they don't have a great groundwork to build on.

Wow really? Chris Avellone not being the main writer for it makes it kind of pointless since PS: T is mostly hailed as a good game due to his writing.

Guess it's good inXile has nothing to do with Pillars of Eternity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Mr. Pumroy posted:

is this going to be available for dl like midnight tonight or is this some bullshit where it gets released like 2 in the afternoo on

It releases at 9am PDT.

I have a whole folder of custom portraits ready, all using Ralph McQuarrie concept art. :hellyeah:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mr. Pumroy posted:

is this going to be available for dl like midnight tonight or is this some bullshit where it gets released like 2 in the afternoo on

Releases at like 9 AM in California. So at like noon on the east coast.

Contra Calculus posted:

Wow really? Chris Avellone not being the main writer for it makes it kind of pointless since PS: T is mostly hailed as a good game due to his writing.

Guess it's good inXile has nothing to do with Pillars of Eternity

I think the main writer for Torment worked on Planescape: Torment with Chris, but it's weird how he isn't doing more for it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I think the main writer for Torment worked on Planescape: Torment with Chris, but it's weird how he isn't doing more for it.

he was busy working for obsidian, the company that he works for and helped co-found, on their own game

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Papercut posted:

It releases at 9am PDT.

SunAndSpring posted:

auuugh can't they just automate it so people in the proper eastern time zone get this poo poo in the morning? the sooner california turns into a desert the better.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

Wasteland 2 was a mess and Chris Avellone is only writing a little bit for it. That and Numenera, the tabletop game, is pretty mediocre so they don't have a great groundwork to build on.

I didn't know he was writing for it at all. Though I also haven't been following it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like the portraits, although some of them based off rich backers and thus the majority of the white human men look like the kind of people you'd find at the comic book store.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

I like the portraits, although some of them based off rich backers and thus the majority of the white human men look like the kind of people you'd find at the comic book store.

so you are saying they will be accurate

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

surc posted:

so you are saying they will be accurate

Compare this backer portrait

to this portrait of a fictional person

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

eder and the shark chanter bro look cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

for reference

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

Compare this backer portrait

to this portrait of a fictional person

The backer portrait is cooler.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Impossibly handsome blond man with a straw seductively hanging out of his mouth like the cover of a romance novel:

Wow, I'm not gay, but this looks awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've never actually been interested in men, but I just checked some studies and this man has a scientifically perfect face. You're being dishonest if you aren't getting horny to that hth.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The backer portrait is cooler.

I like his side burns.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

imo the best portrait i've seen so far is the guy on the left here

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Fungah! posted:

for reference

he looks like a happy fella

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fungah! posted:

imo the best portrait i've seen so far is the guy on the left here

I like that one. That's a backer, too, I think. Wish the other backers would've spread out amongst the other dorky races instead of concentrating on humans. It's a little vanilla.

Also Knuc, your standards of impossibly beautiful are a little low. Have you been playing too many Bioware games?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
what race and class should i main as???

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've never actually been interested in men, but I just checked some studies and this man has a scientifically perfect face. You're being dishonest if you aren't getting horny to that hth.

lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bedlamdan posted:

what race and class should i main as???

Apparently there are cutscenes that put the PC right in front of enemies before battle starts, so probably the most boring passive tank you can imagine.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Papercut posted:

Apparently there are cutscenes that put the PC right in front of enemies before battle starts, so probably the most boring passive tank you can imagine.

truly a game for the most hardcore such as myself

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Papercut posted:

waaaah baby might have to pay attention

Dec 26, 2012

Papercut posted:

maybe instead move away, from the enemies

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Papercut posted:

Usually it positions them by party order, at least judging from the ones I've seen in the beta and the streams so far. So if you drag your tanks to the front of the party order, it shouldn't do that. Of course, there might be some cutscenes where your dude goes out to talk to another guy or some poo poo, I dunno.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

01011001 posted:

maybe instead move away, from the enemies

Brush up on the engagement system, noob :spergin:

e: I'm gonna play a Hearth Orlan Rogue like all the other packfollowers.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Papercut posted:

Engagement isn't too hard to escape, honestly. If your team has any ranged stuns or knock downs like Slicken, you should be fine.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Papercut posted:

or just eat a disengagement hit or two and heal it up

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
IMO the only two flaws (though I haven't played the game yet) is that you don't get exp for killing things and there there aren't even any romances

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Bedlamdan posted:

IMO the only two flaws (though I haven't played the game yet) is that you don't get exp for killing things

Bedlamdan posted:

and there there aren't even any romances

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Romances are awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Obsidian doesn't have the nuts to take on Bioware at their own game.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Obsidian doesn't have the nuts to take on Bioware at their own game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If you romance her you shave a dirty word into your pussy to seduce her...and it works! Your move, Obsidian.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
There's still time before the game comes out, I know Rope Kid posts here

we can still save Pillars of Eternity, someone who actually paid money to PM people needs to message him

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you romance her you shave a dirty word into your pussy to seduce her...and it works! Your move, Obsidian.

Get out of here, anime lover.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
ok but there at least has to be random prostitute npcs in towns you can give gold to, followed by an immediate fade to black, and then you just leave

it is an rpg rule ropekid

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Bedlamdan posted:

ok but there at least has to be random prostitute npcs in towns you can give gold to, followed by an immediate fade to black, and then you just leave

this is commonly called a zelda II quickie in most circles

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Zelda doesn't even fade to black, just wham bam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Bedlamdan posted:

I found some files in the beta that suggests there are and that you get temporary buffs from banging the poo poo out of them.

I wonder what Big Durmsey gives you.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 26, 2015

• Locked thread