Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

no one expects thse spanish inqisition lol

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I don't know what god-damned character to make!!!!!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Don't double click to equip anything, you will lose all of your racial and passive buffs forever

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

zen death robot posted:

is this worth getting right now or should i wait for a sale/patches

Give it until the first patch. All in all, most of the bugs are pretty avoidable for an Obsidian game if you know about them. But Rope Kid said he's got the major ones fixed in this next patch, so it would be a smoother first run for you

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Parallax Scroll posted:

game is improved if you set the voice and music sliders to zero

I'm really hoping for some Jon Irenicus level voice acting somewhere along the line. BG2 had pretty dang good VA for its time.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I think it's cool that you get a castle with levels of dungeons under it. A keep if you will. Owned by a watcher. A Watchers Keep

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

zeal posted:

Is there a compelling reason to have monks fight in light or no armor, with their fists? I kitted my custom monk out the same as I would the rest of my front-liners, in plate with nice weaponry, and her attack profile is significantly weaker with bare fists.

The cost of putting armor on anyone is slower attacks. So glass cannons should wear light armor, tanks should use plate.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

zeal posted:

Oh I know that, I'm really more interested in arguments re: fist or weapon monks.

From what I hear, monks just aren't good tanks. I know for my cipher I use padded armor and use melee just fine. Early on maybe use armor, but after a few levels you should have some decent abilities and defenses to stand one on one melee

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

wtf retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Why do all the [passionate] options make you sound like a whiny bitch

• Locked thread